Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you "Random"?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Can't we all just get along?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I hate people who think they're random and "kraaazy" - think they're deadly for watching Spongebob Squarepants, breaking silences by saying "haha cheese...", calling a pet stick Jim or Bob, wearing odd socks etc. They annoy me greatly.
    Everyone watches Spongebob, cheese isn't funny, your stick sucks and no one cares about your damn socks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭HoneyButterfly

Creature wrote: »
    Yeah that word gets overused way too much I find. I would like to be "random" in a serious chaotic insane way rather than an annoying attention seeking twat way. I'm not though.
    Agreed! People use it waaaay too much. do often think ..what did these people use for descriptions before the use of the word 'random' became so prevailant? Anyway, no I'm not random. I just like balloons

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Dave147 wrote: »
    Ok it's as simple as this, you turned what was a lighthearted discussion and a laugh into a serious thing about hatred, I do not HATE* these people, I do HATE* the labelling of themselves as random, it annoys me. That's my business.
    Yeah I said I agree with you about that but saw no point
    If you give me a reason to talk to you as a contemporary then I will, but you seem to keep missing my point, and it's getting ever more frustrating to explain it when you wont listen and are too busy trying to portray me as something I'm not!
    What's all this ...if you give me a reason sh1t.What you are trying to do there is talk down to me and I'm not missing your point:your point is you hate* people who act/label themselves random.You are the one with the agenda .Show me were I haven't listened (apart from stop posting) ,And I already said that I thought you were a nice bloke so stop saying I am trying to portray you as something you are not.I just cannot see the point to it all.
    So you've tried to turn a thread about 'random' into hatred of the jews.. Well done. This thread is doing me a bit of good, I've enjoyed most of the responses and I also feel quite liberated.
    I really didn't try that at all, it was in referance to HATE and I how really don't see the point in hating someone for being a particaular way when there are much bigger things out there to HATE
    *my use of the word hate is free flowing, if I say I hate something, don't take it so literal. I may just really dislike it..
    Fair enough .

Stop with all the crap saying I find it hard to take you seriously ,you are not listening and all that other BS .Or if I havent show me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

can i just add that drugs (and possibly jews) are bad and any drug induced randomness is errrrrrr like random and stuff

get over it

serious issues here methinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

If there's one thing that annoys me about people it's that they try so hard to be 'different' so they created this thing where they do silly things and call it 'random'. It absolutely does my head in, fair enough you want to do something silly but do you need to keep labelling yourself as 'random'? Some people will probably think I'm just being ridiculous, but it annoys the fcuking sh!te out of me!!

So for my sanity.. Does anyone else find this annoying?

potatoes

• Registered Users Posts: 30,117 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I'm random in a calculated way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

The discussion was about the usage of the word 'random'. I think this is the third time I'm going to have to say this.. I don't HATE these people. I HATE THE WAY THEY LABEL EVERYTHING THEY DO AS RANDOM. And judging by this thread alot of people agree with me. Some don't, but I'm sure other things annoy them that I wont understand.

I have issues, wouldn't call them serious though.

Now, I wasn't trying to talk down to you, maybe I come off a bit condescending but I argue in this manner all the time, it's nothing personal - so apologies if I offended you. You see if you *really* got my point entirely then there wouldn't be an argument. I posted this in After Hours due to the lighthearted nature intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,117 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

You see if you *really* got my point entirely then there wouldn't be an argument.

Visit the Internets much?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

eolhc wrote: »
    Visit the Internets much?

Haha yeah, I suppose you're right.. forgot this is online arguing! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Haha yeah, I suppose you're right.. forgot this is online arguing! ;)

Sorry mate lol i'm taking the piss tbh I am random and I love it:D
    cya Lmfao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Maybe if people roll dice every time they want to do something they'd deserve the title of "random". But until that happens, we'll just have to insert forks about 3/8s of an inch into their eyes.

Parsley wrote: »
    Maybe if people roll dice every time they want to do something they'd deserve the title of "random". But until that happens, we'll just have to insert forks about 3/8s of an inch into their eyes.

I thought Harvey Dent was random until I saw the Dark Knight and
    one of the coins he uses has the same thing on both sides.
    :eek:

I like your fork idea. Should we pick the eye at random for irony's sake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

Twee. wrote: »
    I hate people who think they're random and "kraaazy" - think they're deadly for watching Spongebob Squarepants, breaking silences by saying "haha cheese...", calling a pet stick Jim or Bob, wearing odd socks etc. They annoy me greatly.
    Everyone watches Spongebob, cheese isn't funny, your stick sucks and no one cares about your damn socks!

