Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another boy racer/loud exhaust rant..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

My proposal is simple,ban any 'boy racer' brand cars,you never see any normal everyday people driving to work in a glanza/civic/skyline/colt/lancer etc,all these cars should be banned for being ugly,noisey annoying cars driven by 18 year old wannabe scarfaces

• Registered Users Posts: 55,065 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Terry wrote: »
    I have given the solution to this here before.

A neighbour of mine will not tolerate this crap.
    He beckons to the driver of the car and when they pull over, he pulls them out of the car and gives them a talking to.
    No violence at all, but the threat is enough.

Mairt, you're a big bloke. Follow the directions above. Just don't hit anyone.

Conundrum is also correct.

And what happens if he sticks a knife into you?

Your solution sounds good, but in the REAL world, it
    could be quite dangerous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    My proposal is simple,ban any 'boy racer' brand cars,you never see any normal everyday people driving to work in a glanza/civic/skyline/colt/lancer etc,all these cars should be banned for being ugly,noisey annoying cars driven by 18 year old wannabe scarfaces

Ah now thats a silly statement, how car you determine between a boy racer car and a normal car, open your eyes a bit you can modify any car iv'e seen pink ford Ka's with ridicliously load exhausts!

So what your saying is put all BMW's Lexus' merc's ect off the road, ive seen loads of them modified!

look i don't agree with little boys racing around double clutching their civics twin cams ect, but banning cars would do nothing they'd just modify the cars that wern't banned then, i personally think people running about with no tax insurance are more of a nusicence, at least the boy racers will have that.

Im not saying ban Lexus or Mercs,these are cars driven by everyday people,and no boy racer could afford them,Im talking about Civics,Glanzas,Lancers,Colts and similar pieces of sh*t tin can's that are bought Id say 99% of the time by little gick ball boy racers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

mikemac wrote: »
    Surely it'd be simple to pull them off the road.
    All you need to do is stop a boyracer, ring up the insurance company and if it has illegal modifications or legal but undeclared modfications you can seize it for being uninsured.

Sure take a look at www.carzone.ie and you'll sell loads of little 1.0l-1.3l cars and the seller talks about boosting the power.

Get the boyracer in court for driving without insurance and give them 7 days to pay a fine or the car gets crushed.

Where's the flaw in my plan?:D

You actually took them out of the car before crushing it:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

.... You could also add smoke bombs, oil slicks and fireworks to strike surprise and terror into the scum.

:mad:

ROFL.

Find out where they live and in the dead of night when they are tucked up snuggly in their beds and thier preicious piece of sh*t 99 civic parked outside,pour quater of a gallon of salt water,see what kind of noise comes out of the exhaust then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Life's a misery because of it. Someone called the guards to our place last night - ironically they were louder with their sirens and shouting than the ****ing boy-racers... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im not saying ban Lexus or Mercs,these are cars driven by everyday people,and no boy racer could afford them,Im talking about Civics,Glanzas,Lancers,Colts and similar pieces of sh*t tin can's that are bought Id say 99% of the time by little gick ball boy racers
    The only one of those thatd be mainly boy racers would be the Glanza. Civics, lancers and colts are really common normal cars too. Id say 95% of them are just standard. And what the hell is wrong with them anyway. Especially Lancers. Theyve always been reliable and very nice cars.

What do you drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Mairt wrote: »
    I'm being driven fvcking crazy here with them again tonight (Dublin 13 area).

So much so in fact that I'm sleeping at the back of the house to try get some rest.

**** in old Honda Civic's, Mitsubishi's Lancers, Skyline dirt boxes, Glanza's. You name it and the pox bottles are ripping past my house every fvcking night/early morning of the week.

indeed, dont get me wrong these cars Can be cool if their clean, well maintained and in pwo... but jasus... most of them will die thanks to the recession...

with the bad...

comes...

the good...

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Just readin this now,

what sort of jibberish is this, I'd probably be considered a boy Racer or HOON as they call us here in Australia, I currently drive an S class Mercedes, my last car was a 530BMW and the one before that was a 318BMW, I also have a Landcruiser Wagon.

the S Class BTW is the one I was referrin to about fittin an Aftermarket Exhaust and teh tinted Windows, although the cruiser also had T/W but its a diesel

just because YOU couldnt afford a decent car does not give you the right to begrudge others nice things, Oh yeah I forgot, you're in Ireland arent you, that attitude of begrudgery is one of the primary reasons I left years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 zardoxer bent

Just readin this now,

what sort of jibberish is this, I'd probably be considered a boy Racer or HOON as they call us here in Australia, I currently drive an S class Mercedes, my last car was a 530BMW and the one before that was a 318BMW, I also have a Landcruiser Wagon.

