Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larionovo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ukdavros

fjord wrote: »
    As I'm new to this Forum I am trying to figure out why people who have no experience of this issue are dipping in and out and making comments - can anyone explain this to me? It doesn't seem to make any sense to me.
    Thanks

Because they havnt anything better to do, you just have to ignore him. He is probably some sad old loner who is trying to get a reaction out of you, like a type of schoolboy bully. You get it a lot on Forums like this.

The problem is if you respond your likely to get banned or something, so just ingnore it. Unfortunately I like to have a play with these kind now and again, its the only reason I steep to his level. Have a bit of time on my hands myself at the moment. Working on a project in Denmark and its a bit quite at the moment. At least I still get paid as a consultant, so not all bad.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Guys- deal in factual information- or if you have a specific query- ask it. Do not attack other posters, or query their motivation in posting. If you're unhappy with what someone has to say- use the "report post" function, and a moderator will have a look at it.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

Sorry SMcCarrick

It just winds me up

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

ukdavros wrote: »
    Sorry SMcCarrick

It just winds me up

I know.
    But if everyone decides to have a free for all, the whole place will fall apart. The report post function makes life a little easier for me (and the other mods) as we're not sitting at PCs watching every little thing the whole time- but we get an e-mail alerting us to reported posts- so we can objectively get to the bottom of things a lot more efficiently than otherwise might be the case.

Property is a particularly emotive subject, and always has been- so we need to keep some semblence of civilisation around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Feargus Niall

Hi Lalique,
    I am in the same position. Have had extensive dealings with Deborah McKay in Spain and all to no avail. Calls are never returned and, when we do talk, e-mails confirming what was agreed upon never arrive. Bought the apt in March/April last year and have completely lost faith in anything told to me. Have called into their offices in Dublin to exert some kind of pressure last week and was in contact with the "Liveline" production team today. I think legal action might be the best bet at this stage. Could you PM with your details? Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Feargus
    We might actually be getting somewhere.
    I will also send you a PM of our details, you can then give Karen a call.
    I am stuck in Denmark so karen is sorting a lot of it out.

Regards
    Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lalique

Just an update on this topic.

After being told for 2 weeks now that Larionovo have received some money from the delveloper in this issue, it now transpires that they didn't. This really drives that point home that the management of Larionovo don't care about what is going on and about the Irish people getting their money back. How can "directors of the Company" say yes we have it in our account and will be sending out refunds next week, only to turn round and say "Oh we haven't got it". Also, to all the other people who are thinking that they will get their money by the end of November, I would give yourself a very hard reality check because I don't think you will. It has also transpired that the company paid "Certain people" back using their own money!

The only hope now is to try and form into a "group" rather than individuals to take this company on and get our money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 fjord

Having waited since receiving a letter in July from Larionovo telling us that we would have our money refunded shortly along with a 12% return, we too are still waiting. Promise after promise from one of the Directors of the Company this month telling us - and we have it in writing - that we would have our money at the very, very latest by Sunday or Monday last as the money had landed in their Irish account last Thursday. I was promised that he would email me the transfer over the weekend and when this did not arrive and there was no response to the four emails which I sent to him and the other Director yesterday my heart began to sink.
    We were told that the Company were fully bonded when we first put our deposit down over a year and a half ago and now the Director cannot even tell me with any conviction that since they merged with Profile this year if this is still the case.

I would strongly urge anyone in the same situation to contact one of us as there is a group of us now formed who are all in the same desperate situation - just looking for a way to get our money back which is what we have been assured will happen. I am at the point where I believe nothing more that Larionovo are telling us and myself and my husband just want to untangle ourselves from this sorry mess with Larionovo

Well Another Update
    Karen Was On RTE today and so was Feargus .
    They were swamped with calls from people in the same situation.
    The Director From Larionovo got quite a talking to.
    This is just the start, we are now hoping to make contact with some of the people that phoned in.
    On to the next level

Yes,
    I just heard the end of the programme and there were a lot of people who are in the same situation with this Company. Raymond is saying we will all get our money at the end of November, but how can we possibly believe anything they say at this stage. Joe asked him soem very direct questions which he did nto exactly answer. There was an interesting man called Jack on who was promised by Andrew exactly what we were last week - it would be good if he linked into this forum. There were also lots of others who have invested in other Countries with Larionovo and who are just as angry as we are about India

• Advertisement

For anybody interested
    They had such a huge response they are carrying on with the subject on Todays show

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Hi

Thank you for adding the link to yesterdays program - much appreciated

Yes Bluetonic, thankyou for that. I missed the full discussion yesterday, so listened to it just now.

Hi

Fjord

Are you on the program today

I was to be but they mustn't have had the time to continue the piece as they were busy talking about Tommy Tiernan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 baro

I was to be but they mustn't have had the time to continue the piece as they were busy talking about Tommy Tiernan!

Are you going to be featured on LiveLine again

Not sure Baro. Have you invested in the India project with Larionovo too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 baro

No, but I know some of the individuals involved and would be very wary of them.Think the changing of the company name to Profile is very suspicious.I think you need some very good legal advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nadnerd2

Hi,
    I have been reading all these threads about Larionovo. This company recently sold some investment buy to lets in St Hilliare, France but the completion date has been moved from Summer 2009 to Summer 2010. Deposits to the Notary in France have been paid. Has anyone else bought into this development and are they happy or otherwise that the completion date has moved by 12 months? Given the bad press that this company is getting are our deposits safe ?

