Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Sh1thole In The Country?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

R0ot wrote: »
    Quigleys point?

No, mrs Quigley's arse.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned any town or village in Leitrim,because they would win hands down!

Leitrim :confused: Where's that?? :confused:

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i have been to parts of africa :) i have never seen a street in this country with an open sewer in a residental area, the smell so bad you have to cover your mouth, the water running down onto the beach, the beach itself covered with so much rubbish, stuff left there for years

and btw you are still wrong, this country is nowhere near 70% kip, get out and explore it, achill island, connemara, inishowen, north antrim, west cork, clare, sligo, west donegal.
    I myself have been all over South Africa, before the boom times. I have also been all over this country, in every county numerous times, north and south of the border including islands, from the most remote of hills around Cul Aodha, to hidden beaches in Inis Boffin, to Miltown Malbay during Willie Clancy Week, to the middle of Grafton St on a Suturday afternoon so I don't need to get out and explore it, thanks!
    What did I find along my travels... People's selfish actions ruining things for everyone else... A dumped washing machine spoling that beautiful view, a session being ruined by some drunken idiot, take away papers strewen around an otherwise picturesque village, a pea head tearing it up in his Toyota Glanza on the Conor Pass... You get this in every inhabited place in the country, unfortunately.
    There would be no kips in Ireland if there were no people to make them.
    Lets just agree to disagree so. I believe that we live in a bit of a kip.
    i have been to parts of africa :) i have never seen a street in this country with an open sewer in a residental area, the smell so bad you have to cover your mouth, the water running down onto the beach, the beach itself covered with so much rubbish, stuff left there for years
    ... Actually, what is your point here? What you have described goes so far beyond being a "kip" that it comes back around and bites itself in the ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭sneakerfreak

enniscorthy (you'd want a paddy wagon to feel comfortable driving through)
    Moate (it's like ten sh**holes crammed into one town at weekends)
    Athlone (oohh if you've been there you'll know why!!)
    Ferbane (whats right there)
    Maynooth (horrible to walk the paths, covered in broken glass, knickers & thongs, leave the rest to your imagination)
    Longford (nothing but 13yr olds girls upwards offering lads 60+ sexual favours for 10 quid or 20 smokes or bottle of wkd)

Kilkenny I don't like find it very very boxy & overcrowded... same with ennis
    I could go on!!!!

how do i find this "longford" you speak of?

R0ot wrote: »
    Can we say all of Dublin? :pac:
    If you have seen all of Dublin and feel that it is a kip I'd have no problem with it.... Just don't tell me I, and all those that I care about, talk like we've escaped from a "slow learners camp" ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

People are comparing "kips" in ireland to 3rd world countries, there's a massive difference!
    And the dublin divide is east/west not north south. But you still get people from Clontarf and Howth in €1m or €2m houses saying they're "real dublin" and the south siders are "posh"!
    Ponster wrote: »

Sounds great, a town where you can buy a spudball of Fats in the death wagon!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Roscrea.

Quint wrote: »
    People are comparing "kips" in ireland to 3rd world countries, there's a massive difference!
    exactly!

Rory123 wrote: »
    exactly!

You probably can't get spudballs in Lagos. You can in Carrick on suir.
    Actually, can someone tell me what they are? Don't make me drive down to Carrick

Quint wrote: »
    You probably can't get spudballs in Lagos. You can in Carrick on suir.
    Actually, can someone tell me what they are? Don't make me drive down the Carrick
    I don't know what they are but I'd bet, just going by the name, that you'd need a serious amount of diet coke to wash them away from sticking in your gullet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Anywhere in Limerick really.

Rory123 wrote: »
    I don't know what they are but I'd bet, just going by the name, that you'd need a serious amount of diet coke to wash them away from sticking in your gullet.