the S Class BTW is the one I was referrin to about fittin an Aftermarket Exhaust and teh tinted Windows, although the cruiser also had T/W but its a diesel

just because YOU couldnt afford a decent car does not give you the right to begrudge others nice things, Oh yeah I forgot, you're in Ireland arent you, that attitude of begrudgery is one of the primary reasons I left years ago.
    do you not realise that people get killed here in Ireland because of what these petrol head doughbags get up to?
    .........and...?begrudgery??? what has that to do with anything, these people are very
    potentially cold blooded killers and our approach to this issue is unforgivable.

australian roads are wide, and anyway what would you even crash into over there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

do you not realise that people get killed here in Ireland because of what these petrol head doughbags get up to?
    .........and...?begrudgery??? what has that to do with anything, these people are very
    potentially cold blooded killers and our approach to this issue is unforgivable.

australian roads are wide, and anyway what would you even crash into over there?

People get killed over here by wreckless drivers. Not neccesarily boy racers.
    These people are "potentially cold blooded killers" ? What kind of statement is that?

As for "australian roads are wide, and anyway what would you even crash into over there?" I think it's apparent from that how ignorant you are of the subject..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Up my way it sounds like an F-15 fighter jet coming around the corner and its only just a Nissan Micra with an exhaust the size of chimney

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Do you not realise people get killed in ireland because of what these drinkers do?Christ that nonsense can be put on anything.
    How are they potentially cold blooded killers? Anyone can potentially be a killer and of these "petrol head doughbags"(what the hells a doughbag :confused:) a minority are as reckless as youre tagging them with. As for the cold blooded part theyre not feckin serial killers....well that we know of
    <<_<<
    >>_>>

Congrats on your 1st post and good god its a crap one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I'm being driven fvcking crazy here with them again tonight (Dublin 13 area).

So much so in fact that I'm sleeping at the back of the house to try get some rest.

**** in old Honda Civic's, Mitsubishi's Lancers, Skyline dirt boxes, Glanza's. You name it and the pox bottles are ripping past my house every fvcking night/early morning of the week.

My solution to loud noises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 zardoxer bent

what you wanna fight me or something, I think you have some anger issues? wouldn't you agree, you did'nt get a thing did you?

what you wanna fight me or something, I think you have some anger issues? wouldn't you agree, you did'nt get a thing did you?

Who wants to fight you? lol..

Where are you from anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

Do you not realise people get killed in ireland because of what these drinkers do?Christ that nonsense can be put on anything.
    How are they potentially cold blooded killers? Anyone can potentially be a killer and of these "petrol head doughbags"(what the hells a doughbag :confused:) a minority are as reckless as youre tagging them with. As for the cold blooded part theyre not feckin serial killers....well that we know of
    <<_<<
    >>_>>

Congrats on your 1st post and good god its a crap one :rolleyes:
    drinkers?? now i know people shouldnt drink and drive, but imo anyone with a modicum of cop on will be able to tell you that speed is the underlying factor in the majority of crashes!

these boy racers think their great goin like fuk - id like to hear one of them explain why its necessary to fly round the roads at 100mph? everyone of them speeders should be put of the road!

but really arent they cool in there great cars:rolleyes: double tappin the accelerator and limiting them before they change gear:confused:

ayapatrick wrote: »
    that speed is the underlying factor in the majority of crashes!

No it isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,882 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Loud exhausts come under the category of noise pollution and can only be controlled by the council. In a similar way to a noisy houseparty next door or a barking dog, the cops can't do a thing about it. Stupid system but that's how it is. You may contact your local council and hope they aren't under budgetted enough to care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭sub-x

I think people should give boy racers a bit of a break to be honest,how else are they going to compensate for having a small penis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

drinkers?? now i know people shouldnt drink and drive, but imo anyone with a modicum of cop on will be able to tell you that speed is the underlying factor in the majority of crashes!

really every time theres a crash its to do with speed and not some fvcking idiot not looking where there going ohh that never happens

these boy racers think their great goin like fuk - id like to hear one of them explain why its necessary to fly round the roads at 100mph? everyone of them speeders should be put of the road

well Id like to know why its ok for reps to do it and not ok for boy racers because there as fvcin bad mondeo drivers oh there safe oh yeah never in a hurry... Vw drivers just own the fvckin road...
    really arent they cool in there great cars:rolleyes: double tappin the accelerator and limiting them before they change gear:confused:
    The limiting would be new driver's double tapping acelrator thast a civic thing apprently it sounds cool :eek:but thus knowing a 31 year old who drive wap wap wap civic type R successfully looks like a fvcking Muppet... Think its hilarious tho some of us like to drive cars with power and im talkin 365 bhp ...

and the rest of the time i drive a 1.4 skoda :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

A few months ago, some idiot tore down the road past my house and made a mess of his doughnut at the crossroads, taking half a fence with them. How I laughed as I heard the punctured car tyres going flap flap flap as the crippled wannabe tried to ease his wounded car back up the hill.

to the poster that said speeding is a factor in the majority of crashes, you're statistically wrong..

i don't like boyracers but speeding is the underlying cause of fuk all crashes. dangerous driving is the stuff we all see everyday..

