Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up All Night Computer Games

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's probably dangerous for me to play any sort of big RPG, even the offline kind, during 4th year. I don't want to take any sort of chance on getting completely addicted to a game this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's probably dangerous for me to play any sort of big RPG, even the offline kind, during 4th year. I don't want to take any sort of chance on getting completely addicted to a game this year.

In that case, don't touch it with someone elses bargepole.

*takes note*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dark Brotherhood were fanatastic in Oblivion except if you got
    vampirism. Really hated how the light burned.

Only thing that spoiled oblivion for me was the scaling enemies. I know you can mod it now but i was playing it on the 360 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I used to be hardcore. Me and a friend and his little bro (who fell asleep mid death match) once played a Turok Rage Wars session through til sunrise.

I also once played Championship Manager (as it was called back in the day) for over 20 hours straight. Now I'm lucky to get 6 or 7..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I hear that man!:D I always use to stay up until all hours finishing a season just so I could get the ball rolling for transfers in the Summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Galvasean wrote: »
    I used to be hardcore. Me and a friend and his little bro (who fell asleep mid death match) once played a Turok Rage Wars session through til sunrise.

I also once played Championship Manager (as it was called back in the day) for over 20 hours straight. Now I'm lucky to get 6 or 7..

Who you managing atm?

I decided to holiday through 7 seasons to let the game get a bit interesting recently. Beginning to regret as AI teams are a bit weak at this stage.

Who you managing atm?

I decided to holiday through 7 seasons to let the game get a bit interesting recently. Beginning to regret as AI teams are a bit weak at this stage.

MVV (start out in Dutch First division). Season 7 or eight at this point. Furthest Ive gotten so far is Champions league quarter or semi final. Won the UEFA Cup at one point. Have some quality players in the team (Nicklas Bendtner has become an absolute hero) but can't quite take the next step to being a top top side because we can't get a stadium expansion (from 10,000) for love nor money.

MVV (start out in Dutch First division). Season 7 or eight at this point. Furthest Ive gotten so far is Champions league quarter or semi final. Won the UEFA Cup at one point. Have some quality players in the team (Nicklas Bendtner has become an absolute hero) but can't quite take the next step to being a top top side because we can't get a stadium expansion (from 10,000) for love nor money.

Ah. I avoid the Dutch for some reason. :p

I did once take FC Twente to a Champions League win though.

I usually manage big teams, though in my last game I took Millwall from League 2 to the Premiership in successive seasons. Had a similar problem with the stadium expansion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I must need more coffee, I miss read that link, and thought WTF is a Mod doing posting a link to that....
    SDooM wrote: »
    http://www.1cup1coffee.com/800.htm

An interesting little game to while away a few hours!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Dungeon Keeper 2 had different sayings which were tied into the pc clock, from tis the witching hour and all curses are half price, to askinging if you had no lair to go to at 2am and other such taunts, it was a lot of fun to play.

Oblivion was pants in comparison to Morrowwind.

Ah. I avoid the Dutch for some reason. :p

I did once take FC Twente to a Champions League win though.

Gotta love the fact that there is no limit on foreign players. you can have a team of Brazilians! :D

Gotta love the fact that there is no limit on foreign players. you can have a team of Brazilians! :D

Heh. Always preferred Germany for those kind of games. Memories of my all conquering bunch of lads from Nurnberg... *sighs wistfully* Better days.

*grins* That sounds absolutely terrible.

You the kind of person who plays one game for ages or starts new ones all the time?

You the kind of person who plays one game for ages or starts new ones all the time?

Been playing the one team/campaign since I got it (FM2008) at Christmas. I got FM 2007 when it came out and played too games; Arsenal and then.. MVV! :D
    2008 will be my last Football Manager for the foreseeable unfortunately. My computer just hasn't the power for the next update. It's very slow even with a small database and only one country loaded.

What else do i play... Been playing DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on the Wii (say that ten times fast!) a lot lately. Simple but addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Runs to boxroom run to dig out DK2 CD while damning Thaedydal.... ;)
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    Dungeon Keeper 2 had different sayings which were tied into the pc clock, from tis the witching hour and all curses are half price, to askinging if you had no lair to go to at 2am and other such taunts, it was a lot of fun to play.

