Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Training

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wonka

Got a picture and DVD of the graduation ceremony from last October in the post today. Took a while obviously, but still a nice touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blondy99

Hello all,

Just got my initial interview date for next Weds 27th... written exam at 1:00pm and then the interview!

Any tips/advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

blondy99 wrote: »
    Hello all,

Just got my initial interview date for next Weds 27th... written exam at 1:00pm and then the interview!

Any tips/advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks....:confused:

Hi glad you have your interview if you read back over the thread there is lots of info on what you have to do say and so on and very enjoyable reading as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 The almighty me

Anyone know when the next graduation for Garda Reserves is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭freddiew

Strong rumour it is Thursday 25th September

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

When is the next graduation??? Any good ideas out there!!

When is the next graduation??? Any good ideas out there!!

Next Graduation Thursday 25th September...yipee

The Graduation rumoured for the 25th September is not happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 scanner man

freddiew wrote: »
    The Graduation rumoured for the 25th September is not happening.
    hi freddiew do you know why its not happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

I here but dont know how true it is, but the Sargent s doing the training have been cut back, as they had been doing all the training on overtime, this has now been stopped, so i would say this could be something to do with it.

Also i here they are going to be cutting down on the training as well due to this. :(

Could be just all talk but you never know if there is any truth in it :confused:

• Advertisement

hi freddiew do you know why its not happening

Afraid not, I just phoned HR this morning and they told me, no reason given.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭tucker1971

Surely they will have to give a few weks notice as to when it is going ahead? They will hardly bring it forward or would they??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

They told you what???? That it is going ahead in september or it isn't going ahead in september... if it isn't going ahead... when did they say approx when they are expecting it to go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭tashamc

Hi guys, are you traveling down friday nite or sat morning??

• Registered Users Posts: 32 marymulr

tashamc wrote: »
    Hi guys, are you traveling down friday nite or sat morning??

Heading down saturday morning.... how about anyone else?

marymulr wrote: »
    Heading down saturday morning.... how about anyone else?
    Friday nite myself.. will feel a bit less like first day of school!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jeanxx

Going down friday night too!

Have to book my train ticket & ring the college & arrange accommodation on the monday!

The train is scheduled there at 7pm friday night, that's the latest train I can get, hope that isn't too early :confused:

& smart casual? Hmmm... Oh what to wear ;)

I don't know if you're living in Dublin but if you are I think you can go to Joyce House & actually get your long birth cert there :)

If you're not living in Dublin that won't be any help at all! lol!

I'm sure you'll get it by next weekend though, I wouldn't worry about it! Things of that of nature are usually very prompt :)

Tommy-Kerry - I'd say they are definitely still going through the vetting process! The two month wait was making me edgy like I can only imagine how you feel about it but keep your chin up because I'm sure the checks are what is delaying it :) When my vetting was done my application was all systems go afterwards so yours will probably be the case too :)

Haha, marymulr I am dying to see this now :P We'll pair up & hide at the back! haha! I always get put at the front though not because of my ability but lack thereof... :P I tend to giggle a lot... at everything... I'd say people are reading this going 'Why does she want to be a Guard again?', lol! Inappropriate laughter will one day be my downfall ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭tucker1971

To all those attending templemore on the 20th bear in mind that self defence is an important part of reserve training, and failure to pass the self defence will result in any individual been unable to progress to next phase....:(

• Advertisement

Well that's me done for.

I couldn't defend myself from a gust of wind.

Guys it was nice nearly knowing you, after P1 I'll be going home!
    Hahaha!

Tasha you hit the nail on the head with the KGB thing!! I was in college today & I kept going on & on & on about the reserves, I was called a 'glorified lollypop lady' & smokey bacon... hahahaha! Just took it all in jest ;)

Btw my mam (bless her...) got me a sports bag for all my stuff that I'm bringing & she goes & gets it in navy & blue... People are gonna think I'm wayyyyy too enthusiastic! Haha! Don't judge me when you see it, you know the story behind it ;)

We all know it's important Tucker1971, it's just banter & nerves!! :eek:
    tucker1971 wrote: »
    To all those attending templemore on the 20th bear in mind that self defence is an important part of reserve training, and failure to pass the self defence will result in any individual been unable to progress to next phase....:(

Hey at least they're not callin you robo cop!! hehe! :p

Jeanxx wrote: »
    Well that's me done for.

Hahaha!

Tasha you hit the nail on the head with the KGB thing!! I was in college today & I kept going on & on & on about the reserves, I was called a 'glorified lollypop lady' & smokey bacon... hahahaha! Just took it all in jest ;)

Btw my mam (bless her...) got me a sports bag for all my stuff that I'm bringing & she goes & gets it in navy & blue... People are gonna think I'm wayyyyy too enthusiastic! Haha! Don't judge me when you see it, you know the story behind it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 wetgarden

The Big E wrote: »
    Have been in the Garda Reserve a year now, and enjoy it immensily, No problems off the regular Gardai. done the ASP course and looking forward to getting our allowance at the end of the month,, besides it been a usefull past-time , it looks good on application forms for jobs and for those going for promotion in their jobs.. Good luck

Hi Big E.

Excuse my ignorance here but what is the ASP course and how much is the allowance? Is it paid at the end of the year only?:
    Also what has the reaction from your work mates and friends been like. You sent this mail on Sept 15th. Thanks:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Mountain Man

Well that's me done for.

Hahaha!

Hi Jeanxx,

You won't be doing the test until Phase 3, so enjoy Phase 1. The staff are very friendly and I'll know you'll enjoy it just as much as I did.

Regards,

MM

Whats the test in P3 MM? :confused::eek:
    Hi Jeanxx,

You won't be doing the test until Phase 3, so enjoy Phase 1. The staff are very friendly and I'll know you'll enjoy it just as much as I did.

Regards,

MM

Oh phew...

Great I can go practise on my poor friends :P

Yeah Tasha I heard you get tested on handcuffing, self defense & use of a baton... Hmmm... someone correct me if I'm wrong... please tell me I am wrong... lol!

Thanks for that Mountain Man :)

Nice one!! I'm so bloody excited!! hehe..:p
    Oh phew...

Great I can go practise on my poor friends :P

Yeah Tasha I heard you get tested on handcuffing, self defense & use of a baton... Hmmm... someone correct me if I'm wrong... please tell me I am wrong... lol!

Thanks for that Mountain Man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Trebor35

Thanks Tashamc, l bet you cant wait to finall head down. Is it on till Sunday evening some time. Well hope you have a fab time and best of luck. Did you get any hint of a station yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 marymulr

I don't know if you're living in Dublin but if you are I think you can go to Joyce House & actually get your long birth cert there :)

If you're not living in Dublin that won't be any help at all! lol!

I'm sure you'll get it by next weekend though, I wouldn't worry about it! Things of that of nature are usually very prompt :)

HAPPY DAYS ..... BC arrived so I'll be heading down at the weekend :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement