Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larionovo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 fjord

Aine M wrote: »
    I have just listened to it and having purchased foreign property (not India nor from Larionovo), I was just asking how many people rang in, there was only one person on air and to my understanding this is different to the subject matter discussed and should in my opinion not have been on Liveline as it is only raising more panic in people when it was a delay in building.Its adding to the bad news of the country.it is to be expected when buying in Dubai and in Ireland even but more so with any foreign property?Maybe they didnt have their research done and I said they somersaulted in cos they certainly didnt walk into it.
    The programme began with two people who purchased in India. Raymond Nortona one of the Directors of Larionovo was also invited on air. Several other people rang in - the majority were ringing in relation to India. They had all invested with Larionovo. I don't remember how many rang in relation to Dubai, however there is a group now formed of people who have all purchased properties with Larionovo in India, Dubai, Spain. All are unhappy with the Investment they have made due to changes in what they were promised, and the vast majority of us are having serious difficulties in getting our money back when promises have been made by the Company time after time. We have been in touch with the Developer in India; the Indian Ambassador in Ireland aswell as many others in a bid to get our money back on the Indian properties. Some of the group purchased three and four units and are awaiting a substantial amount of money back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lalique

Hi

Whilst we are all entitled to our own opinion, can I ask Aine M what point are you trying to make here?

I too have various other investment properties in europe, and whilst we all accept that delays happen that we have no control over, that does not excuse, very poor communication and downright rudeness by larionovo staff, which I can assure you has been the case here.

Also, one person went on air about Dubai, but others also tried to get through. This is not fiction it is fact.

Also we are not talking about 4 or 5 people here that are affected by this, we are talking 200+ and should the agent and developer not deliver what they promised at the end of the month, then no doubt you will see and read alot more about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ukdavros

I am also a bit lost as to what point Aine M is trying to make
    They seem to be assuming they are some kind of property expert and that we are not, without knowing anything about us or the facts on the issue.
    Could also be a Troll or a Larionovo plant I suppose
    Ether way I am not paying much attention to them.
    Should thank them I suppose for bumping up the thread again

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Aine M

Its just funny cos I came on this thread cos I have been following this case because I am interested in property,and I am not assuming I am a property expert I just know the market,having invested heavily when the times were good. I do sympathise with your situation.
    I am just saying here that I had a project go belly up and I didnt go through the agent, I hit a block wall with them.They didnt have the funds to pay me back.I went directly to the developer and got results.THIS IS MY POINT HERE.
    I am sorry to say but from an independent point of view here,this matter should not even have been discussed until all other options have been exhausted and from my calender the date which the developer has promised your funds the 30th of Nov is still eleven days away.If I were ye I would be then taking action on every show possible. I have heard Larionovo is in big trouble.I wouldnt be expecting they would be there if the money fails to come through from the developer.
    If I were ye I would be hounding the developer on this and that is from personal experience.I wouldnt be sparing that Raymond Norton guy either,he couldnt even answer most of the questions.

Its just funny cos I came on this thread cos I have been following this case because I am interested in property,and I am not assuming I am a property expert I just know the market,having invested heavily when the times were good. I do sympathise with your situation.
    I am just saying here that I had a project go belly up and I didnt go through the agent, I hit a block wall with them.They didnt have the funds to pay me back.I went directly to the developer and got results.THIS IS MY POINT HERE.
    I am sorry to say but from an independent point of view here,this matter should not even have been discussed until all other options have been exhausted and from my calender the date which the developer has promised your funds the 30th of Nov is still eleven days away.If I were ye I would be then taking action on every show possible. I have heard Larionovo is in big trouble.I wouldnt be expecting they would be there if the money fails to come through from the developer.
    If I were ye I would be hounding the developer on this and that is from personal experience.I wouldnt be sparing that Raymond Norton guy either,he couldnt even answer most of the questions.
    Thankyou for your opinion, however it does not sound as though you sympathise with our situation at all. The Developer and Agent have given us several other dates up to now, so I do not agree that it was too early for this matter to be discussed on National Radio. If you listened to the programme carefully you would have heard people complaining that they had been promised other dates before 30th November.. We have been following all lines possible. Not every step we have taken has been highlighted in this Forum. There is a group which has formed within which plenty of action is being taken on a daily basis

• Advertisement

Hmmm now where do I start on this.......................................rather than let this turn into a "slanging Match" I would like to advise you that I really don't think you really qualified to comment on this issue as you have not invested directly in this project through this agent/developer. Nor have you been receiving e-mails stating/promising that you will receive money on specific dates, the lies and excuses we have been fed have been shameful and the attitude of certain company employees has been disgusting. Also for your information, I have explored every other route and when people refuse to respond, then I'm afraid tougher actions needs to be taken, this is what we are doing now, and in "11 days" we don't have a resolution to this problem then it will be escalated further. You also say "Larionovo is in big trouble" on what grounds can you substantiate this. As far as I can see they have bought this on themselves by treating their customers very badly and now they are feeling the backlash. Going on the Liveline program just brought together a lot of very annoyed people who otherwise were battling alone in this.

