Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2009 Boards.ie Draft (Discussion and Reaction)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Yes, each round a random draw will take place to determine the draft order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

thats good

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

SlickRic wrote: »
    ugh, 12.

it may be time to implement plans B, C or D.

just be happy its not no 20 or say no 19 :( thats why ive put no prior thought into this and wont till about pick 15 as all my top picks will be gone, there will be no Rock, Hogan, SCSA, Bret or whoever on my roster this time it seems.

id like to take this opportunity to make a suggestion :D

maybe we could have a draw after every 2 rounds and the 2nd rd of draft picks could be the reverse of the first. It would keep the ooo what number do i get next element but keep it so that everyone has an equal opportunity for a good roster i.e no. 20 in rd one gets no.1 in rd two or no.1 in rd one gets no.20 in rd two. it would also mean a quicker turn around between rounds as those who just finished the rd of picks will be ready to kickstart the next round maybe still being online from the previous pick and can even plan double picks.

just an idea which yes obviously now seems more appealing to no.19 in the draft :p

maybe we could have a draw after every 2 rounds and the 2nd rd of draft picks could be the reverse of the first. It would keep the ooo what number do i get next element but keep it so that everyone has an equal opportunity for a good roster i.e no. 20 in rd one gets no.1 in rd two or no.1 in rd one gets no.20 in rd two. it would also mean a quicker turn around between rounds as those who just finished the rd of picks will be ready to kickstart the next round maybe still being online from the previous pick and can even plan double picks.

just an idea which yes obviously now seems more appealing to no.19 in the draft :p

I'm going to let MNG decide this one as he is in charge of the draws, I'd assume it would make life easier on him as there would be less draws to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Minto wrote: »
    I'm going to let MNG decide this one as he is in charge of the draws, I'd assume it would make life easier on him as there would be less draws to do.

I liked the random element of the wrestling draft more than the formulaic one of the football draft (which utilised the reverse plan) but I'm very bias ATM

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I liked the random element of the wrestling draft more than the formulaic one of the football draft (which utilised the reverse plan) but I'm very bias ATM

i did like that last time, but wed still have that every second time and nobody would get screwed in the draw this way. Im also very biased atm and will admit so but id hate for someone to get drawn in the bottom half every time and thats possible.

People will surprise you though I remember last year Hogan atleast argueably one of the top 3 names in Pro Wrestling ever wasnt chosen till I think no.13 when even though he aint my fav i took him cos well he was by far the biggest name left. Some will want their faves, some will want a roster full of those good on the mic, some will want to recreate former feuds and only pick wrestlers that had rivalries for their rosters, it wont just be 1-20 drafted i the order you expect.

^^ my point has just been proved by Bubs picking hogan as the no.1 draft pick while last year i pick him up at no.13

^^ my point has just been proved by Bubs picking hogan as the no.1 draft pick while last year i pick him up at no.13

I was going to pick Hogan first last year. I remember being so amazed as everybody passed over him and then it got to like number 10 and I realized that I'd probable get him. Was number 14. The drop from Hogan to Savage was so big

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I was going to pick Hogan first last year. I remember being so amazed as everybody passed over him and then it got to like number 10 and I realized that I'd probable get him. Was number 14. The drop from Hogan to Savage was so big

I know i remember having no plans for hogan last year after getting no.13 but then it got to me and :eek: he hadnt been picked, sorry to have ruined your plans if you were still waiting for him but thats the draft baby :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,178 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

nice pick Bubs. surprised me for some reason but it really shouldn't have. the numbers don't lie, he's as reliable a marquee name as you'll get. i have a feeling this draft will slowly kill me as i watch the 'could haves' go by.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I have 2 picks in my head so ye better not take them!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I was actually right about to pick someone else before I realised that I'd forgotten about Austin. I think the situation that I was in last time where I had to think outside the box a little for my first pick carried over :pac:

I don't know if it's a rule or not, but I don't intend to pick anyone who I had last time. Half of them are probably ineligible anyway

Fozzy wrote: »
    I don't know if it's a rule or not, but I don't intend to pick anyone who I had last time. Half of them are probably ineligible anyway

It's not really a rule, it's more of a suggestion. I'm not really planning on picking anyone I had before, but in the later rounds, especially since there are 5 more this time around, it may be your only choice, hence why it's not an actual rule! Nice pick with Austin btw, I really wanted him for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

20!!!!! CONSARN IT!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

jayhaitch2 wrote: »
    20!!!!! CONSARN IT!!!!

If you're lucky, Matt Hardy will still be around! Mwahahah

Think jericho's going a little early. If you're looking for someone who can be a heel and a face there are a few better options left IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

can i ask a quick question on the storylines part?

can you choose about wrestlers face/heel orientation?

can i ask a quick question on the storylines part?

I'm pretty sure the way it works is you can pick whichever you want. For example, I could have Hollywood or red and yellow. But if you decide to make for example, Ricky Steamboat a heel you won't get anywhere. Minto and MNG will clarify it actually as I'm not sure, just guessing

Yea, it's up to you how you choose to have them.

it doesnt matter at all? thats cool. cheers boss.

• Advertisement

it doesnt matter

Very apt words, considering MNG's draft pick, LOL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

2 picks before me ... and rightly or wrongly I have two specific wrestlers in mind .... tender hooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,178 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's already so frustrating waiting :P

after some thought, my reaction to getting 12 was a bit exaggerated. i'm confident i'll get one of the names on my shortlist (which is long enough). and whichever one I get, i'm happy that I can build a solid card around them.

Y2J's the only real surprise so far, but it's still a solid enough pick, just not a first '3 or 4' pick imo. but it's all about the package as a whole at the end. a multitude of solid, interesting feuds can definitely be built around a guy as versatile as Y2J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The no one who debuted pre-1975 rule is actually going to make this way more challenging.

Actually to claify does that rule mean the wrestler's actuial in-ring debut, or theur debut in a major promotion? Setting this in stone now could avoid lots of hassle later.

Also I'm embarrassed to ask could someone post exactly how to post a picture on boards?:o

the pics url

flahavaj wrote: »
    Actually to claify does that rule mean the wrestler's actuial in-ring debut, or theur debut in a major promotion? Setting this in stone now could avoid lots of hassle later./QUOTE]

I thought I'd posted this earlier, but maybe I didn't. It refers to their actual in-ring debut. We're using wikipedia as the source, so if wiki says he/she debuted before 1975, they are out!

ahhh!! hate the wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Quick question:

Do we have to have rivalries set up as were going along?

also, is Mr. O ready or can i make my choice now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Quick question:

The last time we did all that after we made all of our picks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Quick question:

No you don't have to determine that yet. At this point you really just have to cross your fingers that the top picks you want remain unselected.
    also, is Mr. O ready or can i make my choice now?

orestes has a good bit of time yet. Not long left for ya though. ;)

Advertisement