Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you "Random"?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

a teenager told me my hair was random. should I take it was a compliment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Id just put colour in it......Teenagers and americans use the word random randomly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

javaboy wrote: »
    :mad: If my bandwidth was a little bigger, I'd crawl down the intertubes and gently* strangle you!

*gently because I know you're only saying it in jest.

Not too gentle I hope :P

Yeah I'm done saying random now. I think I got my point across quite eloquently!

@baglady, much appreciated.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

OP I can honestly say I don't know what the **** you're talking about.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No, I am an electrochemical machine that reacts to situations based on advanced algorithms that have survived and grown due to evolution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

No, I am an electrochemical machine that reacts to situations based on advanced algorithms that have survived and grown due to evolution.

Oh yeah, well I'm a cybernetic organism, living tissue over metal endoskeleton. a/p/l :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

OP I can honestly say I don't know what the **** you're talking about.

Well then I'm going to hazard a guess that you're 35+ thats the only way you wouldn't have heard all these attention seeking twats. I already said I wasn't going to say that word anymore, but it's just one of those things that grinds my gears..

By the way, you're better off not knowing what the **** I'm talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lazer Smart

People who label themselves as "random" are usually the least "random" people by their own definition. They're the people at parties wearing the lamp shade on their heads - "Look at me im so random".

Some replies to this thread shows just how rampant this stupid self view is.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

I'm 35+, and wondering is this some kind of , what used to be "non-conformist".

It was/is a safe bet that, the people who consider themselves non conformist, wear the same clothes as all their friends, and have the same opinions as their friends, and, have low opinions of people who dont agree with them, which given time, is a acutally a form of "consertiveism", granted not in a Tory right wing way.. but just as bad when they get going..

or is the OP just talking about stupit people who do stupit things to get noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

Spot on Lazer and Beal, spot on.

'Random' people irritate me due to their 'in-your-face-i'm-really-happy-and-living-life-to-the-full' attitude, when in reality they are probably the less comfortable in their own skin than others and feel the need to be 'out there' in order to cover up these insecurities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

thats_life wrote: »
    Sure if we were all the same it wouldnt be a fun world...

One..
    "We're all individuals..."
    Group...
    "We're all individuals..."
    One
    "I'm not..."

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I never thought I was random,but people kept saying I was.

I have a wild imagination, I am never bored and I feel sorry for people with begrudging posts about people who enjoy being a certain way.They are the people so uncomfortable in their own skin they have to criticise others.

OaExAJItfno"> OaExAJItfno" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350" wmode="opaque">

^feeling a little bit too random today? :pac:

You want [YOUTUBE]OaExAJItfno[/YOUTUBE]

^feeling a little bit too random today? :pac:

You want [YOUTUBE]OaExAJItfno[/YOUTUBE]

I cant get on to youtube lols
    so i used outside link:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Dave147 wrote: »
    So for my sanity.. Does anyone else find this annoying?

Not particularly. Far greater things about people would hack me off than that. Personally i do what i like when i like within reason....can't say as i worry about how other people interpret it!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

I never thought I was random,but people kept saying I was.

I have a wild imagination, I am never bored and I feel sorry for people with begrudging posts about people who enjoy being a certain way.They are the people so uncomfortable in their own skin they have to criticise others.

At most you sounds spontaneous... or wild and wacky... thats not random...

The people who you called uncomfortable in their own skins are the people who are happy in their own skins... I agree totally with their comments about the idiots out there who intentionally go and seek attention by saying... look at me im totally random.. and do stupid things like eating bread with washing up liquid...

We are not giving out about spontaneous, wild or wacky or anything of the sort.. those fun loving people are great... its the people who are attention seekers and are assh0les as a result that are the problem... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Oh yeah, well I'm a cybernetic organism, living tissue over metal endoskeleton. a/p/l :D

I see what you did there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Why did Abraham Lincoln have a beard, but no moustache?

lol, that dude was so random, they should have called him random Abe.
    "Quirky" Phoebe was my least favourite Friend. I hate people who try to be different for the sake of it.

You realise she was a fictional character, right?
    Oh yeah, well I'm a cybernetic organism, living tissue over metal endoskeleton.

FICTIONAL!

Earthhorse wrote: »
    You realise she was a fictional character, right?

So I suppose Smelly Cat was just a fictional song then? Well how would I know the words 'Hoss? How would I know the words?

FICTIONAL!

But I had to get my polarity joke in there. :o

Wait do metal pins in your leg count as a metal endoskeleton? Cos then it's true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Why did Abraham Lincoln have a beard, but no moustache?

Because he's a bad ass motherfucker. That's why.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Dave147 wrote: »
    If there's one thing that annoys me about people it's that they try so hard to be 'different' so they created this thing where they do silly things and call it 'random'. It absolutely does my head in, fair enough you want to do something silly but do you need to keep labelling yourself as 'random'? Some people will probably think I'm just being ridiculous, but it annoys the fcuking sh!te out of me!!

So for my sanity.. Does anyone else find this annoying?

hahaha:D hate these people!

So I suppose Smelly Cat was just a fictional song then? Well how would I know the words 'Hoss? How would I know the words?

It was used in an ad if I remember correctly.
    Wait do metal pins in your leg count as a metal endoskeleton? Cos then it's true!

Way to reveal your weakness to me.

*invests in ultra-magnet*

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Way to reveal your weakness to me.

*invests in ultra-magnet*

You humans. :rolleyes: When will you learn that your fighting and wars are inevitably going to lead to your ultimate extinction as a species?

At most you sounds spontaneous... or wild and wacky... thats not random...

The people who you called uncomfortable in their own skins are the people who are happy in their own skins... I agree totally with their comments about the idiots out there who intentionally go and seek attention by saying... look at me im totally random.. and do stupid things like eating bread with washing up liquid...

We are not giving out about spontaneous, wild or wacky or anything of the sort.. those fun loving people are great... its the people who are attention seekers and are assh0les as a result that are the problem... :D

They aren't even random ,it's predictable that they will do it ,really boring. like who can't do that.I love randomness though.I love the mighty boosh and I love some people for being so endearing at doing random things(then you know they are not in it for attention).I think everybody has moments of randomness and it is a word used way to often to express individuality ,when it is not.
    Randomness is a lack of order, purpose, cause, or predictability

If someone is always "random" they in turn make themselves predictable and in turn is not random any more.But i still love randomness.But it being used for the sake of being random and not funny or amusing is boring and annoying.

Randomness is a lack of order, purpose, cause, or predictability

But it being used for the sake of being random and not funny or amusing is boring and annoying.

How can something with a lack of purpose or cause be used for the sake of anything, funny or otherwise?

How can something with a lack of purpose or cause be used for the sake of anything, funny or otherwise?

This thread has a lack of purpose or cause and it is turning out like all of the other "random " threads in AH which can be amusing.

I am a flake. People percieve me as randomn.
    It isn't an act, the insides of my head just work differently than most others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

it's funny, i see that most in teenagers, i suppose still kinda trying to figure out who they are, and well... it can get annoying. funny, at that age, i was a bit of an oddball, trying desperately to be 'normal' and not fitting in at all.. figured it out later just to be me, and people could take me or leave me, but watching some of the kids that do the whole 'random' thing, and it's like they're trying to fit in by doing the complete opposite of me... and kinda failing at it too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Founding in 2006, Alticor Corporate Enterprises is a subsidiary holding corporation of Alticor's non-direct selling companies.

• Advertisement

When will you robots learn that not everything can be explained by dictionaries and neural net processors, learning computers?

Advertisement