>the notion that a red light in galway means 2 more cars can go.
    >it's now acceptable again to chat on the phone while driving.
    >hungover drivers.
    >etc.

but cause they're driving a citroen and have 2 kids in the back, it's ok to do the above. it's a joke. i'm not a boy racer but it's a fact that age doesn't make you a good driver.. young alert drivers, even in done up cars are still safer than a 40yr old mum in an SUV.

i drive a fair bit every week and rarely do i see a civic or a levin driving dangerously. it's nigerian mothers with 10 kids in the back and no seat belts who scare me.. indicators are a novelty, L plates are standard and roundabouts may aswell be fuking rocket science.

i honestly think nigerian women should not be given a provisional license. they should be made pass the full test before they can have a car.. i don't give a shíte if that's racist but fuking hell, they are way more fuking dangerous that a 12yr old in a supra.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Aw man it's the Rally of the Lakes weekend here in Killarney and the loud annoying cars are just ridiculous. I couldn't sleep last night because of the noises they were making. They're everywhere!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

im going to weld up a lovely 12-14 inch pipe with a whistle...

head out to the mun/finglas and destroy my clutch...

Suck my giant anti boy racer/ricer c...dock

all them kids in their civics/tegs/lancers etc i don't care if the car is good or bad... your a prat for dumping the clutch and red lining through First and first only...

Wolf racer alloys, body kit made of old coca cola bottles, " Pontiac racing " stickers on a Japanese car...

you " modifiers" give the game a Very bad name...

and one last thing...

Modifying a car is making your own parts... not buying shizz off a shelf unless otherwise specified as im sick to DEATH of lads comming upto in Type R civics/integras at the lights, pointing up and reving up, then as i pull away as soon i hit 3rd they go pail in the face and either make a sharpish retreat or demand to see under the hood...

either way lads... ive a short ratio box and new tyres... Thats all... you paid... 8k... for a 200 hp teg... wheres the horses ?? on your farm in the country ??

Idiots.

please note: i don't speed... Ever, the lights are normally comming onto the on-ramp for the motorway.

im making a movement against boy racers in general... i think we should make their life a living hell... blocking them in where ever possible, dont let them out at junctions, driving as slow as possible infront of them.

they're crimes againt cars are not acceptable.

S.I.R wrote: »
    im going to weld up a lovely 12-14 inch pipe with a whistle...

head out to the mun/finglas and destroy my clutch...

Suck my giant anti boy racer/ricer c...dock

all them kids in their civics/tegs/lancers etc i don't care if the car is good or bad... your a prat for dumping the clutch and red lining through First and first only...

Wolf racer alloys, body kit made of old coca cola bottles, " Pontiac racing " stickers on a Japanese car...

you " modifiers" give the game a Very bad name...

and one last thing...

Modifying a car is making your own parts... not buying shizz off a shelf unless otherwise specified as im sick to DEATH of lads comming upto in Type R civics/integras at the lights, pointing up and reving up, then as i pull away as soon i hit 3rd they go pail in the face and either make a sharpish retreat or demand to see under the hood...

either way lads... ive a short ratio box and new tyres... Thats all... you paid... 8k... for a 200 hp teg... wheres the horses ?? on your farm in the country ??

Idiots.

please note: i don't speed... Ever, the lights are normally comming onto the on-ramp for the motorway.

im making a movement against boy racers in general... i think we should make their life a living hell... blocking them in where ever possible, dont let them out at junctions, driving as slow as possible infront of them.

they're crimes againt cars are not acceptable.

There's so so much wrong with that post I don't even know where to begin..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

jonny24ie wrote: »
    A car exhaust that is modified is nowhere near as noisy as an exhaust on a motorbike, does anyone here give out about them at all??
    Oi leave us outta this ha ha. The exhaust on my bike isnt that loud though. Me last bike was really noisy. Last bike was a 600 now I have a 1000 with same kinda exhaust as the 600 but its not as loud :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ads By Google,

Another comment like that and I will ban. You know the rules around here.

Advertisement