Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larionovo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lalique

Hi

I invested in India and also started the investor group regarding this issue. We paid our money to a reputable IRISH agent, the properties were very well marketed and the IRISH media wrote fantastic reviews encouraging people to buy. The same Irish newspaper won't now run a story on our campaign to get our money back. If the developement in India had gone ahead and if in fact it ever intended to, then yes it would have been a very good medium to long term investment, but we had no control over the route of which our money was sent and where it is now. Whilst we fight hard to ascertain these facts, ultimate goal if we don't get our money back is to bring the people responsible to justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

lalique wrote: »
    Hi

We paid our money to a reputable IRISH agent, the properties were very well marketed and the IRISH media wrote fantastic reviews encouraging people to buy. The same Irish newspaper won't now run a story on our campaign to get our money back.

Ah, don't get me started on the relationships between the media and the Property Companies.

Mortgage Brokers and Estate Agents got exposed for their practices, strangely you hear nothing about the other sharp practice.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Abraham

lalique wrote: »
    Hi

I invested in India and also started the investor group regarding this issue. We paid our money to a reputable IRISH agent, the properties were very well marketed and the IRISH media wrote fantastic reviews encouraging people to buy. The same Irish newspaper won't now run a story on our campaign to get our money back. If the developement in India had gone ahead and if in fact it ever intended to, then yes it would have been a very good medium to long term investment, but we had no control over the route of which our money was sent and where it is now. Whilst we fight hard to ascertain these facts, ultimate goal if we don't get our money back is to bring the people responsible to justice.

You are so very right, Lalique. The media are not blameless in all this. They are quick enough to defend their 'right to report' and 'freedom of speech' all deriving from 'the public interest' but what about SPOOF....SPOOF....and more SPOOF reported as fact ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lms1

Just wondering how many of you out there have invested with Larionovo for their Dubai development in Sports City or elsewhere in Dubai. I am one of their "customers" who is now very worried about the situation and would like to contact other investors to share information and to see what we can do to resolve the situation. Please reply to this post or PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ukdavros

Nothing to do with Greed Guys ;)
    So anybody in Business or who plans for the Future is Greedy.:rolleyes:

Karen is doing a great Job and I am really proud of her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 lms1

Link to article on Larionovo's main players (Raymond Norton and Andrew Brett) and another one of their projects that is in trouble in Dubai:
    http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090115/BUSINESS/823917044/1005

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 EnoughSaid

ukdavros wrote: »
    Some people on here just havnt gone a clue what they are tallking about............

Property will always go up.

There is never a bad time to buy property, but it is not always a good time to sell property. Also depends a lot on your stategy.

I see.......so are you saying the Summer 2007 was not a bad time to buy property in Ireland ? Prices have fallen by about 35 or 40 % since then....tell me what exactly was good about buying then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ukdavros

If you dont get it then dont worry about it.

Do you really think Property investers have stopped investing, Some maybe, but many more havnt.

This thread was started to start the ball rolling on contacting people who invested through Larionovo and it is serving it purpose.
    You have no idea how big this is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Abraham

Man, that Piers Morgan prog on ITV tonight would give me some hope about solving my Dubai property debacle with some benefit or am I being utterly stupid again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 johnboy604

whats going on with pelicano wont pay up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ductape

Hi all,
    For those of you that paid your second installment for the Borgo Novo project, have you experienced any issues?
    I ask because my investing partners and I decided to pay the second installment through Gambrone Law at the beginning of the year. However, I just received a posted letter from the builder Azzurra s.r.l. that they never received the payment, they can't get a response from G&L and are going to cancel our contract. No matter how much we email and call G&L we can't seem to get a response either.
    Is anyone else having this issue?
    Did anyone else decide to pay?
    I'm seeking alternate council for the duration of this investment. Does anyone have any references?

