Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭KIERAN61

It all works in diffrent way jack the ripper

Too the best of my knowlege the fella you had the interview with will pass on his recomdations Garda HR [ the people that handle your file]

And when all sercurity checks are done your complted file will be passed onto the commisoner who will give the final yes or no

After this you will be contacted about the medical

Hope this helps

could be diffrent for yourself

This is how my application took place
    I received notification of Medical within 10 minutes of submitting completed GR2 form with a choice of dates.But that was in old gods time so it maybe different now

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭gailgo

o its different now alright, i had a reserve say to me just before i joined up to apply that there is a hugh shortage of reserves at the moment and they are crying out for people so does any one know is that true:D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭jick the rapper

im thrown now, do i have to fill out a form , having done my interviews, for the medical?

gailgo wrote: »
    o its different now alright, i had a reserve say to me just before i joined up to apply that there is a hugh shortage of reserves at the moment and they are crying out for people so does any one know is that true:D:p

As the saying goes many are called but few are chosen.Lots of people who apply never make it to the end for whatever reason.I think 1 in 14 is the ratio but I stand corrected on that one.We who have made it through have been told to give ourselves a clap on the back because it can be a long process.

thanks kieran what stage are you at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Abed

hey abed best of luck let us know how it goes i would be very interested to know how it goes

Cheers Gailgo. will have to bring my daughter to playschool and then right to Garda station. will let people know.

does anyone out there know, on the publicjobs page when you look at your application and the status says submitted and the due date says 20/10/2010 what does that mean:eek:

About two years done now.

KIERAN61 wrote: »
    i would really like to be at that stage :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭paulbolg

KIERAN61 wrote: »

kieran61 what is phase one about what is done in templemore??? and how soon did ya start phase 2 after 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 supadude

yes you have to do a physical test

supadude wrote: »
    yes you have to do a physical test
    a physical test for what

Abed wrote: »
    Cheers Gailgo. will have to bring my daughter to playschool and then right to Garda station. will let people know.
    you must be back by now , how did it go :o:mad:

paulbolg wrote: »
    kieran61 what is phase one about what is done in templemore??? and how soon did ya start phase 2 after 1

From memory there are some introductory lectures on Basic Human rights etc.You will be doing some self defence and a small amount of role play.You will also be fitted for your uniform which you will receive in Phase 3.All in all it was very enjoyable and good craic. As for Phase 2 that starts very soon after. You will make contact with your training sergeant and he or she will provide you with Class times for legal studies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

i asked today about where i was likely to be stationed if i got in the reserves. was told i would tralee, but when i have finished training could do station duties in my local station witch is in a small town. wish there was some one who cold clarify whats the official position on this. not that it really matters where your put once its close to home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

dkhill47 wrote: »
    i asked today about where i was likely to be stationed if i got in the reserves. was told i would tralee, but when i have finished training could do station duties in my local station witch is in a small town. wish there was some one who cold clarify whats the official position on this. not that it really matters where your put once its close to home :)

"location: the kingdom, where else" ... like it :D

I think it will depend of which station needs more resources each week. If having a reserve in your home-station would release a full-time member to a district HQ for some time, maybe that's what will be done :confused: - My home-station in particular seems to be getting a big hitting with retirements from what I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

I applied online in early march and got email back last week asking me to fill in the initial application form. On the email they named 10 dates between now and the end of June for holding interviews, there have been a few already at the start of April. Getting my application off in the post on Monday so hopefully will hear soon re what date.

Quick question re them saying they need origninals of qualifications vs photo-copies, have original LC and undergrad qualifications but one Masters only have photocopy and second one graduation not until July, hopefully they wont be sticky on it...? I would hope with LC, undergrad and two Masters they wouldnt give me grief over meeting the educational requirements.....but who knows...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sf94

Spartan09 wrote: »

Quick question re them saying they need origninals of qualifications vs photo-copies, have original LC and undergrad qualifications but one Masters only have photocopy and second one graduation not until July, hopefully they wont be sticky on it...? I would hope with LC, undergrad and two Masters they wouldnt give me grief over meeting the educational requirements.....but who knows...

Hey Spartan, Im pretty sure its only your LC qualification that is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

sf94 wrote: »
    Hey Spartan, Im pretty sure its only your LC qualification that is required.

Hey thanks for the prompt reply, thats one less thing for me to be concerned about, roll on the interviews so!!

Generally on average how long of a wait is there between the phases? Is it a case of finish one phase and the following week then you're onto the next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭freddiew

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Generally on average how long of a wait is there between the phases? Is it a case of finish one phase and the following week then you're onto the next?

Yes after Phase 1 you will be told before you leave Templemore to contact your training Serg. wherever you will be doing your Legal Studies which is Phase 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

just got a letter today to say that im through to the next stage following the interview and report writing exercise

anyone any idea how long this takes?

the BR form really leave sno stone unturned ! :L

i notice you dont get a uniform until phase 3, does that mean phase 2 is done in a class room and not a station?

Scouser wrote: »
    just got a letter today to say that im through to the next stage following the interview and report writing exercise

anyone any idea how long this takes?

the BR form really leave sno stone unturned ! :L

i notice you dont get a uniform until phase 3, does that mean phase 2 is done in a class room and not a station?

it all depends really. the next stage is meeting your garda sgt at your local station followed by meeting the superintendent and your garda clearance is done. you dont get a uniform until you go to templemore Garda College at start of phase 3. you will ONLY get measured in phase one. phase 2 is done at either a garda station or in a garda training centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Jackeenboy

Doughnuts...........

Jackeenboy wrote: »
    Doughnuts...........

great contribution ... well done :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭DavidH82

Doughnuts...........

I think you're generalising about American cops there my friend. I'm yet to see a garda with doughnuts, a snackbox maybe, but never doughnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Doughnuts...........

yes a most insightful but yet original concept.

Beautifully thought out and well executed

I look forward to the next installment in your story. So much so I might even reward you with an infraction. Prizes get bigger the more you win.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 THE PIPER

Doughnuts...........
    Well arent you the funny man:rolleyes:

kerry4sam wrote: »
    great contribution ... well done :rolleyes:
    Thanks

• Advertisement

TheNog wrote: »
    yes a most insightful but yet original concept.

Beautifully thought out and well executed

I look forward to the next installment in your story. So much so I might even reward you with an infraction. Prizes get bigger the more you win.
    Whats an infraction? Did I win some prize?

Advertisement