Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another boy racer/loud exhaust rant..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

So I decided to dissect your post S.I.R, look forward to the reply..

S.I.R wrote: »
    im going to weld up a lovely 12-14 inch pipe with a whistle...

head out to the mun/finglas and destroy my clutch...

Uh huh, I have no idea what that's meant to be about.
    I assume that's what all boy racers apparently do? According to you anyway?
    Suck my giant anti boy racer/ricer c...dock

What?

all them kids in their civics/tegs/lancers etc i don't care if the car is good or bad... your a prat for dumping the clutch and red lining through First and first only...

Eh, aren't you barely old enough to drive? Not sure who you're calling a kid.
    Oh yes, they all do that too! :rolleyes:

Wolf racer alloys, body kit made of old coca cola bottles, " Pontiac racing " stickers on a Japanese car...

Why does cheap alloys = a boyracer car?
    The bodykits might be poorly made but..jesus.
    Never seen anything like that, any pictures there?

you " modifiers" give the game a Very bad name...

Sorry, what game?
    If you're talking about modifying cars then everyone fits into the same category there, Those that drive wrecklessly exist driving every kind of car. Not just modified cars.
    Modifying a car is making your own parts... not buying shizz off a shelf unless otherwise specified

Making your own parts?
    Are you serious? I've NEVER heard of someone making their own parts, that's just bloody ridiculous.
    im sick to DEATH of lads comming upto in Type R civics/integras at the lights, pointing up and reving up, then as i pull away as soon i hit 3rd they go pail in the face and either make a sharpish retreat or demand to see under the hood...

That's never happened has it? :rolleyes:
    either way lads... ive a short ratio box and new tyres... Thats all... you paid... 8k... for a 200 hp teg...

No, no you don't.
    In fact, I'm quite sure you don't even drive.
    If you do, all it is is a normal 106.
    Looking at your past posts indicates this quite clearly. There's not a hope you keep up with any type R civic or integra. I don't care what kind of a gearbox you have.

you paid... 8k... for a 200 hp teg... wheres the horses ?? on your farm in the country ??

What a stupid stupid comment. I can't even think of anything to say to you..

Idiots.

You're not exactly making the best case for yourself here!
    please note: i don't speed... Ever, the lights are normally comming onto the on-ramp for the motorway.

Yeah, surely.
    Do you ever think anyone is going to believe you?
    im making a movement against boy racers in general... i think we should make their life a living hell... blocking them in where ever possible, dont let them out at junctions, driving as slow as possible infront of them.

So basically your plan is to drive dangerously?
    Hmm..and the boy racers are the problem?

they're crimes againt cars are not acceptable.

....yeah. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I never have problems with boy racers. Ya have the usual who try to race me on the bike. I always find that funny though cos none of the stand a chance.

seanybiker wrote: »
    I never have problems with boy racers. Ya have the usual who try to race me on the bike. I always find that funny though cos none of the stand a chance.

Someday you'll come up against a bugatti veyron and they'll show ya :p

Rabies wrote: »
    Ads By Google,

Another comment like that and I will ban. You know the rules around here.

i don't even remember posting that and it must have taken me forever to type it up so articulated...

i'd stand by everything i said though outside the rules of after hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

I'm in Dublin 13 aswell myself mairt, and yeah, there were one or two lads absolutely bombing it up and down verbena avenue.Tools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

SV wrote: »

What?

Sorry, what game?
    If you're talking about modifying cars then everyone fits into the same category there, Those that drive wrecklessly exist driving every kind of car. Not just modified cars.

Making your own parts?
    Are you serious? I've NEVER heard of someone making their own parts, that's just bloody ridiculous.

No, no you don't.
    Looking at your past posts indicates this quite clearly. There's not a hope you keep up with any type R civic or integra. I don't care what kind of a gearbox you have.

Yeah, surely.

well said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 zardoxer bent

:D

What?

Sorry, what game?

Making your own parts?

No, no you don't.

Yeah, surely.

Do you not realise people get killed in ireland because of what these drinkers do?Christ that nonsense can be put on anything.
    How are they potentially cold blooded killers? Anyone can potentially be a killer and of these "petrol head doughbags"(what the hells a doughbag :confused:) a minority are as reckless as youre tagging them with. As for the cold blooded part theyre not feckin serial killers....well that we know of
    <<_<<
    >>_>>

Congrats on your 1st post and good god its a crap one :rolleyes:
    ill bet daddy bought you're car for you????:p:p:p:p

Do you not realise people get killed in ireland because of what these drinkers do?Christ that nonsense can be put on anything.
    How are they potentially cold blooded killers? Anyone can potentially be a killer and of these "petrol head doughbags"(what the hells a doughbag :confused:) a minority are as reckless as youre tagging them with. As for the cold blooded part theyre not feckin serial killers....well that we know of
    <<_<<
    >>_>>

Congrats on your 1st post and good god its a crap one :rolleyes:
    bet you're one of these provisional license holders, whos done his test 6 times and still managed to fail it ha ha ha loser, I'm a truck driver from germany since you asked homo:D:D and no more using the lords name in vain blasphemer he died for you're sins ya fag enabler

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

zardoxer banned for personal abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

We had the same boy-racer problem here a year or so back. People were getting really pissed off about it so it was brought up at a resident meeting. A local cllr. met with a group of youths and they came to an agreement that they could hold legal 'cruises' in a car park in the village twice a month. Since that, the problem isn't near as bad.

