Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The M50 Barrier Free Tolling Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jenny100

Hi Sponge bob, BEF are subcontracted by the NRA. They manage the gantries, the image review (cameras that pick up your reg and tags) and the computer systems which are used by the call centre agents. Payzone and now Abran and now subcontracted by BEF.
    The only other company I can think of are Sanef who manage the maintenance of the cameras and gantries, they are also french.

Forgive me if I have missed out on anything or I am slightly of the mark but this is all I know.

Payzone manage ALL payments, whether taken in a shop or taken over the phone or over the website.

In reality the call centre is just an answering service, BEF rule and control everything.

Hope this helps

J

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Sanef OWN 80% of BEF .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Bond-007 wrote: »
    That is absolutely criminal.

With FF involved in it, is that a surprise?

The recent posts in this thread and Consumer Issues should inflame every citizen with outrage. I sincerely hope that the media will now pick this up and reveal just what utter crooks our elected leaders and their damned quangos are.

I too am emailing every b****y newspaper I can think of. Meanwhile, to all of you folks who have lost your jobs, if I was a lawyer I would love to take your cases to the labour court. The way you have been treated is beneath contempt.

Sanef wouldn't be used much with us at all, it's more BetEire Flow that we know off. They must be the originators of the whole barrier free tolling.

This is not the first time this has failed, this has happened in America and after 2 weeks one of their gantries was shut down, it was a total mess.

You seem pretty clued up sponge, pm me and fill me in on how you are so knowledgable on all of this!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 72862mm

Hi Jenny,

I am too an ex TP agent. completely gutted at losing my job when is just seems that no matter what we did BEF were out to get us! this whole moving to abtran lark is purely a publicity stunt to gain the public's confidence. Now thanks to you and hopefully more of our colleagues we can tell the real truth before this all goes too far! you go girl!

What you have said gives customers a much better insight into what really goes on - instead of the complete BS that that they leak to the press. Just a shame that TP were used as the scapegoats in all of this, we had some really good people who worked their butts off and did not deserve this at all.

I am a true believer in karma and these people will get their comeuppance!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 simples

72862mm wrote: »
    Hi Jenny,

I am too an ex TP agent. completely gutted at losing my job when is just seems that no matter what we did BEF were out to get us! this whole moving to abtran lark is purely a publicity stunt to gain the public's confidence. Now thanks to you and hopefully more of our colleagues we can tell the real truth before this all goes too far! you go girl!

What you have said gives customers a much better insight into what really goes on - instead of the complete BS that that they leak to the press. Just a shame that TP were used as the scapegoats in all of this, we had some really good people who worked their butts off and did not deserve this at all.

I am a true believer in karma and these people will get their comeuppance!!

true story!! now that everyone can pick our brains and get honest answers, instead of just restating and rewording the incomparable policies and procedures, they can get a good idea of just what we're dealing with!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Interesting information but is it safe to allow this information to be posted on boards.ie - whether it is true or not. I'm sure boards has received solicitors letters for less!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Simon McBeth started with BEF in February , by April he had Adtrans on Board . By June he fired you lot . And yet I think it was planned before he came in at all .

That is a valuable four month period for BEF where they can fix their systems , make Payzone fix THEIR system ( good luck there :p) , and hopefully for them to avoid:

1. Court Cases Court Cases Court Cases and Court Cases
    2. Investigations by the Parliamentary Select Committee ( you guys should contact them , especially Labour ones)
    3. Having their contract terminated by the NRA for non performance and dereliction and downright fraud against the Irish Consumer

Simon has been brought in to fix a mess created by others. BEF were awarded the eFlow contract nearly 2 years before Simon came in . They had nearly a year and a half to get things right . He has only been there 5 months .

I feel that you guys have been made scapegoats for the myriad failures of BEF to design and implement a system since they were awarded the contract on the 21 March 2007 .

Good luck to Simon, there are evidently many muppets in BEF .

This is his job description .

http://www.linkedin.com/in/simonmcbeth

Director of Communications and Customer Relations BetEire Flow[/B]
    (Outsourcing/Offshoring industry)
    February 2009 — Present (5 months)
    Senior Management accountability for Customer Service functions including Outsourced Contact Centre and all other customer touch points. Provide direction for 10 direct reports to ensure speed of response and world class customer service for the first EU project in the management of major tolling operation. Responsibilities include:

• Develop and deliver the customer service vision, strategy and organization throughout the business
    • Liaise directly with the government body (NRA) to ensure satisfaction of customer servicing
    • Lead, Co-Ordinate and manage on an integrated basis all individual sections responsible for interacting with the customers
    • Be first person contact for communications, marketing and public relations areas on behalf of customer service
    • Lead role in management of all business suppliers and key relationships
    • Management of internal suppliers to ensure best practice delivery, including IT, HR and Facilities teams

But he is being paid very well and one should not feel sorry for him , especially as he has deliberately sacked 100's of people for the failings of BEF since the 21st of march 2007 .