Thankyou for your point but i am afraid it is not a very good one.
    You are making too many assumptions, how do you know what options we have already exausted. How do you know whether we have already been hounding the developer or not.
    Also although it wasnt really discussed on here in detail, if you read the post it was asking for people in the same postion. But if we want to Discuss it on here then that is our decission, people can either join in or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

I have just listened to it and having purchased foreign property (not India nor from Larionovo), I was just asking how many people rang in, there was only one person on air and to my understanding this is different to the subject matter discussed and should in my opinion not have been on Liveline as it is only raising more panic in people when it was a delay in building.Its adding to the bad news of the country.it is to be expected when buying in Dubai and in Ireland even but more so with any foreign property?Maybe they didnt have their research done and I said they somersaulted in cos they certainly didnt walk into it.

not only do you appear to be shooting the messengers who were heard on liveline , you seem to be defending the company in question , it is larionovos complete lack of transparency and shady demeanor that is creating anxiety in people ,not those brave enough to expose it , the people on liveline have only brought it to the publics attention and i can assure you , the response has been significant , oh and how is raising awareness of property dealings relating to dubai and india in anyway adding to the woes of this country

Hi

Larionovo went into liquidation late on Tuesday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 baro

Larionovo goes in to receivership.The proposed merger (if there ever was one) with Profile has not occurred.

http://overseascafe.blogspot.com/2008/11/larionovo-goes-into-receivership.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Looks like you've all lost a packet. Lesson learned, don't give large amounts of money to people for some shack in a third world country 3000 miles away.

Looks like you've all lost a packet. Lesson learned, don't give large amounts of money to people for some shack in a third world country 3000 miles away.

Many thanks for your understanding nature in this matter! I'm sure everyone will take much comfort from your kind words.

I wouldnt pay too much attention to Climate Expert, somekind of weather person I guess. You only have to look at other posts they have made to realise they are a bit of a Troll. But once again we should thank them for bumping up the thread.

You have to remember Climate Expert knows nothing about us. Doesnt know how much property we each have, what experience we have etc etc.

Doesnt even realise that just because Larionovo are no more, this doesnt mean we have lost a packet, as they dont know all the facts.

Mark
    ;)

ukdavros wrote: »
    You have to remember Climate Expert knows nothing about us. Doesnt know how much property we each have, what experience we have etc etc.

Doesnt even realise that just because Larionovo are no more, this doesnt mean we have lost a packet, as they dont know all the facts.

Mark
    ;)

I know that you 'invested' in Indian property. Thats about all you really need to know.

You've just become a creditor amongst many others. Chances are you will see nothing or less than 10% of your money. No doubt the rest of it has been long since locked away in India and other countries.

You've just become a creditor amongst many others. Chances are you will see nothing or less than 10% of your money. No doubt the rest of it has been long since locked away in India and other countries.

Thats what you think, like I said you dont know the facts, this post of yours just proves it;)

I know that you 'invested' in Indian property. Thats about all you really need to know.

Don't be a loser. What experience do you have to make such comments? And how insulting of you to call the units in this development in Mumbai a shack - ever been to India have you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Abraham

Larionovo presented and marketed Dubai investments very well over the past three to four years or so and now this. Now they look like they were just another House of Cards. All silver tongued style and no substance. Would just love to be able to sell up now even at a loss but this sounds more and more remote by the day. My partner and I are just sick at the outcome of this and what it's done to us with our one and only investment.

Wonder what the numbers are in regard to Irish purchasers there ?
    Is there some sort of group we could give support to ? If not then there should be and the sooner one is formed the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Abraham wrote: »
    Larionovo presented and marketed Dubai investments very well over the past three to four years or so and now this. Now they look like they were just another House of Cards. All silver tongued style and no substance. Would just love to be able to sell up now even at a loss but this sounds more and more remote by the day. My partner and I are just sick at the outcome of this and what it's done to us with our one and only investment.