We need Ponster to log back on to tell us. Hopefully it's fast, the suspense is killing me. If he's any good, he can sort out a photo:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Lisnaskea, Keady, Portadown, Dungannon. These are all places which make me slightly uneasy. Clones is not great fun either. Bundoran might be the worst. But you've so many to choose from in the other 3 provinces. I'll say the worst is Tuam. No Granard. Maybe Thurles or Clonmel. Possibly Bray. Gorey? Definitely Tullamore. And Tralee. Clarinbridge is no great shakes though. So many sh1tholes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Lisnaskea, Keady, Portadown, Dungannon. These are all places which make me slightly uneasy. Clones is not great fun either. Bundoran might be the worst. But you've so many to choose from in the other 3 provinces. I'll say the worst is Tuam. No Granard. Maybe Thurles or Clonmel. Possibly Bray. Gorey? Definitely Tullamore. And Tralee. Clarinbridge is no great shakes though. So many sh1tholes etc.

Tullamore and Tralee are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

DSB wrote: »
    Tullamore and Tralee are great.

Could be argued that they are all 'great', excepting P'down of course. Dependent on experiences and maybe prejudices. It's pretty subjective I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Granard, Co. Longford. It is like some type of rural ghetto. Utter kip.

You OBVIOUSLY have never been to Granard. Alright, so most of the 3rd world is more tropical.....think wartime Chechnya or Bosnia instead :)

Someone mentioned Mulhuddart, ffs its not even the worst part of Blanch.
    And Virginia Co. Cavan? It is quite a nice town tbh (plenty of fights mind, but nice enough looking)

It isnt filthy or knackery, but Galway is plain depressing.

Ballyfermot/ most of the area around Liffey Valley is the worst part of Dublin IMO.

Carrick on Suir sounds like some spot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i said it before and i'll say it again.......the biggest S'hole in ireland is not a town but a collection of towns........the morbid midlands

no mountains, no scenery just a series of dreary towns inhabited by dreary people......i say nuke the place and put them out of there misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

a come on now you'll need to frame you're ideas a bit better!

Every town in Letrim? Carrick has to be one of the nicest places ive been anyway.

How many places have you been to?Fair enough Carrick isn't the worst but still isn't great.There is no beauty about it,apartments built along the river,nice view and all if you live in the apartments but if your on a boat it's not the most pleasant thing to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

Bundoran Co Donegal without a doubt

I had to threaten to kill myself if the missus ever seriously entertained the idea of returning.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

There are a lot of towns in Ireland that are complete and utter dumps. My top 5 would be:

Longford
    Tipperary Town
    Tuam
    Athy
    Bundoran

When I think of any of these places, I get depressd.:(

• Advertisement

Another vote for Bundoran,so its not just me!!

Its the utter desperation of the place that gets me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Another vote for Bundoran,so its not just me!!

Its the utter desperation of the place that gets me.

It's so tacky it's fun.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭sneakerfreak

bundoran sucks and i love Donegal

Bray sucks bigtime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

Any counties without a town mentioned yet?

Carlow?
    Down?
    Antrim?
    Roscommon?
    Clare?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

If we're going to include the North, then I'd have to add Ballymena and Portadown to that list.

These two towns are soul destroying and horribly bigoted dumps.

Bundoran is an example of everything that is wrong with a seaside "resort."

Oi K-9 NOOOO!!!

We actually developed a game where we bet on how MORE shabby a famous fast food resturant on the outskirts of town got with each visit.

Lets just say each time it hit a new low.

li@mo wrote: »
    Any counties without a town mentioned yet?

Carlow?
    Down?
    Antrim?
    Roscommon?
    Clare?

Carlow
    Bangor
    Larne
    Roscommon
    Lisdoonvarna.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Actually now that Bundoran has been mentioned I have to say agree in saying it's a dive.Hate the place:cool:

Oi K-9 NOOOO!!!

We actually developed a game where we bet on how MORE shabby a famous fast food resturant on the outskirts of town got with each visit.

Lets just say each time it hit a new low.

There's a K in that name too, I bet. Fecking Northerners.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

K-9 wrote: »
    Carlow
    Bangor
    Larne
    Roscommon
    Lisdoonvarna.

Cheers........That about wraps it up so.

Every county has a kip somewhere within. Offaly has many:D

Advertisement