Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The M50 Barrier Free Tolling Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 madbitch

benifa wrote: »
    madbitch, your outbursts of obscenities and sectarian tripe is what got you banned from the Consumer Issues forum, not your poor spelling.

The comments that I have posted are mild compared to that, that myself and others had to deal with on a daily basis. I do not agree with the insensitivity from people over others being laid off with no notice whatsoever. Anyone that worked on that campaign agree (including myself) that the system was not well planned and did not work, this is why we helped people (within the powers given to us) and dealt with queries on an individual basis and to come onto a site like this and see that we are being blamed for every flaw is a disgrace. At the end of the day we dealt with customers of the NRA and BetEireFlow, they are the people (like ive stated before) taking your money and implementing fines. It was not agents that worked for TP. I know the system inside out as I was there from the start and the flaws that TP experianced are still there, therefore Abtran will experiance the same difficulties that we did. I am more than willing to give anyone advise on how to get round the flaws and on what to say when they call with an issue. People though need to accept that BetEireFlow and the NRA are to blame for the problems and not TP. They didnt mention in the papers that they asked 1 specific team to stay on, to complete work for them, so if we really wern't doing are jobs why would they request this :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I'm sorry for what happened to you and your colleagues madbitch, but it doesn't give you the right to post crap like this:
    madbitch wrote: »
    Hahahaha hw rong wer u, bankrupt by xmas!! :) dont u realise that its the irish government running that bridge and they are reaping all the benefits!! And to laugh at the prospect of people losing their jobs just shows how much of an ignorant nation u southern numpties are F.U!!!!!!! :P :P
    Thank god!! :D somebody with sum f**cking sense, although to half them people it is rocket science!!! Cnt they read r summit :confused: and no one person is forced to use that road there are other roads, so if you dont like the charges dont use the f**cking road you w**nkers!!!!
    U serious :eek: Eflow ruin the "free state" economy, u are a complete and utter wanker if thats what you think. The thing that would be ruining the "free state" economy is that fact that half you sponging c**ts dont work and are claiming, then coming across the boarder and spending it here lol!! We r the only ones laughing coz, the North isnt doing that badly thanks to u lot!!!! O yea and in the "free state" its right that uz are'nt even buying Irish produce but BRITISH produce to sell in your ever so0o empty shops lmao!!!! :P :D
    You ****ing asshole!!! Alot of the people that lost their jobs r in uni getting an education u halfwit southern bastard!! Go on and scratch ur hole u ****er!! And rude gits!! Have u listened to the recordings of the calls that we had to put up with ignorant!! U Mexicans invented the word, scum**** bastards!!!!! O yea and the system was invented by southerners so wat does that say bout u lot wen u cant even get a "barrier free" tolling system correct!!!!!! :D:D :P

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    You were ranting in an illiterate doggerel commonly known as text speak , shorthand is a different beast entirely .

Please use the Queens English in this discussion forum as it is far more pleasing to the eye and refrain from ranting about people who are justifiably angry at being ripped off by eFlow and who are rarely impressed when they come across a Customer Care Agent who registers on a website to tell us that they don't 'care' , never did .

Oh and "our" , try "our" !

I have never stated that I "don't care" or never did. I have stated that I agree that the system never has and never will work! It doesn't matter who has the contract to answer their calls, people will still be incorrectly charged, still receive letters when they have not used the M50 and LPN still being picked up incorrectly. I could say the same thing about TP agents being "justifiably angry" at people taking pleasure in many loosing their jobs and blaming every flaw on TP agents! I dealt with cases on an individual basis and within the powers that BetEireFlow and the NRA would allow me too. Almost everything had to be past to them to be reviewed and we had to wait on responses from them before we could anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

In before the ban! (Permanent I hope!) :rolleyes:

benifa wrote: »
    I'm sorry for what happened to you and your colleagues madbitch, but it doesn't give you the right to post crap like this:

I accept that I may have been harsh but these comments were posted within 2 days of finding out that I and many of my friends were out of jobs. Emotions were very high, we were having to deal with the shocking news that we were now unemployed, reading the lies in the papers and then seeing that people were happy that we had lost our jobs and being blamed for everything that went wrong with EFlow. If you had just been laid off and then had to deal with everything above, after already taking a years abuse from customers when you done nothing but tried to he;p them, that you would not have been angry? May I add that every person in TP bit their tongues on many occasions when dealing with very abusive customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

If you had just been laid off and then had to deal with everything above, after already taking a years abuse from customers when you done nothing but tried to he;p them, that you would not have been angry? May I add that every person in TP bit their tongues on many occasions when dealing with very abusive customers.

