Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 thestig06

if anyone wants to compare notes or exchange info feel free to e mail me thestig06@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

thestig06 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, due to my background check being sent to the wrong station my application was delayed and i missed the feb intake in templemore. from reading the posts the next intake is 18th april?? can anyone else confirm that, also do they write to you for the medical or is it by e mail.??Thanks,:D

Hi Mate you are correct the next intake is indeed the 18th April just got a phone call to day to say my medical is on the 10th March so fingers crossed i get thru this i will be down the 18th April Myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭KIERAN61

pat1187 wrote: »
    Like Munster 4568 I too was one of the lucky ones who only had to wait three months.

Hey baton charge, get measured for the new uniform yet?

Yeah we got measured up in January I believe we won't see them though until mid June. Not a massive departure from the old uniform except a little bit longer.I can imagine a lot of sweating in the new Hi viz jacket though.We even got fitted for that long ceremonial guard coat too but the guy who did the fitting says there has not been a decision as to if they will be issued.
    Hope all is well with you Pat.

Hi ,

Does anyone know how you get your date for the medical??

Is it a call or E mail??

Thanks..:D

Hi ,

Does anyone know how you get your date for the medical??

Is it a call or E mail??

Thanks..:D

I got a call first then an email from them to confirm as well hope this helps ;)

• Advertisement

:Dthanks Zonealarm...i'm waiting for my medical, everything else is passed and ok..... yet another waiting game...

:Dthanks Zonealarm...i'm waiting for my medical, everything else is passed and ok..... yet another waiting game...

Yes thats all we all have to do it does come in the end depending on all the other checks first best of luck now with it ;)

Anybody going for their medical on Tuesday :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sf94

TheNog wrote: »
    If I had some dealings with you in the past then I would have no problem giving a reference for those dealings only. If you were a person I ahd never met before then no I wouldnt. Sorry if thats not what you want to hear but hey sure you probably dont live in my district and even if you did get your form into the station quick cos Im on leave!!! :D

Thanks Nog....I think I'll just say that I dont know any members.

Well got to do my Medical yesterday got it passed apart from a referral from the dentist.

Got that done yesterday and left it in today to get it sorted

Does anyone know what the next step is as they told me that if i passed the Medical i would be on the next intake in April 18/19

How do they let you know if its a cert by phone email or is it just a waiting game again

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭jick the rapper

Two questions:

1) Ive gotten the go ahead from the inspector after the interview, whats the next step?

2) Re: the medical, whats involved? specifically, what emphasis is but on the bmi?

im fit from hurling, bout 5ft 10, 14 stone!
    i carry some excess fat from drinkin though, how concerned should i be?

happy tuesday everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sf94

Two questions:

1) Ive gotten the go ahead from the inspector after the interview, whats the next step?

2) Re: the medical, whats involved? specifically, what emphasis is but on the bmi?

im fit from hurling, bout 5ft 10, 14 stone!
    i carry some excess fat from drinkin though, how concerned should i be?

happy tuesday everyone!

Hi Jick,

With regards your questions, I believe (but am open to corrrection) your next stage is to wait until you are security cleared and then you get called for the medical (or sometimes you can get called for the medical before cleared).......either way I think its all about playing the waiting game!! With regards the BMI I read somewhere (probably on here) that it just has to be below 30 and yours looks like it would be around 28 so you should be ok

Now I'm a step behind you in the process myself....meeting the local sergeant in the next few days and I have a quick question.....I have looked back over these pages and I haven't seen too much info on what is involved in the sergeant & inspector interviews other than to say they are pretty informal......would you (or anyone :)) be able to give me an idea of the types of things that both the Sergeant and the Inspector asked you?

Thanks,
    sf

the meeting is very short asks you the same questions that you have put on the forms well pretty similar anyway you will be there for about 20 mins could be less

And just to let people that dont already know the April intake for the reserves has been postponed to a date to be announced thats all i got today :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭glhoran121

:Dhow soon after filling out the form on public jobs is it till you hear some responce ????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

glhoran121 wrote: »
    :Dhow soon after filling out the form on public jobs is it till you hear some responce ????????

It varies

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Hacknabush

I waited just over two years, but that was in the earlier days of the Reserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I was just talking to a old lecturer from Templemore who reckons that the Reserves is the way to go in the future. With this moratorium in the full-time in effect now, I'd say she was right and that people with reserve experience will be looked upon more favourably when applying for the full-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

It varies
    Hacknabush wrote: »
    I waited just over two years, but that was in the earlier days of the Reserve.

It does vary on when they have enough candidates in the different regions to hold interviews. Some people seem to be waiting a few weeks, while more wait for months.

I signed up for the reserves last year but passed over my initial call for the interview as I didn't feel the time was right for me. I was waiting 6months at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭glhoran121

has anybody appliedd for the reserves in the past few weeks in the north west of ireland ie sligo if ye did let me know how ye got on ????:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭innercitydub1

Finaly got a call back about my file a year and a half waiting is over

going for my medical in a few weeks time

cant wait thrilled with the news

anybody else get a call for the next garda reserve intake ?????????????

if so anybody driving down from dublin???

• Advertisement

when is your medical due as the next intake to Templemore is on the 18th April so if your medical is not before this you may miss this intake ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭innercitydub1

Hey zone alarm

Yep medical is for the 16th of april so i will be going down for the 18th if everything is ok

are you going down yourself for that date

• Registered Users Posts: 9,604 ✭✭✭billyhead

If you mean you sat the interview in February of this year i doubt it will be April 18th by the time youstart training. I also sat and passed the interview and test in February and send back the BR form aswell as having had the Sergeant interview. I am presuming it will be months before I hear anything about a medical and the Supers interview

Hey zone alarm

Yep medical is for the 16th of april so i will be going down for the 18th if everything is ok

are you going down yourself for that date

yes mate i am going down on the 17th of April staying in the collage the night before for the start of the training at 9am on the 18 / 19th of April dont want to be driving down early in that morning fresh start is think would be better

Don't check your teeth for the Reserve, they only do that for the full time med (sometimes).

Yes they do i had to get a referral from my dentist after doing the medical in the garda hq but all was sorted the following week and got the all clear ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Story1970

ZoneAlarm wrote: »
    Yes they do i had to get a referral from my dentist after doing the medical in the garda hq but all was sorted the following week and got the all clear ;)

Just curious my teeth are fine however could do with some dental work , is this a fail at the medical ? :eek:

Story1970 wrote: »
    Just curious my teeth are fine however could do with some dental work , is this a fail at the medical ? :eek:

I am not sure to be honest all i know was when the doc looked at mine she just said they wanted a letter from my dentist with regard to the work i had done and what work needed to be done and any that might be needed in the future

But as i got the letter and it cleared all the points up for the doctor i was passed medically fit i don't know what would have happened if it had have went the other way i could not understand what your teeth had to do with anything to be honest :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

ok i applied on line the other day for this. when should i hear back and what is the first step ect.???

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

KIERAN61 wrote: »
    Hope ye used real butter?

nah, that's for real Guards

virtual butter for the Reserves:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 wetgarden

Just wondering, does anyone know what the story is with Garda Reserve training for the year ahead? With all the cutbacks and no further promotions or recruitment within the fulltime Garda, does this mean that recruitment for the reserve will be effected?

I know its voluntary but obviously personnel will have to be paid to train the Reserves so I'm wondering will Reserve recruitment be effected.

Any comments. Thanks :D

Advertisement