Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scotland v Ireland (pre/during/post thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 feelinfoul

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=32873&part=sports

here you go jeuv...,hope this works for you,really like yor opinions(very educated imo)
    i personally think ferris should have been rested instead of jamie heaslip,tomorrows' game would suit jamie better,he's excellent in the open,as good if not better than the french #8 hardiniq...
    tomorrows game is going to be tight for 35-40 mins the ire will cut loose,if rog is on form i predict ireland by 15-20 pts,it annoys me here at home listening to the experts on the sports radio stations saying its going to be tight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

juvenal wrote: »
    Jim Hamilton and Jason White are selected at 4 and 5 respectively, with Nathan Hines and Nick De Luca on the bench as cover.

Perhaps a mod can throw that into the OP as the editing feature is disabled after 48 hours I think.

Lads, I'll also need a good stream for this match (and the Italy-Wales match if it's going!). You can PM me or post if you've any links please. As it's $20 per person to go out for Setanta PPV here and the bar is on the far side of town, we're saving ourselves for next week!

Any help is appreicated.:)

Nick De Luca providing cover for the second row? Surely not

In truth its an area Ireland should dominate. We'll get a good return from challenging their jumpers in the lineout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭sm.org

juvenal wrote: »
    Jim Hamilton and Jason White are selected at 4 and 5 respectively, with Nathan Hines and Nick De Luca on the bench as cover.

Perhaps a mod can throw that into the OP as the editing feature is disabled after 48 hours I think.

Lads, I'll also need a good stream for this match (and the Italy-Wales match if it's going!). You can PM me or post if you've any links please. As it's $20 per person to go out for Setanta PPV here and the bar is on the far side of town, we're saving ourselves for next week!

Any help is appreicated.:)

Jeez I'd pay $200 just not to have to watch the game on a crappy net link. Is that Oz dollars your talking about you cheap fecker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Conor_8

Cullen will get his chance for at least a bench spot when he stays fit and gets a good run. Casey was unlucky that Eddie never considered him. Let's not forget the English Premiership is the most over-rated (by the English at least) competition in world rugby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Conor_8 wrote: »
    Cullen will get his chance for at least a bench spot when he stays fit and gets a good run. Casey was unlucky that Eddie never considered him. Let's not forget the English Premiership is the most over-rated (by the English at least) competition in world rugby!

:rolleyes: Spare us.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Only got round to seeing the team sheet now
    Just noticed that Heaslip and O'Leary are dropped. And Paddy Wallce.

No surprises with Wallace and O'Leary has been O.K but Heaslip?

Thought he's been one of our best players.

And Leamy? You might as well give the opposition a 9 point head start with the penalities he gives away.

Gotta be some Munster favourtism going on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

jayteecork wrote: »

:eek: Stop the lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

jayteecork wrote: »
    Only got round to seeing the team sheet now
    Just noticed that Heaslip and O'Leary are dropped. And Paddy Wallce.

No surprises with Wallace and O'Leary has been O.K but Heaslip?

Thought he's been one of our best players.

And Leamy? You might as well give the opposition a 9 point head start with the penalities he gives away.

Yes, that can be the only way to explain Jerry Flannery being dropped and Keith Earls still not being in the squad.

Has it occured to you that Kidney is just trying to strengthen our bench before the Wales game? There isn't a hope in hell Flannery and Heaslip won't be playing against the Welsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

back on topic please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

corny wrote: »
    Nick De Luca providing cover for the second row? Surely not

In truth its an area Ireland should dominate. We'll get a good return from challenging their jumpers in the lineout.

:D If you saw the original selection, there were two spots on the bench to be confirmed. One lock and one for the backline.;)
    sm.org wrote: »
    Jeez I'd pay $200 just not to have to watch the game on a crappy net link. Is that Oz dollars your talking about you cheap fecker?

Oi oi oi! No it's Canadian dollars actually (worth about as much as Oz dollars!). Out of work at the moment, so trying to be financially responsible!;)

That, and I expect Ireland to win, and if we don't, we don't deserve to be in the reckoning for the Championship IMO. I'll save my $40 for next Saturday.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I've created a thread here for all match stream links and requests to be posted. I'd like to keep the match threads free of all these requests (and subsequent moaning about poor quality etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭cooperla

Scary start!

Midfield defence looks dodgy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

morrison at 12 has broke the line 3 times out of 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭cooperla

3-0 Scotland. Can't expect anything else when you give Paterson a kick at goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

pitch in an awful state

Have to settle for Michael Corcoran and Donal Lenihan on RTÉ Radio it looks like.

O'Gara penalty: Scotland 3 Ireland 3.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,146 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Good to see O Gara start off a bit better today with the kicking.

• Advertisement

Leamy is being done in by the Scottish.

Sorry someone remind the lads that in Union scrums are supposed to be contested and that you do indeed push.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Absolute tosh from Ireland in the first twenty mins, coupled with poor discipline, this could be a long evening.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,146 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Bout time something went our way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Congrats to ROG hightest 6 nations point scorer

Heaslip on for Leamy - shoulder injury?

• Advertisement

Leamy off good call wasn't offering anything. Heaslip has to now offer something more then heads down rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Vinegar Hill

What is the score? if any

What is the score? if any

9-6 to Scotland but might change now, Scotland shot at goal.

Goes over 12-6 to Scotland.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

9-6 SCotland, about to be 12-6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Scotland 12-6 Ireland (might get 3 back in a moment)

• Advertisement

12-9

Another chance for ROG to bring it back to a three-point gap. Sounds like an easy chance outside the 22m line, which he's got. 3/3 from O'Gara, and 4/4 from Patterson.

Scotland 12 Ireland 9.

Ahh he deserved a try there, awful kick by Kearney and ROG gets burnt.

cracking tackle by Bowe

Great counter by the Scottish.

omg.. kearneys the man, but with kicks like that he's running out into no mans land..

LUCKY!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

nooooo waay too close..... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Great game.... if you're Scottish that is...we'll be lucky to get out of this one with a win..

Relieved to be only 3 behind at the half

Id worry for ourselves. Scotland playing alot faster and flatter, they are completely dominating the breakdown area, Barkley having one of those days for Scotland. Needs to be picked up in the next half if we want to win this!

• Advertisement

Decent enough end to the half, lets start the way we left it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Great last man tackle by BOD

Phew, could be going into the half 9 points down there, great covering by Bowe and BOD?

Good sustained phases of play there, Darcy just couldn't get the ball out to BOD in time at the end. This is going to be very close, needs something just to open it up slightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Some of the forward pass decisions by Kaplan have been infuriating. We need to start putting consecutive phases together in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Aidric wrote: »
    Some of the forward pass decisions by Kaplan have been infuriating. We need to start putting consecutive phases together in the second half.

Nah, not the ref...same old story, business end of the tournament, the pressure and expectation comes on, we go into ourselves and the cracks start to appear....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Its a small margin to be trailing behind at half time, could be worse, we can turn this around, as long as they keep up that tempo they left the first half with...

Kearney really should've taken that.:(

This is good stuff at the moment, good lineout.

this is making me seasick!!

• Advertisement

Much better pace to the Irish game since halftime, although Patterson almost got the bounce there and was away for a certain try.

Still very tight, Ireland need to play the game in the Scottish half and keep the tempo up.

Advertisement