Also, for anyone interested, this article brings up some interesting points about Italian investing and G&L:
    http://www.italymag.co.uk/forums/legal/6799-italian-conveyancing-off-plan.html

Thanks everyone, anyone,
    -Ductape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Irish Freddy

Hi Ductape,
    We paid our second instalment in December through Giambrone Law. To date we have not received a receipt. We requested same at meeting in Dublin on third of March. Last week, we discovered that Katy Beatty no longer works for Giambrone Law. Also, we had difficulty with the Italian office number. If you wish to contact Giambrone Law in Italy you should try the following number: 003909177434778. We still haven't received our full copy of our contract and are very concerned about the service provided by Giambrone Law to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 marjan

Hello,

We also paid our second deposit for our purchase in the Borgo Novo development through Giambrone and we also received a letter from the builder that they still haven't got the money. And for the way Giambrone is handling our mails and calls, well that's unbelievable.

VFI is now working together with an Italian law firm to file complaints both with the English and Italian law societies in order to get them to give the money back. The more people join these complaints, the bigger the chance gets of Giambrone giving in to the pressure...

Maybe it's best to get in touch with Maria from VFI...

Thanks Marjan. We are very unhappy with the way we are being treated by Giambrone Law. We will contact V.F.I. in an attempt to establish where we stand. It certainly looks like this is going to escalate. Will keep you posted on progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 j&f

irish_bob wrote: »
    hi there

i take it you bought in duabai aswell , i myself bought in sports city , i curse the day i read that feature on dubai by that property whore john o keefe in the sindo , anways , you say you would like to join a group

pm me if you want my number
    Hi there we are new to this first time posting, we bought in Sports city and are being fobbed off by Profile and we are really worried that we have been ripped off. When Larionovo went down I contacted the liquidator who told me that they believed the Dubai project was going ahead. I have just received a letter from Profile stating that they are handing over to another group called GTS. i would be interested in contacting a group of investors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Zagorkagirl

Hello Irish Freddy & Marjan,

I also paid my second installment for Borgo Novo through Giambrone Law and didn't have any problems. Have your problems been sorted out - did VFI receive the money?

Zag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Abraham wrote: »
    You are so very right, Lalique. The media are not blameless in all this. They are quick enough to defend their 'right to report' and 'freedom of speech' all deriving from 'the public interest' but what about SPOOF....SPOOF....and more SPOOF reported as fact ?

The media are part of the entertainment industry, and generally have little interest in truth or reality. They only care about making money, and if that means saying absurdities like "it's never a bad time to buy property" because a lot of their advertisers are estate agents, well then they'll say whatever they're being paid to say.

You really shouldn't base your financial decisions on what the media tell you.

I also paid my second installment for Borgo Novo through Giambrone Law and didn't have any problems. Have your problems been sorted out - did VFI receive the money?

Zag
    Giambrone Law have not responded to any of my requests to issue a receipt for the deposit or to confirm that the deposit has been passed on to the builder. I have not heard from the builder or vfi so it's possible that the payment has been made, although this lack of correspondence from Giambrone Law creates serious doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Matt1

I suggest emailing maria@vfioverseasproperty.com and asking VFI / Azzurra (Builder) to send confirmation of payment. I received a scanned copy of the bank transfer they (Azzurra) received. Even though you paid Giambrone VFI / Azzurra should have something if they have received monies. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭crocro

irish_bob wrote: »
    hi there

i take it you bought in duabai aswell , i myself bought in sports city , i curse the day i read that feature on dubai by that property whore john o keefe in the sindo ,
    All of John O'Keeffe's articles were obviously pisstakes. I found them entertaining.

http://www.independent.ie/unsorted/property/every-time-you-say-dubai-i-wanna-buy-a-little-463763.html
    http://www.independent.ie/unsorted/property/no-need-to-get-the-hump-with-these-moroccan-beauties-690772.html

Complaining about his advice would be like complaining about Ross' OCarroll-Kelly's advice or voting for Dustin the turkey.

• Advertisement

Matt1 wrote: »
    I suggest emailing maria@vfioverseasproperty.com and asking VFI / Azzurra (Builder) to send confirmation of payment. I received a scanned copy of the bank transfer they (Azzurra) received. Even though you paid Giambrone VFI / Azzurra should have something if they have received monies. Good luck.
    Thanks Matt1. I may as well try that before I take further steps with Giambrone Law. It's absolutely incredible that they have still failed to issue a receipt or return any of my calls.If I can establish that the payment has actually been made I can leave my argument with Giambrone Law aside for the moment. I've other things going on just now but I intend to follow this through very soon.
    Irish Freddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 marjan

This is a response we've received from Giambrone after we've disinstructed them and after we asked them to give us our second deposit back (which they refuse to transfer on to the builder):

Since the contracts have been exchanged, the funds do not legally belong to you, they belong to the builder and we are not able to release the funds to you for this reason.