Been playing the one team/campaign since I got it (FM2008) at Christmas. I got FM 2007 when it came out and played too games; Arsenal and then.. MVV! :D
    2008 will be my last Football Manager for the foreseeable unfortunately. My computer just hasn't the power for the next update. It's very slow even with a small database and only one country loaded.

What else do i play... Been playing DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on the Wii (say that ten times fast!) a lot lately. Simple but addictive.

Aw no. :(

Next upgrade looks amazing.

Aw no. :(

Next upgrade looks amazing.

There's a DBZ4 coming? :eek:

*legs it to find out*

There's a DBZ4 coming? :eek:

*legs it to find out*

I meant FM09. Sorry bout that.

I meant FM09. Sorry bout that.

As it turns out DBZ4 IS coming. Not much info as of yet.
    Whats gonna be new in FM09?

• Advertisement

As it turns out DBZ4 IS coming. Not much info as of yet.
    Whats gonna be new in FM09?

Sort of vaguely 3D. And fixing regens, confidence and transfer system. And a dramatically increased assistant manager type feature to help you understand tactics better.

And hurrah for new Dragonball Z game I'm sure. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Thaedydal wrote: »

I loved Dungeon Keeper. I think one my friends kept playing it for years even though he completed it several times (he also did the same with fallout/2)

I miss having to keep horny locked up as he was a wrecking ball to you and the enemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Morrowind frequently had me sinking 16-18 hours straight into it overnight and heading straight into work after. Oblivion was prettier, but dead inside, like the corpse of a supermodel or something, I could never manage more than a couple of hours at a time.

Syndicate Wars took up frankly embarrassing amounts of my time and sleep back in the 90's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I downloaded dosbox and figured it out and am now happily playing CM97/98 again :)
    Hoping to take Zwolle to Dutch glory! (it's quite a pretty place in reality).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I've only recently discovered Oblivion after getting my PS3 a couple of weeks ago....my oh my what a frigging game!

Although i have a feeling Fallout 3 may take over from it next week,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

The original Fallout series took up frankly too much of my childhood (and I'm more than a little excited to see what this new one is like). Others included Morrowind, Final Fantasy 7, and a little-known gem called Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8 (historical turn-based strategy set in ancient China. Obscure premise I know but more addictive than crack!). Dont play too many video games these days but some of the more recent stuff to keep me occupied include Mass Effect and Neverwinter Nights. Anything long and wordy will generally get me going...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Final fantasy 7: addiction, keep going back. Finish it maybe 4/5 times a year. Far too good for this world! God help us if that PS3 tech demo ever becomes a reality.

ROSE Online: Worst mmorpg EVER but insanely addictive. I spent 100+ hours in 1 week trying to get butterfly wings, not gay at all...

Silkroad Online: Amazing game, many an hour killing tigers and robbing tradesmen. Pitty about the servers being so damn laggy...

CS 1.6: used to play 15+hrs a day during 4th year. Clans, matches, tournies, kz, bh, aim, fy, de, everything you ever needed to keep yourself entertained. Played a few reputable teams and beat a few, ATR and NIP jr. Good times :)

Haven't played computer games in over a year now. Feels good to have my life back lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Fable too is way to short:( only a day of gaming :(
    Bring on the new FF series...*looking forward to 5 days without sleep and bloodshot eyes*

If they do a PS3 remake of FF7 I may have to break my vow of not giving Sony any more console money... >.>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

master league. the main reason I sucked at college and the main reason im still awake now. its just so hard to not play "one more game" until you realise being tired is making you lose games. Oblivion as well. used to go to bed when I saw the sun coming up :o got soe sucked into that game.

have had fallout since wednesday but have failed to get into it. think Im goin to restart it on saturday morning when Im fresh, assuming I go ahead with my plan of staying away from drink this week:rolleyes: I have failed for the last 3 weekends though :cool:

Advertisement