HTH

SB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 de-flowed

I am another TP employee who previously worked for eFlow customer services. In relation to anyone wondering why Teleperformance could no longer waive penalty charges in any capacity, as of Monday April 27th, Teleperformance agents could no longer waive fines as a "sweetener" (as coined by BetEire Flow)to customers who wish to register an account.

When pressed for reasons why this was the case we were issued further correspondence from BetEire Flow (BEF), alleging that NRA/BEF was being warned from a monopoly commission regarding using the waiving of penalty fines as a sales tactic. They stated that other tag providers (EasyPass, EirTag, Park Magic, etc) had complained about this measure, however to my knowledge customers under other tag providers were also having penalty charges waived left and right as a result of BEFs errors. Their explanation appears to have been completely bogus given that they reinstated this exact policy in the Abtran-run callcentre in Cork. Either they are in breach of a so-called monopoly commission once again, or they have outright lied to their own customer service staff.

BEF likely wished to exploit a get-out clause in TPs contract regarding the grade of service offered by the contact centre. To do so, they made increasing demands and removed options from TPs customer advisors, whilst retaining such "sweeteners" for Abtrans staff. Within roughly 1 1/2 months they were then able to successfully terminate TPs contract without suitable notice to TPs management and therefore its staff.

It should also be noted that TP management was aware of the situation with Abtran and had made requests to BEF that, should they wish to move the contract completely to Cork, they would at least provide some form of notice to accomodate the staff involved. This, of course, was ignored, and, as in many cases, the staff were only made aware of BEFs policies and actions through the press. In fact, many staff members were first made aware they were redundant when Simon McBeth decided to lambast TP on national radio, before our management could notify us.

I hope this provides some clarification regarding the situation TPs staff were in throughout. Everyone I worked with was dedicated to helping our customers in any way we could (even while risking disciplinary action for any attempts to waive charges or escalate customer complaints). The general impression from NRA/BEF was that users of the M50 were not customers that required service, but an outright inconvenience to them when they weren't paying up.

I would also like to point out that the eFlow website laughably remains inaccessible to anyone who happens to use the Safari web browser, not to mention that their entire online account registration process is more or less defunct. The website, for the past 6 months, decides on an arbitrary basis whether you can set up an account for your vehicle. You can quite easily try for yourself by accessing the account registration page at www.eflow.ie, and entering your vehicle registration. The system will then seemingly flip a coin and decide whether to let you proceed or advise you to contact the call centre. In many ways the eFlow operation is ideal for BEF/NRA in that there is no transparency on any level of the service. Payment must be made in accordance with their arbitrary demands, customers are directed away from the website to a Lo-Call number to register accounts, and in all cases regarding passages through the M50 you are deemed guilty until proven innocent.

My sympathies to anyone who at least remained civil with us on the phone, please be aware that we made every effort to ensure you weren't being fleeced by what is now clearly an unfinished and unlawful operation.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

de-flowed wrote: »
    I would also like to point out that the eFlow website laughably remains inaccessible to anyone who happens to use the Safari web browser, not to mention that their entire online account registration process is more or less defunct. The website, for the past 6 months, decides on an arbitrary basis whether you can set up an account for your vehicle. You can quite easily try for yourself by accessing the account registration page at www.eflow.ie, and entering your vehicle registration. The system will then seemingly flip a coin and decide whether to let you proceed or advise you to contact the call centre. In many ways the eFlow operation is ideal for BEF/NRA in that there is no transparency on any level of the service. Payment must be made in accordance with their arbitrary demands, customers are directed away from the website to a Lo-Call number to register accounts, and in all cases regarding passages through the M50 you are deemed guilty until proven innocent.
    Firefox Attempt #1
    We were unable to process your request for the following reason:
    Error occured. Please try again later.
    Please Contact our customer service department at this location.

same again for #2, #3, #4 & #5
    Safari Attempt #1
    Your browser is not supported by this site. Please click here to get the latest version of Internet Explorer or here to get the latest version of FireFox.

Internet Explorer 8 - homepage doesn't render properly at all
    Eventually get this
    We were unable to process your request for the following reason:
    Error occured. Please try again later.
    Please Contact our customer service department at this location.

• Advertisement

Guys, I am so glad the truth is finally coming out.

I really do not want to be associated with the shambolic BEF any longer and really hope that M50 customers also dissociate us from them.

BEF should be ashamed and embarrassed of their antics and I do not know how they sleep at night, i however sleep very well!

This your chance to have all your questions answered so please please keep them coming.......

kbannon wrote: »
    Firefox Attempt #1

Safari Attempt #1

Eventually get this

i love how the error message sounds like the dispute letters, entirely vague and with no real information provided, and both advise you to contact the call centre.. any wonder there were/still are(?) long waiting times on the phones!

if you go to the contact page as per the links in the error messages, one option is to email them
    Try emailing them using that link! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dumpydee

BEF have knowingly turfed around 100 hard working people onto the scrap heap and Teleperformance are going above and beyond to try and generate new work for them whether within TP or elsewhere.

Good to see some fellow ex-eflow staff setting things straight.

Have a butchers at my new eflow banner idea lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

PMSL @ the banner.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Firefox Attempt #1

Safari Attempt #1

Eventually get this

I get that every time too on Firefox.

I believe that those in Abtran were fed the same story about how bad TP were at customer service. A friend who works there was lambasting them recently. I had my suspicions that she was wrong and did tell her at the time that it could have been the system rather than the fact that the entire staff were useless. (:rolleyes:) She didn't believe me though.

nice banner dumpy!

Guys, just remember that the webform actually goes to TP agents (until next week sometime)

oh that might be something else i forgot to mention - they made TP keep on the email team to clear out the backlog before they took it over!! what a cheek! so the guys are currently working away on this and some other backlogs in the system which BEF were meant to work on but didnt - yet again we are cleaning up thier mess!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I believe that those in Abtran were fed the same story about how bad TP were at customer service. A friend who works there was lambasting them recently. I had my suspicions that she was wrong and did tell her at the time that it could have been the system rather than the fact that the entire staff were useless. (:rolleyes:) She didn't believe me though.[/quote]

It would be a good idea if the agents of Abtran were aware of this thread and read through everything that is being discussed here. I feel quite angry that agents of Abtran feel that we did not do our job properly. It is quite clear they have been fed a load of crap from BEF about us. I would also be interested to hear from a member of the Abtran staff as to what BEF have told them what they are allowed to do for the customers concerning waiving fines etc.

BEF advertised on a live radio interview that Teleperformance failed on a customer service survey where Abtran passed with flying colours.

Now let me ask the Irish public this, if you had a call answered by a TP agent who couldn't waive your fines for you and demanded you pay up as we were instructed to do so, you would feel very unsatisfied indeed and you would feel that you did not receive the best customer service, therefore requiring a complaint to be issued and having more and more phone calls to have your issue dealt with.

Now if you were answered by a Abtran agent who waived your fines there and then with no questions asked, I am sure you were more than satisfied with the customer service provided, having made only one call and having the issue resolved immediately.

Is it any wonder Abtran won the customer service survey?? Not only could we see that they were waiving fines but they were allowed to use other facilities that enabled them to waive fines for the customers.

I DO NOT want to come across as if I am trying to get at Abrtan as they do not know the full story to all of this but I would like them to be prepared and aware that Teleperformance did their best at all times, we did nothing to affect how you worked (so please do not say anything bad about us, a lot of my friends lost their jobs with families and homes to pay for and you do not know the whole story) and you did nothing to affect us. The people behind all the lies and deceit was BEF, I wish all the agents all the best in Abtran with this contract and if anyone from Abtran wishes to discuss what really happened then PM me and I can have an honest and open discussion with you.

So much more to say about this, the more said and the more this thread is advertised then the happier I will be, it will have made my painful ex job totally worth it. As you can see more and more ex agents of TP are logging on and majority of them have offered their help to all Irish M50 road users, if we were that crap and really didn't care we would not be on here offering our help, again I want to regain peoples faith in Teleperformance as they the best company to work for, to be told I had to leave was the most heartbreaking day I have ever experienced in my life.

jenny100 wrote: »
    As you can see more and more ex agents of TP are logging on and majority of them have offered their help to all Irish M50 road users, if we were that crap and really didn't care we would not be on here offering our help, again I want to regain peoples faith in Teleperformance as they the best company to work for, to be told I had to leave was the most heartbreaking day I have ever experienced in my life.

Hear hear! What customers maybe didn't realise was that most of the times we put them on hold we were practically begging our supervisors to allow us to go down some avenue to help customers, but with the strict procedures set out we had little in the way of options to help. And when we were backed up by a less than functional system is it any wonder we "weren't providing customer service" or whatever we were accused of.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

if you go to the contact page as per the links in the error messages, one option is to email them

Try emailing them using that link! :rolleyes:

That's not even an email link, email uses an address in the form username@hostname using an email client, while an address neginning http:// is the address of a webpage. same as a private message here isn't an email. Note how not using email won't let you copy yourself or anyone else to provide an paper trail.

• Advertisement

Yeah, they used to have an email address but changes to a 'webform' around christmas. They said this was because of the anount of spam they were getting!

That's not even an email link, email uses an address in the form username@hostname using an email client, while an address neginning http:// is the address of a webpage. same as a private message here isn't an email. Note how not using email won't let you copy yourself or anyone else to provide an paper trail.
    I knew that - you should be telling eflow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RebelLucanRente

Just signed up to post on this topic. I received two 47.50 fines in the post despite never being informed that I needed to pay two 3 euro fines at any point in the 14 days they allow you.

I have gotten no satisfaction from the customer support people and so have decided to raise this issue directly with the NRA (big nod to 2pack over on thepropertypin.com for pointing me in this direction).

I think anyone who is dissatisfied with BEF should big screaming at the NRA because this is the public body who contracted BEF to carry our this service.

I have informed the lady directly responsible for this PPP in the NRA that I will be calling her as a witness in any court proceedings against me to explain why she has not recified this obviously disfunctional system. I copied her boss on the mail.

I will be contacting my local councellors and TD's on this issue. I will be contacting every media outlet in the country if the issue goes to court. I'd encourage all other victims of sharp practices at the hands of BEF to follow the same route.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I will be using the m50 including the toll bridge next week this will be first time on the bridge in years whats the easist (least ammount of hassel)way to pay for same, ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Pay it online with a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Sure fire way of avoiding the hassle and the cost, is not to use that part of the M50.

I avoid the toll by using the N2* instead. Adds about 15 minutes on to an approximate 3.5 hour journey from Waterford to Newry, which I can live with - easily.

I vow never to use the M50 toll again, ever.

*Or is it the N3? Can't remember off hand, I just set the sat nav to avoid toll roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Yeah I've only used it once and paid online afterwards and didn't have any problems.

Website is a bit weird though as it doesn't track how much you owe by your plate so you basically have to tell them how many times you used it instead of them knowing which would seem more logical (an acknowledgement that their system is flawed at its core if you ask me).

Anyway pay afterwards by credit card on the this page on the site:
    https://csc.eflow.ie/myaccount/payUTT.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

And always remember to get a screenshot of the payment receipt in case your payment isn't received by them.

janeybabe wrote: »
    And always remember to get a screenshot of the payment receipt in case your payment isn't received by them.

Definitely do this!! It is very important that you get both the "Reference" and the "Payment Reference" numbers, these are key to finding "lost payments". the "Reference" is nearly more important as this refers to the account the payment has gone to, but take both to be sure. If you pay in a store make sure you keep your receipt!!!! Even keep the receipts for a couple of months if you can, in your glove box or something, as some people can have issues even further down the line.

And if you are paying in a shop, get the person serving you to repeat the reg before you pay them, using the phonetic alphabet, and then check the receipt BEFORE you leave the shop to ensure the right reg has been entered.

If you have any doubts whether your payment went through, online or in a payzone store, the best thing is to ring. They take a very hard line in that it is your responsibility to ensure your payment is successful. Saying that you thought it went through isn't usually acceptable and if the person on the phone can't see the payment then more often than not you will have accrued fines which are payable unless you can provide proof of payment such as a bank statement. But that to me seems like more hassle than it's worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Sinderella

Still haven't found anyone who can answer the (to me) blindingly obvious:
    How can they threaten to take you to court for "failing" to pay a toll when you refuse to pay a fine? (as happened to me)
    I paid the toll, albeit a few hours late but I paid it. I'll be fecked if I'm gonna give them another 40 odd € on the back of the totally irrelevant law they keep quoting at me!

All letters are now filed in my green bin :D

I'd still put my money on this being the main reason for cases being chucked out of court. If one ever gets as far as court! :rolleyes:

Advertisement