Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scotland v Ireland (pre/during/post thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Goose81 wrote: »
    I just think he is living off Pocs reputation and for me anyway he is not as good as people think.

These people being, in no particular order...

Munster Rugby, coaching and management along with the Irish set up and ofcourse the lions.

He has been picked by many managers to be part of some fine squads.

do you think these people are wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭thehighground

I just think he is living off Pocs reputation and for me anyway he is not as good as people think.
    I would have liked to see either Casey or cullen get a shot alongside Poc at some stage over the last few years.

O'Callaghan & O'Driscoll were good enough to get Munster into the knock-outs of the Heineken Cup from the group of death last season. You may remember that POC was out for a couple of months after the world cup undergoing a back operation.

Gert Smal (world cup winning forwards coach) rates the POC & DOC partnership very highly. I posted an interview on it elsewhere. Did you read that?

Even England have dropped Nick Kennedy to the bench, who I believe is more highly rated than Casey.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Macsimus

Delighted with the inclusion of Stringer and Darcy - hopefully we'll now get to see some rugby played

Happy with best - wont carry as well as flan but has other aspects to his game, seems to be wining a lot of turnovers when ive seen him play for Ulster too

RE: Leamy - not as sure on this - if DK was going to going to wrap someone up in cotton wool, i might have preferred him to give ferris the rest instead of heaslip - mainly because i think leamy plays better at 6 than 8, but also cos, if i was given the option of risking heaslip or ferris to injury before Cardiff, imo losing ferris would do us more damage

That said, i wouldn't try and second guess dk. Its great to be confident that the coach will do what he thinks is best for the team not what what poses the least risk to his position

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Goose81

Even England have dropped Nick Kennedy to the bench, who I believe is more highly rated than Casey.

By the English,Casey is the better of that pair.

You keep going on about Gert Small rating them.Hes hardly going to say they are **** is he?

Anyway Poc is right there with Matfield so obviously we are going to have a top lineout,that doesnt mean Poc is a world beater.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭NU8

By the English,Casey is the better of that pair.

They definitely rate Casey higher as a player but rate Kennedy as the superior lineout player of the two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

I can safely say Casey will not be getting a sniff of an Irish jersey in any competitive games be world cup or six nations!
    Cullen was in fine form a few months back be interesting to see can he get back to it after his layoff!
    Would be a nice selection headache to have over the next couple of years!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

O'Callaghan & O'Driscoll were good enough to get Munster into the knock-outs of the Heineken Cup from the group of death last season. You may remember that POC was out for a couple of months after the world cup undergoing a back operation.

Gert Smal (world cup winning forwards coach) rates the POC & DOC partnership very highly. I posted an interview on it elsewhere. Did you read that?

In fairness no coach in the world is going to come out and say "Yeah they both over rated and sh1t"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Amabokke

Stev_o wrote: »
    In fairness no coach in the world is going to come out and say "Yeah they both over rated and sh1t"

I can assure you that before Victor Matfield and Bakkies Botha became the best lock pair in the world (and line-out of course) the team with the best line-out before that was Ireland - during Keith Wood's day. I can't remember who the locks were but remember Irish locks and temper were a pain in the bud for the boks and we could not compete. TBF to Gert Small, who is one of the most physical front rows we've seen (see Lions 99 call where he clobered your man) his opinion would be highly regarded as he could have said "yea, they brilliant and we will continue to improve areas" if they weren't any good, so listen to old Gert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Slightly changing the subject but does anyone know where or if possible any scotish website or someone is showing the U-20s game tonight online, would be great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Jim Hamilton and Jason White are selected at 4 and 5 respectively, with Nathan Hines and Nick De Luca on the bench as cover.

Perhaps a mod can throw that into the OP as the editing feature is disabled after 48 hours I think.

Lads, I'll also need a good stream for this match (and the Italy-Wales match if it's going!). You can PM me or post if you've any links please. As it's $20 per person to go out for Setanta PPV here and the bar is on the far side of town, we're saving ourselves for next week!