Don't know how something like that would work in Dublin though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

and no more using the lords name in vain blasphemer he died for you're sins ya fag enabler

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I'm a truck driver from germany since you asked homo:D:D
    ya fag enabler

All this from a guy who's surname is bent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Yeah, Killarney was fun this weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ill bet daddy bought you're car for you????:p:p:p:p
    bet you're one of these provisional license holders, whos done his test 6 times and still managed to fail it ha ha ha loser, I'm a truck driver from germany since you asked homo:D:D and no more using the lords name in vain blasphemer he died for you're sins ya fag enabler
    Productive few posts there. And nope he didnt :)
    javaboy wrote: »
    zardoxer banned for personal abuse.
    Awww already.I wanted to hear what other crap he could come out with :cool:

and as usual S.I.R doesn't reply after coming out with a load of shíte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

One thing i never understood about boy racers is the cars they drive, Loud noticeable cars. The kinda cars that will be singled out by the law.

If anybody wants to know properly how to race, put a taxi plate on your car about 2.30 on a saturday night, make your way towards town.

This sorts the men from the boys.

Volvoboy wrote: »
    If anybody wants to know properly how to race, put a taxi plate on your car about 2.30 on a saturday night, make your way towards town.

It's true, Dublin's underground, illegal TAXI-Racing is awesome.
    I think it's going to be the basis for the next Fast & Furious movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,866 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The_Coon wrote: »
    Slow & Mildly Bothered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

The_Coon wrote: »

Ah a sore looser :p

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Slow & Mildly Bothered?

Hey, you're supposed to attack the poster not the post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Yeah I can see in influx of bugatti veyrons in Ireland soon. Damn hippies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Usually the thing with these boy racers is that they have sh*te cars done up. The fact many of them cant drive correctly is another matter. I was on a tight road a few days ago this galanza took the p&&s when I went to overtake him when the road widened out he put the foot down. Really annoying then back to bendy corners at 80km/hr

Places like Kilarney and Sligo when rallies are on can be quite annoying. I cant see the point in driving up and down town all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Just readin this now,

what sort of jibberish is this, I'd probably be considered a boy Racer or HOON as they call us here in Australia, I currently drive an S class Mercedes, my last car was a 530BMW and the one before that was a 318BMW, I also have a Landcruiser Wagon.

the S Class BTW is the one I was referrin to about fittin an Aftermarket Exhaust and teh tinted Windows, although the cruiser also had T/W but its a diesel

just because YOU couldnt afford a decent car does not give you the right to begrudge others nice things, Oh yeah I forgot, you're in Ireland arent you, that attitude of begrudgery is one of the primary reasons I left years ago.

Wonderful. So just because people cant afford choose not to waste money on a large exhaust (to compensate for their other short comings....) it's begrudgery?.

Enjoy making vroom vroom noises and pissing off the ozzies. I hope you are, because we dont want people with your mindset keeping us up at night and speeding through irish city streets.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Yeah I can see in influx of bugatti veyrons in Ireland soon. Damn hippies.

I can imagine it would be hard to get it out of second gear in our roads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭jochenstacker

If you live in Dublin (and I have), you will get drunken ars*holes singing and shouting at the top of their voices at 3-4 am, cars racing, sirens, buses with ear splitting exhausts (louder than ANY boyracer), alarms, traffic, etc...
    If you're expecting peace and quiet you're in the wrong place.
    You can get windows that filter out 90% of the noise, in Germany we lived 2 meter beside a main road with 40 ton artic lorries thundering past, you couldn't hear yourself scream in the house.
    After fitting the windows, the only way you'd know a truck is driving past was by the vibration ;-)
    Or move to the country, the only noise I have to put up with is sheep and cows.
    Bliss!
    But getting upset at the noise will only achieve one thing: an early grave!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    Im not saying ban Lexus or Mercs,these are cars driven by everyday people,and no boy racer could afford them,Im talking about Civics,Glanzas,Lancers,Colts and similar pieces of sh*t tin can's that are bought Id say 99% of the time by little gick ball boy racers

Friend of mine whose 21 is driving a Golf MkI and a '99 BMW 3 series. The Golf is done up with the loud exhaust, tinted windows etc. and the BMW could be called "done up" too but minus a loud exhaust. He'd be in the boy racer category, and he can afford the a BMW. Banning certain cars is clearly not a solution; it'd put so many people off the road (regardless of the boy racers).

Also "Civics,Glanzas (Starlet),Lancers,Colts" are all decent, reliable cars. Some of them look pretty decent when they're all kitted out IMO. I do hate the loud exhausts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Or you could drop 20k on a Hayabusa with a turbocharger and modified gearing producing 500bhp on a 120 kilo frame and put them to shame.

Rather than the couple of million that the Veyron costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

tech2 wrote: »
    I can imagine it would be hard to get it out of second gear in our roads.

I can imagine that you dont know some of the road we have in this country for attempting such speeds

Seany B waterford dungarvin after kill mac im shore he know's it well :D:pac:

• Advertisement

I can imagine that you dont know some of the road we have in this country for attempting such speeds

Seany B waterford dungarvin after kill mac im shore he know's it well :D:pac:

Ive covered nearly every national primary and seconadary route in the country. You would be struggling to get it anywhere near 3rd or 4th even on the Naas Road.

Advertisement