A hear what you're saying, and I would be angry too - you're right. You overstepped the mark though, imo.

But sure, who am I anyway..

Sorry for going off-topic a bit mods.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

No need to ban her from here if she behaves.

Madbitch the racist LVF style bilge in Consumer Issues was a disgrace to you and to your ex colleagues . If you apologise properly to them for the way you let them down by portraying the average Bangor Call Centre Agent as an LVF leader manqué and promise never to post racist LVF style bilge on Boards again then I will consider the matter closed .

Having first done that have you any worthwhile observations to add to this post below ??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60667099&postcount=1271

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    No need to ban her from here if she behaves.

Madbitch the racist LVF style bilge in Consumer Issues was a disgrace to you and to your ex colleagues . If you apologise properly to them for the way you let them down by portraying the average Bangor Call Centre Agent as an LVF leader manqué and promise never to post racist LVF style bilge on Boards again then I will consider the matter closed .

Having first done that have you any worthwhile observations to add to this post below ??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60667099&postcount=1271

What are you on about LVF????? I didn't mention the Bangor site either?? Have I since posted anything that has been offensive?? I've agreed that my comments were harsh and the reason for that but I have not once mentioned the LVF or any other organisation for that matter!! And equally I feel (and other colleagues) that you have behaved in a disgracful manner also with your comments. Ive apologised and explained myself, Im doing no more. As for your last comment, how can you justify saying that I said that!? All comments that I have posted are above, not once has anything that you have mentioned that I ahve said is in any of them!!

So you are not prepared to apologise to your ex colleagues for letting them down with your racist LVF style bilge. And now you expect us to take a racist seriously as a dispassionate and dedicated call centre professional :eek:

Dearie Me :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You called us "Mexicans". That is a big insult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

That's absolutely disgraceful talk, Madbitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,406 ✭✭✭Damien360

Are there any mods watching. madbitch comments are disgraceful.

Call that a complaint.

She did not make them in this forum and unsurprisingly she is banned from the forum in which she did make them .

Her refusal to apologise to her former colleagues for the way she behaved is quite disgraceful .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Guys just keep this on topic please

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I had to ring Abtran on Saturday to set up my video account because the website still wont let me do it and the girl I was talking to (Lorraine) couldn't have been more helpful. I do have to call them back when I get my activation number though, which sucks because I hate calling call centres from my mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jenny100

Hi everyone, I am typing here on behalf of all ex Eflow staff, myself, and my good mate who is here besides me helping write this post (we are also ex eflow staff)
    We were notified about this site and had to have a look, we have read through everything and it is quite obvious there's a bit of an unnecessary war between angry M50 users and ex TP staff, who are also very angry, with good reason. Hopefully this post will open everyone's eyes a bit and the anger will be directed at the right people.

Below are some of the system issues we experienced and if the M50 users could open their minds a bit and understand how difficult it was to manage even the most basic of calls:

1 Tolls already paid, this is when a customer pays on time via a shop or online but without their letter. This means their journey will not be closed off as they did not pay correctly, BEF's solution, make the customers pay again. This method of payment is not advertised on any road signs and BEF send the letters out AFTER they have already added on the €41.50, how convenient.

2 Customers payment methods (this is a cracker) the BEF system originated in France and is used in USA. In America every time a customers card expires they get a new card with another new card number and expiry date so the system is designed to take only new card numbers when their old one expires. As you all know when you get a new Laser card you are issued with a new expiry date but the same card number, so when we tried to add the card details it wouldn't accept it as the card already exists, anybody wonder why we never take money out of their laser card???