Any help is appreicated.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 feelinfoul

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=32873&part=sports

here you go jeuv...,hope this works for you,really like yor opinions(very educated imo)
    i personally think ferris should have been rested instead of jamie heaslip,tomorrows' game would suit jamie better,he's excellent in the open,as good if not better than the french #8 hardiniq...
    tomorrows game is going to be tight for 35-40 mins the ire will cut loose,if rog is on form i predict ireland by 15-20 pts,it annoys me here at home listening to the experts on the sports radio stations saying its going to be tight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭corny

juvenal wrote: »
    Jim Hamilton and Jason White are selected at 4 and 5 respectively, with Nathan Hines and Nick De Luca on the bench as cover.

Perhaps a mod can throw that into the OP as the editing feature is disabled after 48 hours I think.

Lads, I'll also need a good stream for this match (and the Italy-Wales match if it's going!). You can PM me or post if you've any links please. As it's $20 per person to go out for Setanta PPV here and the bar is on the far side of town, we're saving ourselves for next week!

Nick De Luca providing cover for the second row? Surely not

In truth its an area Ireland should dominate. We'll get a good return from challenging their jumpers in the lineout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭sm.org

juvenal wrote: »

Jeez I'd pay $200 just not to have to watch the game on a crappy net link. Is that Oz dollars your talking about you cheap fecker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Conor_8

Cullen will get his chance for at least a bench spot when he stays fit and gets a good run. Casey was unlucky that Eddie never considered him. Let's not forget the English Premiership is the most over-rated (by the English at least) competition in world rugby!

Conor_8 wrote: »
    Cullen will get his chance for at least a bench spot when he stays fit and gets a good run. Casey was unlucky that Eddie never considered him. Let's not forget the English Premiership is the most over-rated (by the English at least) competition in world rugby!

:rolleyes: Spare us.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Only got round to seeing the team sheet now
    Just noticed that Heaslip and O'Leary are dropped. And Paddy Wallce.

No surprises with Wallace and O'Leary has been O.K but Heaslip?

Thought he's been one of our best players.

And Leamy? You might as well give the opposition a 9 point head start with the penalities he gives away.

Gotta be some Munster favourtism going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

jayteecork wrote: »

:eek: Stop the lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

jayteecork wrote: »
    Only got round to seeing the team sheet now
    Just noticed that Heaslip and O'Leary are dropped. And Paddy Wallce.

No surprises with Wallace and O'Leary has been O.K but Heaslip?

Thought he's been one of our best players.

And Leamy? You might as well give the opposition a 9 point head start with the penalities he gives away.

Yes, that can be the only way to explain Jerry Flannery being dropped and Keith Earls still not being in the squad.

Has it occured to you that Kidney is just trying to strengthen our bench before the Wales game? There isn't a hope in hell Flannery and Heaslip won't be playing against the Welsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

back on topic please

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

corny wrote: »
    Nick De Luca providing cover for the second row? Surely not

In truth its an area Ireland should dominate. We'll get a good return from challenging their jumpers in the lineout.

:D If you saw the original selection, there were two spots on the bench to be confirmed. One lock and one for the backline.;)
    sm.org wrote: »
    Jeez I'd pay $200 just not to have to watch the game on a crappy net link. Is that Oz dollars your talking about you cheap fecker?

Oi oi oi! No it's Canadian dollars actually (worth about as much as Oz dollars!). Out of work at the moment, so trying to be financially responsible!;)

That, and I expect Ireland to win, and if we don't, we don't deserve to be in the reckoning for the Championship IMO. I'll save my $40 for next Saturday.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I've created a thread here for all match stream links and requests to be posted. I'd like to keep the match threads free of all these requests (and subsequent moaning about poor quality etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭cooperla

Scary start!

Midfield defence looks dodgy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

morrison at 12 has broke the line 3 times out of 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭cooperla

3-0 Scotland. Can't expect anything else when you give Paterson a kick at goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

pitch in an awful state

Have to settle for Michael Corcoran and Donal Lenihan on RTÉ Radio it looks like.

O'Gara penalty: Scotland 3 Ireland 3.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Good to see O Gara start off a bit better today with the kicking.

• Advertisement

Leamy is being done in by the Scottish.

Advertisement