Wonder what the numbers are in regard to Irish purchasers there ?
    Is there some sort of group we could give support to ? If not then there should be and the sooner one is formed the better.

hi there

i take it you bought in duabai aswell , i myself bought in sports city , i curse the day i read that feature on dubai by that property whore john o keefe in the sindo , anways , you say you would like to join a group

pm me if you want my number

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭zxcvbnm1

irish_bob wrote: »
    hi there

i curse the day i read that feature on dubai by that property whore john o keefe in the sindo , anways , you say you would like to join a group

pm me if you want my number

I really don't know how that guy john o'keeffe sleeps at night.

Evry article he ever wrote always pretty much says you would be a fool not to buy it ASAP.

Calling him a whore is a good phrase actually.

He really did sell his soul for a few quid - and was unfortunately in a position where his few quid profit meant he probably influenced a lot of naive investors.

zxcvbnm1 wrote: »
    I really don't know how that guy john o'keeffe sleeps at night.

Evry article he ever wrote always pretty much says you would be a fool not to buy it ASAP.

Calling him a whore is a good phrase actually.

He really did sell his soul for a few quid - and was unfortunately in a position where his few quid profit meant he probably influenced a lot of naive investors.

His job was to promote property and his paper got money for the ads. More fool the person who didn't see this conflict of interest before throwing away a few years salary trying to get rich.

• Advertisement

http://overseascafe.blogspot.com/2008/11/larionovo-goes-into-receivership.html

Read this Irish bob and go get another carlsberg before you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 EnoughSaid

Abraham wrote: »
    Larionovo presented and marketed Dubai investments very well over the past three to four years or so and now this. Now they look like they were just another House of Cards.

Yes, you got it! The worldwide property market for the past few years has been like a giant pyramid scheme fuelled by cheap credit and greed. Now that credit is now longer available, the whole thing is tumbling down. As with all pyramid schemes, it is the ones who come into it last who always get their fingers burnt the most.

Blimey we do seem to get our fair share of plonkers in this thread. The people who know myself or Karen, know who I mean
    :)

You still dont seem to realise we arnt interested in theBullSh*t comments some people are making, just because they havnt got anything to do all day. If People havnt got anything constructive to say then dont bother we aint interested.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Guys- I understand that emotions are running high on this- but lets tone it down please.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

ukdavros wrote: »
    Blimey we do seem to get our fair share of plonkers in this thread. The people who know myself or Karen, know who I mean
    :)

You still dont seem to realise we arnt interested in theBullSh*t comments some people are making, just because they havnt got anything to do all day. If People havnt got anything constructive to say then dont bother we aint interested.
    Is 'constructive' the same thing as 'positive'?

If I have some constructive but negative comments to make, should I or is it better to stay quiet?

ionapaul wrote: »
    Is 'constructive' the same thing as 'positive'?

If I have some constructive but negative comments to make, should I or is it better to stay quiet?

No, it is not better to stay quiet. Some of us are feeling very foolish now because of what has happened to our investments. Most of us, I'll venture to say, are only small time players, i.e. buying single units and probably hoping to use it for our own/family benefit with capital appreciation later. By banding together we can be a real force to be dealt with. We certainly haven't a prayer of achieving anything by remaining singular and isolated in our approach to the search for a solution.

If we pool our experiences and devise a strategy to exert pressure we may well recover some or perhaps most of our input. It's not a time for faint hearts or for listening to begrudgers. There must be very few people in life who haven't made some decision with every good intention and then had cause to regret it later.

Live horse and you'll get grass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 OverseasCafe

The Larionovo liquidation story ran in the Examiner today.

There's a lady called Karen Marshall quoted who wants to get in contact with other like minded investors. Her email details are in the piece.

Hi Overseas Cafe

Thats me!!!!! I'm the ring leader in all of this and so far have managed to get 27 investors on board and I have 17 answerphone messages to listen to!!!!!!:D

Karen - good on you. We must ensure now that all those who have a vested interest in sorting this out have the opportunity to make contact and come on board. The sooner this is done, the sooner we will see progress.
    Everybody, absolutely everybody with a stake in this should come on board and assist in the drive toward a reasonable solution.

• Advertisement

Anybody that wants to get involved in the group just send me a PM
    We have some very high profile people on board now to help.

Regards
    Karen

Advertisement