Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

Monday rest day!
    so..
    I made a Chocolate cake!
    From scratch! :eek:
    No "just add water" for me...
    Icing it tonight so should I add Smarties or MMs ??
    Or Minstrels..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Magnet wrote: »
    Monday rest day!
    so..
    I made a Chocolate cake!
    Or Minstrels..

Eugh... chocolate... None of the above!

Ok, that's just me and my weird allergies... But deffo not Minstrels, but some proper colour on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

minstrels on my slice please.;)

The guy who fixes my bike is calling to our place this evening. This guy is a legend and I really want to keep him on-side so we have cheesecake, eclairs and home-made bread, all baked from scratch at 6am this morning! Zuppylurk doesn't get looked after as well as the bike guy, actually if it ever came down to a choice between the two it could be very close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Minstrels all the way! and... are you single :D

Finished College tonight WOOHOO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Magnet wrote: »
    Monday rest day!
    so..
    I made a Chocolate cake!
    Or Minstrels..

Bit of everything mmmmmmmmm :cool:
    None for me though .. I'm not eating crap at the moment but I'll expect a full review on how it tastes tomorrow :D

• Advertisement

Congrats on finishing college MCOS. You just having cake to celebrate or something a bit stronger?

minstrels on my slice please.;)

The guy who fixes my bike is calling to our place this evening. This guy is a legend and I really want to keep him on-side so we have cheesecake, eclairs and home-made bread, all baked from scratch at 6am this morning! Zuppylurk doesn't get looked after as well as the bike guy, actually if it ever came down to a choice between the two it could be very close.

:eek: Hope Zuppylurk doesn't stumble accross this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

bit of everythin for me,,and i'll have munster gal's also,,she said i could,,really:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Congrats on finishing college MCOS. You just having cake to celebrate or something a bit stronger?

Just finishing off the work tonight I think but there will more than likely be cake, something stronger for sure later in the week :) On antbiotics right now though so I'll be taking it easy*.

*Can't drink anyway, complete lightweight!

tantipie wrote: »
    bit of everythin for me,,and i'll have munster gal's also,,she said i could,,really:p

:eek: If I'm not having it neither are you :P
    But maybe we can treat ourselves after the mini marathon on Monday :D:D:D

*Logs onto google to find nice places to eat in Dublin

• Advertisement

yeah look up where's open after 5,,as i wont be finishin anytime sooner:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

All the talk of cider drove me to buy a flagan of devils bit cider last night. Use to drink that muck when I was a young hooligan. Long story short it's fecking jungle juice, was sleep walking and everything last night.

hope you kept a log and was it Tempo stuff or just lsw?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

Stop yer making me hungry......chocolate....minstrels....

So Tantipie and Munstergal, yer in Dublin on Monday too....who else is heading up? I don't know if I am staying around yet.....these boats in Galway might be fun, I haven't gone in to check it out yet, though I think I might be bold on Saturday night and head in for a look

We're not staying up either but might hang around for a bit and see what the craic is.

Tantipie there's gonna be no crossing the line after 5pm. I'll drag ya across it in the 70mins if I have to

Note to self.... put in a call to the Ambulance on duty for graze marks on Tantipie after dragging her!! And maybe the hairdresser for any bald patches that might occur

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Rusty Cogs 08

Heading off to Barcelona in the morning for the rest of the week. Does anyone know of runs in the city centre(ish) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Was there a few months ago and ran from the hotel (top of la ramblas) over through streets to the parklands and sites of the Olympic venue. Lovely running with some views and some stadia to gawk at along the way.
    There looked to be nice running along by the waterside as well but there was a place in the queue for the Familla with my name on it waiting for me so had to cut the run short.
    There's a Decathlon store visible on the left hand sidestreet as you are walking down la Ramblas by the way. Loads of bargains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Booked our flights today to Vegas for my wedding in April 2010. Woohoo!!

that deserves something a bit more than a Whoohoo. We've booked flights to go look at a potential venue for a some time next year for our wedding.... indecisive me? not much :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

that deserves something a bit more than a Whoohoo. We've booked flights to go look at a potential venue for a some time next year for our wedding.... indecisive me? not much :-)

Hey Hunnymonster! What's required for a potential venue? Does there have to be a marathon or swim involved or just some nice rolling countryside with warm weather and nice trails?
    I took in a World Cross Country Championship during my honeymoon. She didn't seem to mind. :)

wat if bally8 and hunnymonster just married each other,,with the recession and all would save ye a fortune:D

• Advertisement

Hey Hunnymonster! What's required for a potential venue? Does there have to be a marathon or swim involved or just some nice rolling countryside with warm weather and nice trails?
    I took in a World Cross Country Championship during my honeymoon. She didn't seem to mind. :)
    He wants Comrades ultramarathon for a honeymoon, I want primal quest..... it's an ongoing negotiation :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

He wants Comrades ultramarathon for a honeymoon, I want primal quest..... it's an ongoing negotiation :-)

We'll just have to wait and see who wears the pants so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Enduro

No loosers there!

But personally, I'd go for PQ :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The wedding and honeymoon is all about the bride. Thus, it's PQ for you two. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Enduro

But the problem with PQ is that you'll be spending your honeymoon in very very very close proximity to 2 other people for 8 or nine days (choose your bestman and chief bridesmaid very very carefully :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

...come on barca, I want to see SAF's face turn to stone...

What, you mean like this :D

Footballers-United-008.jpg

Or more like this?

Footballers-Dejected-Ferg-009.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

That's the one, that's the one! Cheers amadeus. It's not quite as satisfying as when the 'pool turned them over in OT (Rooney and SAF were mouthin off before that game) but has certainly put a smile on my face. I don't think anyone could have lived with barca tonight, wow. I feel half sorry for john o shea cause every paper in uk and ireland had a two page write up on him at some stage during last week, and all because they hang on SAF's every word. Anyway that's the press for ya fickle as hell but johno is a good player.

That's a pretty picture. Cheered me up this morning. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

GD7364553%40Champions-League-Fina-4577.preview.jpg

it's ok, we're still celebrating 08

• Advertisement

GD7364553%40Champions-League-Fina-4577.preview.jpg

it's ok, we're still celebrating 08

And lest we forget you're also WORLD CHAMPIONS :rolleyes:

Advertisement