I have already asked you to forward all correspondence received from VFI and or the builder and we would handle the matter for you but since you have formally disinstructed the fire we cannot act for you any more.

As soon as we receive authorisation to release the funds we will do so but ONLY to the builder. They cannot be returned to you.

In relation to your comments regarding the Solicitors Regulation Authority, you have always been aware that your file was being transferred to Italy. The SRA has never regulated the Italian offices and therefore your references to them are spurious.

So, today we are sending a letter to the
    Consiglio dell'Ordine degli Avvocati
    PALAZZO DI GIUSTIZIA
    Piazza V.E. Orlando
    90138 Palermo
    to make sure they also know about how G & L is treating a lot of us...

Zag

Our second deposit was to be paid to the builder via Giambrone Law. We have been distracted by other issues for a few weeks but we're back on track now and in the process of establishing what happened our deposit. Should have a clear answer quite soon. Fred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 oslosinclair

larionovo never carried out the proper legal due dillegence in India, resulting in a lot of people loosing money. Also they tried to launch a second Indian phase while the the purchasers from the 1st phase had numerous problems. The only thing Larionovo were concerend about about was making money for Larionovo and not their investors.

Thanks Paul for the photos.We've already got these from you. Things are looking good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kearnsie

U2-3 wrote: »
    Any comments about the Larionovo , Portugal apartments, studio from €120,000. Good investment?

Anyone any experience with them or the area, country etc.?

Palmela Village Townhouse Apartments come with an excellent 5% net Rental Guarantee, plus up to 5 weeks personal usage for owners per year.
    • Earn from €7,350 to €8,750 p.a. guaranteed!
    • PLUS 2 weeks FREE peak-time usage every year!
    • AND a further 3 weeks FREE off-peak usage!
    I have bought in Palmela / Portugal. Good investment from my point of view. But unlike some of the other posts, this has actually gotten off of the ground!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kearnsie

We have also started up a face book site for the owners of Palmela Village! just pm me and I can fwd details if you wish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 daveyeates

hi ,im posting this because of treatment i have recieved from giambrone , they have handed over 30,000 euros to a builder having drafted the wrong plans, after i signed the wrong plans, after going over to complete ,and discovering no apartment ay san rocco 2 i have been treatened with legal action by g&l in relation to this but alas when i ask where my money is ooo they will sue the builder, apart from the fact the complex is finished, but not the way it was supposed to ,giambrone are not incompetent, there worse ,they are without doubt awwww not wporth the blood pressure .im aghast that people even working with this group ,how they cant see whats goin on there ,and continue to do so .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 italiano1

Hello there,
    This is directed towards people who have purchased in the Borgonovo development in Pizzo.
    I have purchased there myself and was on site in July 2010 and everything appears to be going well, a little behind schedule but getting there all the same . I have all ready sourced and organized most of the furniture that I require from a shop in Calabria but there are some bits and pieces that I would like to bring from here if possible ( obviously I can also get them in Calabria but I just prefer what I have here ) . Would anybody be interested or knows how to organisze a shipmemt ( road haulage ) from Ireland to Pizzo and perhaps a few of us can come to gether and share costs on this venture ?
    Regards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jovanotti

Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I also am in the process of purchasing in Borgonovo. I have been having some trouble with G&L and also just the other day was informed that (among other things) there is water damage in my apartment. I have no idea as yet how this happened - I had visited in Sept and all was well then. Needless to say I am not very happy about the situation.

If anyone has information on any of the following I would be most grateful to hear from you:

1. Alternatives for solicitor.
    2. Mortgage applications.
    3. Anyone else whose apartment has been damaged by water or who has a ground floor apartment.

Cheers.

Advertisement