Mega :D You just described a girl I know in a nutshell! A scotty girl that I do not like :P

Lol +1

Edit: I wear odd socks but don't consider it random... I just do it if I can't find a matching one lmao.
    Aka most my socks.
    Damn washing machine parallel world sucks them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

id be somewhat random i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

If there's one thing that annoys me about people it's that they try so hard to be 'different' so they created this thing where they do silly things and call it 'random'. It absolutely does my head in, fair enough you want to do something silly but do you need to keep labelling yourself as 'random'? Some people will probably think I'm just being ridiculous, but it annoys the fcuking sh!te out of me!!

So for my sanity.. Does anyone else find this annoying?
    I'm random.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Actually, isn't it weird how all this "randomness" seems somewhat...regulated? Like watching cartoons, especially Spongebob. Or saying certain words, like Banana, spoon, monkey, cheese? Who decided all these "random" words that the "random" people had to say in order to be "random"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

electrobitch hit it on the head, it's completely regulated randomness. That's what bugs me about people who claim it as a 'unique' personality trait- anyone I've known who has to go out of their way to be 'random' is usually making up for the fact that they're cripplingly unoriginal.

~~cheese monkey purple penguin LOL i wanna get a hamster and name him BOB no wait EVIL BOB zomg teeehehe I AM GIR!! ~~

Gauge wrote: »
    ~~cheese monkey purple penguin LOL i wanna get a hamster and name him BOB no wait EVIL BOB zomg teeehehe I AM GIR!! ~~

Add to that yore ma, burnt lego, mustard, pedobear, I for one welcome our new random overlords etc. etc.

Plandom is a better word since it's all premeditated carefully orchestrated zaniness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Only now you're getting into internet meme/4chan territory.

The way in which a 'random' person utilises these things is to throw them in your face repeatedly as if it was the most hilarious thing they'd ever heard, a year or so after they've been done to death by the rest of the internet (see: chuck norris, all your base).

Edit: I really like the term 'plandom'.

• Advertisement

Edit: I really like the term 'plandom'.

Crap crap crap crap crap. I just checked the internet and plandom is already coined on urban dictionary. B@stards.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=plandom

electrobitch hit it on the head, it's completely regulated randomness. That's what bugs me about people who claim it as a 'unique' personality trait- anyone I've known who has to go out of their way to be 'random' is usually making up for the fact that they're cripplingly unoriginal.

Oh and:
    zomG teh cooki3 monstahh x
    or anything to do with elmo!
    spongebob is huge for this carry on also.
    cheese - yeah same for that.
    penguins - omg this annoys me.
    and "zomg!"
    Or "rawr"
    Or anything along those lines..

Gah, I need a rant :P

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭echter

I blame bebo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

I have a theory about these people: they are social retards and deal with awkward situations by spontaneoulsy shouting predetermined random words like "rubber chicken" or "i like pie" to conceal their lack of social skills. I had a mate who admitted he used this technique to break the awkward silences on first dates and to get the girl to laugh at the same time. (laughing AT him being such a tool, no doubht)

So these people are NOT cool and are just overly self-concious teenagers with little self-esteem who resort to making fools of themselves for acceptance.

I'm submitting my thesis next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Just so I'm clear, Spongebob still rocks doesn't he? Even if his name and image has been appropriated for nefarious purposes?

Just so I'm clear, Spongebob still rocks doesn't he? Even if his name and image has been appropriated for nefarious purposes?

I never liked Spongebob.. Wrecks my head!

rhapsody! wrote: »
    and "zomg!"
    Or "rawr"

Yeah whats ZOMG mean?! Whats the Z stand for I mean?

I do actually really enjoy watching Spongebob. But before it became 'wacky' or 'random' to like it. Some episodes are def geared towards an adult audience. There's jokes in there that a child wouldn't understand. Off topic a bit sorry.

I think the Z indicates excitement.
    It speeds up the OMG.

These fakers are giving genuinely logically challenged people like me a bad name.

I don't like spongebob....I love heman reruns though....thems was the days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Mr. Random

I'm pretty Random :D

Advertisement