3 BEF stopped TP waiving fines and continued to allow Abtran to waive fines (although they told us that Abtran were not allowed to waive fines we could see this happening on the system) thus giving Abtran an unfair advantage (this is not a dig at Abtran). When BEF carried out customer surveys, if a customer was dealt with via TP they were unsatisfied as we could do nothing but demand payment, if they were dealt with via Abtran they could waive fines therefore the customer would have been more than satisfied and had a better customer experience, anybody seeing a total set up here??

4 Customers paying using their credit or Laser cards and their payments going missing, well this is down to payzone. As it is a third party managing the payments the customer had to speak to us, we then had to email BEF with payment details who then had to email payzone, has anybody been waiting months for their payment to be traced, oh and had the joys of receiving fines from Eflow whilst waiting. If you had the unfortunate luck and Payzone couldn't trace your payments then guess what BEFS rules were, you guessed it, pay up. Fines and all!!!

5 If you weren't on the road and you received a letter, this was sent out by BEF, they control all the correspondence that customers received. They sent out duplicates, they sent out letters with wrong dates and sometimes sending out 50 letters to at least one customer. Here's another wee secret, instead of sending out letters on time to customers as and when they were supposed to, BEF sent these letters out in a mast post to save money, that's why some customers didn't receive their STR letters until day 14 when by that date they had already received the €41.50 fine!!

I could go on and maybe I will at a later stage with a few more trade secrets, the public should be aware of how they are being ripped off and also TP agents for receiving so much grief over the phone and not being supplied the tools by BEF to help the public, they more or less revoked these tools more and more each week.

P.S. did anybody listen to the Pat Kenny show last Thursday, he had the right idea, he can see the truth and it was good that somebody put Simon McBeth in his place aka Eflow/BEF director of all this nonsense. Somebody realises that with all these system issues Teleperformance were doing their best to clean up BEF's mess, now this has been moved to Abtran and they will need all the luck in the world as all the system issues, fines, prosecutions, angry over charged customers, and incompetent Dublin back office is still there.

TP is known for their excellent customer service, it went wrong with BEF as they did not provide the excellent computer or toll service they promised, the sooner the NRA realise their mistake the better for all those suffering people in the south who are at their wits end with this company, must go need to sort out mortgage payments (somehow lol)

<mod edit>emails snipped at request - contact details here: http://www.eflow.ie/contact/index.htm</mod edit>

hope I dont get banned for my honesty :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

This is DYNAMYTE!

re; your comment "Here's another wee secret, instead of sending out letters on time to customers as and when they were supposed to, BEF sent these letters out in a mast post to save money, that's why some customers didn't receive their STR letters until day 14 when by that date they had already received the €41.50 fine!!"

BIG newspaper article FTW!

Wow thats a lot of stuff Jenny , my thanks . No chance of being banned for honesty or discussing things, don't you worry .

Who are the current subcontractors for BEF

Payzone (Micro Payments )
    Abtrans ( Call centre) .

anybody else and where do they fit in to the Mess that the French have made , along with the NRA ??

This bit is pretty diabolic .
    3 BEF stopped TP waiving fines and continued to allow Abtran to waive fines (although they told us that Abtran were not allowed to waive fines we could see this happening on the system) thus giving Abtran an unfair advantage

I bet that will last until close of business today , and then they won't be able to waive fines either .

If they do then make sure you contact all your TDs through this system here http://contact.ie/contact . With Noel Dempsey and Frank Fahey in charge of Transport I do not expect any principled approach to this mess.

The committee over in the Dáil are listed here lest your local muppet is on it .

If you are from Galway and got diddled by BEF on your way to the airport then you should hassle Frank to sort it out, pronto .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 simples

Good woman Jenny, I am also an ex-agent and would love to have said the things you did only was afeared lol also I'm impressed you included BEF emails!! What a nice personal touch.. you can tell TP provide great service :)

5 If you weren't on the road and you received a letter, this was sent out by BEF, they control all the correspondence that customers received. They sent out duplicates, they sent out letters with wrong dates and sometimes sending out 50 letters to at least one customer. Here's another wee secret, instead of sending out letters on time to customers as and when they were supposed to, BEF sent these letters out in a mast post to save money, that's why some customers didn't receive their STR letters until day 14 when by that date they had already received the €41.50 fine!!
    That is absolutely criminal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Bond-007 wrote: »
    That is absolutely criminal.