• Advertisement

Nadnerd2 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have been reading all these threads about Larionovo. This company recently sold some investment buy to lets in St Hilliare, France but the completion date has been moved from Summer 2009 to Summer 2010. Deposits to the Notary in France have been paid. Has anyone else bought into this development and are they happy or otherwise that the completion date has moved by 12 months? Given the bad press that this company is getting are our deposits safe ?

Hi, I think in your case you have to ask yourself the following questions, 1. why has the development been put back, are you happy with the explanation given?
    2. Are you happy with the level of communication that you recieve from them.

I would llike to think that our case is a one-off saga, although I must admit I am hearing discontentment about another Larionovo developement.

baro wrote: »
    No, but I know some of the individuals involved and would be very wary of them.Think the changing of the company name to Profile is very suspicious.I think you need some very good legal advice.
    Thanks for the advice Baro. There is now a group of us formed and we are looking at our options. Too many promises have been given over the last six months to all of us by Larionovo none of which have ever amounted to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Finscout

Hi just came across this thread, I'm another one that bought in India. I'd def be interested in getting legal help with this. Is there any update?

Finscout wrote: »
    Hi just came across this thread, I'm another one that bought in India. I'd def be interested in getting legal help with this. Is there any update?
    Hi Finscout,
    Can you pm me your phone number and I will give you a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Aine M

Yes,
    I just heard the end of the programme and there were a lot of people who are in the same situation with this Company. Raymond is saying we will all get our money at the end of November, but how can we possibly believe anything they say at this stage. Joe asked him soem very direct questions which he did nto exactly answer. There was an interesting man called Jack on who was promised by Andrew exactly what we were last week - it would be good if he linked into this forum. There were also lots of others who have invested in other Countries with Larionovo and who are just as angry as we are about India

I must have missed this part of the interview?What was this about and how many calls were there???

Aine M wrote: »
    I must have missed this part of the interview?What was this about and how many calls were there???
    Hi Aine M,
    Did you hear the programme? Have you also purchased in India with Larionovo? There were people on the programme who had invested in Dubai who are also having problems

lalique wrote: »
    Hi, I think in your case you have to ask yourself the following questions, 1. why has the development been put back, are you happy with the explanation given?
    2. Are you happy with the level of communication that you recieve from them.

I would llike to think that our case is a one-off saga, although I must admit I am hearing discontentment about another Larionovo developement.

In fairness people we were well able to jump on the bandwagon for foreign property when they could secure loans on a free will basis from the banks or when they somersaulted into a "too good to be true". Its one of the reasons the country is in a recession.I have foreign property in Dubai, France and Portugal and I have to remember that the company I purchased from are the agents for the developers who build and develop the units.The agents have no control over delays on the behalf of the builders and have no control over it.Take a look closer to home and put that on a worldwide scale.

Aine M wrote: »
    In fairness people we were well able to jump on the bandwagon for foreign property when they could secure loans on a free will basis from the banks or when they somersaulted into a "too good to be true". Its one of the reasons the country is in a recession.I have foreign property in Dubai, France and Portugal and I have to remember that the company I purchased from are the agents for the developers who build and develop the units.The agents have no control over delays on the behalf of the builders and have no control over it.Take a look closer to home and put that on a worldwide scale.
    In fairness Aine M you obviously have not had the level of problems which we have hall had with your properties in India. You're very lucky if this is the case. Unfortunately in our case we have been fed a lot of lies by the Agent, Larionovo since June 2008 about when we will be getting our money back. That is the difficulty which we are trying to resolve here.

Hi Aine M,
    Did you hear the programme? Have you also purchased in India with Larionovo? There were people?? on the programme who had invested in Dubai who are also having problems

I have just listened to it and having purchased foreign property (not India nor from Larionovo), I was just asking how many people rang in, there was only one person on air and to my understanding this is different to the subject matter discussed and should in my opinion not have been on Liveline as it is only raising more panic in people when it was a delay in building.Its adding to the bad news of the country.it is to be expected when buying in Dubai and in Ireland even but more so with any foreign property?Maybe they didnt have their research done and I said they somersaulted in cos they certainly didnt walk into it.

• Advertisement

In fairness Aine M you obviously have not had the level of problems which we have hall had with your properties in India. You're very lucky if this is the case. Unfortunately in our case we have been fed a lot of lies by the Agent, Larionovo since June 2008 about when we will be getting our money back. That is the difficulty which we are trying to resolve here.

Its not the case I have had delays in the three properties.Its a common problem in the last two years, even when buying my own house in Ireland.A cousin of mine recently purchased in France where Larionovo are selling and I know for a fact that they recieved their notary fees free as a result of the delay.This was from the developer and nothing to do with Larionovo. While I understand the issue with Larionovo, ye are being compensated by the developer for it?Have ye been in contact with the developer??Being in property here, I would nearly assume that the developer told these lies to the agent.can I also ask you what would have happened if you had stay with the Indian investment if you had not withdrawn from it or was that an option???

Advertisement