Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BER Cert ?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

brianmacl wrote: »
    `

I think it is actually turn over less than €37,500 as opposed to earning less than €37,500

I think the price is not the only consideration, or maybe I am wrong?
    Surely people will be interested in the quality of the assessor, if the assessor will make recomendations while carrying out an assesment advise on minor works that could be carried out with little effort, time or money but could change the rating from, lets say, D1 to C3 most people will only see the D or the C so it could be worth while, especially if the Assessor will hold re assess your property for free or very little to check works have been carried out.

Does €175 - 250 all in sound fair?

I wonder did Mr Gormley price include VAT and the SEI fee? a lot of places I have been speaking to started out giving out prices without VAT and the SEI fee inclueded and then added it on once they got you interested.

I have to say I love the way that the legislation is SI 666 from 2006. it is quite appropriate for a bit a legislation that isn't very well written, vague and full of holes. It isn't quite as bad as the Private Residential Tenancies Act 2004 but it is close.:rolleyes:

€175 is a bit on the cheap side, I think - unless the assessor is doing a discount for multiple units. I've had quotes from €200-€400. €250 sounds fair - it's not too much to pay & ensures the assessor is making enough money to make doing the assessment worth his while... any less & they might be just knocking them out willy nilly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 fogibear

ben bedlam wrote: »
    An assessor friend of mine says he does BERs for €225 inclusive of SEI fee (no VAT needed). He says people wont pay more than €250 for one

guys looking for a ber cert done cheaper the better any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Just a note to say Homebond now offer a full BER Rating / Assessment for new & existing houses. This service is open to members and non-members.
    I'd assume a lot of House Builders will avail of this Service.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,028 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

RKQ wrote: »
    Just a note to say Homebond now offer a full BER Rating / Assessment for new & existing houses. This service is open to members and non-members.

if its a free service, great...

but with, say, a new build...... the certifier needs to carry out their own DEAP calculations anyway....

it would be funny to see what happens if they get two different results...!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭brianmacl

How much do they charge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

I hope they havn't invested too much in it, they might find there's not a hugh demand for it, particurarly for new build!!!:D

Advertisement