+1
    yeah, I'm not suprised by their under handed tactics.
    This is just as bad as the Banks over charging a few years back. People should be repaid their fine's forthwith if this is all true.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

On the assumption that it is actually true, is anyone surprised?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

+1
    yeah, I'm not suprised by their under handed tactics.
    This is just as bad as the Banks over charging a few years back. People should be repaid their fine's forthwith if this is all true.

Why bother paying the fines? I haven't paid any tolls or fines in the last few months as I have a big dispute with them and they won't let me just pay the toll. I don't care though as I know they will never take me to court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 simples

kbannon wrote: »
    On the assumption that it is actually true, is anyone surprised?

this is indeed true, I had many debates with customers who had not received letters. the response we had to give was "eFlow are not legally obliged to send these letters, they are a reminder only" but in the same breath we would ask customers to ensure they take letters with them to a store to make payment. This always caused confusion.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Thats just daft.
    "We don't have to send you a letter but if we don't then you can't pay in a shop and we'll increase the fine!"

Hi simples PM me and let me know who you are, I will tell you then hehe, but ssh, as the informationI have posted is more than what I should have posted, but I thought it best that the customers knew the real truth and to stop TP agents and angry customers from having a go at each other.

The truth always comes out in the long grass, if anyone doubts me PM me and I can confirm anything you want to know.

I want to express my deepest sympathy for all southern road users, as a TP employee (and I do speak for all TP employees) I was utterly ashamed to do some of the things BEF asked me to do and all employees felt the same, no matter what we did to try and fight your battle BEF always made it harder for their customers and for us or they just simply ignored us.

Alls ended now and I can't say I am upset at the prospect of not working with BEF ever again but I am totally gutted at losing my job at TP, all this is a result of how we were treated by BEF, funnily enough, it resembles the way the southern customers are also being treated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Its about time this thing came to a close and got pushed into the media TBH.

Its been a disaster since it launched and with the things the company has been getting up to as outlined above by now ex-staff, it is shocking. One could be forgiven for giving the company the benefit of the doubt and that the employees are just mad after being let go with no notice except the things being described are things that I think most people couldn't come up with if they were trying to initiate false claims against a previous employer that they have an axe to grind with.

Anyway, my sympathies to the staff members that have been let go. Having no notice isn't really acceptable. I'm sure there is some notice requirement in your contracts or in employment law that you might be able to get some pay for weeks notice even though you didn't work the notice as they didn't want you to. Would seem only reasonable to me. They have certain obligations to their staff although they obviously don't see the need to fulfill obligations.

If they have falsely dismissed you lot for not providing a service when they wouldn't let you then you might be able to take them to an employment court or something for unfair dismissal. If everyone went in on it then I imagine they wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Of course I don't know if you have a leg to stand on legally so don't consider this legal advice or anything.

I think we should collectively start trying to push this further into the media by contacting programs like the last word and contacting local representatives about this issue.

It seems crazy they've been able to get away with it for this long. I'm lucky I don't travel that way and when I do, I can travel the back roads to avoid the toll.

I have emailed the Sunday Tribune about this.

I am glad this is being taken on board by the irish public, in no way are we going to take the blame any longer for BEF's mess. All media reps should be notified of these issues and maybe out of all this mess some good will come out of it. I wish you all luck and again if you want to know anything else PM me and I will do my best to help you.

Its to late for us as agents but it's not to late for us to help the irish public, I hope I can regain your faith in Teleperformance by going above and beyond my ex job role and doing what I can to help you all.

• Advertisement

Any more subcontractors Jenny , bar Abtrans and Payzone ??

I have been collecting contact information for all the suspects involved in this diabolic system in this thread in Consumer Issues

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055407898&page=9

Advertisement