Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you "Random"?

Options
  • 15-08-2008 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

If there's one thing that annoys me about people it's that they try so hard to be 'different' so they created this thing where they do silly things and call it 'random'. It absolutely does my head in, fair enough you want to do something silly but do you need to keep labelling yourself as 'random'? Some people will probably think I'm just being ridiculous, but it annoys the fcuking sh!te out of me!!

So for my sanity.. Does anyone else find this annoying?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

i do things that just pops into my head,yes it does scare a vast majority of people but as long as im happy im not bothered,i don't label myself as random im just me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thats_life

Sure if we were all the same it wouldnt be a fun world...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

unless we were all shakira

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just randomly swing your fists in his face. That will sort the fúcker out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

i don't consider myself like most people i know so i would think im pretty random but i know exactly the point your making, if someone just ran off down the street and took their clothes off and jumped into the river i'd call that pretty random, something i wouldn't do unless on hallucigenics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

very annoying, a person can't be "random". how is that possible? buy a ****ing dictionary idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

very annoying, a person can't be "random". how is that possible? buy a ****ing dictionary idiots

someone needs a chillpill ;)

can't afford a damn dictionary in this recession we are having!

a person who always comes up with random things nobody else thinks of usualy? or a person who always does mad things or changes topic all of a sudden and starts talking about something strange/weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's a phrase used excessively by students these days I've noticed...

It's overuse is rather irritating.

What ever happened to good old 'eccentric weirdos'?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Whenever I hear someone say "That's so random", I randomly choose a random word at random from my dictionary (published by Random House btw). For each letter in the randomly selected word, I will punch them in a random body part anywhere between the chin and the forehead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

****in hate this infantile random ****e:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

"Random" people are so damn cool they don't need to learn what "spontaneous" means.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yeah that word gets overused way too much I find. I would like to be "random" in a serious chaotic insane way rather than an annoying attention seeking twat way. I'm not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Why did Abraham Lincoln have a beard, but no moustache?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭baglady

Dave147 wrote: »
    If there's one thing that annoys me about people it's that they try so hard to be 'different' so they created this thing where they do silly things and call it 'random'. It absolutely does my head in, fair enough you want to do something silly but do you need to keep labelling yourself as 'random'? Some people will probably think I'm just being ridiculous, but it annoys the fcuking sh!te out of me!!

So for my sanity.. Does anyone else find this annoying?

wow. get over it. you ARE being ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

baglady wrote: »

You're one of them aren't you!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm with the OP on this one. I hate it when people try too hard at life. They want to be an individual, to be different, to stand out. Well they certainly stand out alright........... for being a pr*ck.

I have no problem if someone is naturally a little quirky but when people feel they have to be different and make an effort at it, that's a no no. Just quit it and get on with enjoying life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

It's a phrase used excessively by students these days I've noticed...

It's overuse is rather irritating.

What ever happened to good old 'eccentric weirdos'?

Ah here the whole idea of calling someone eccentric is so you don't have to call them weird to their face. Putting them together make no sense.

"Quirky" Phoebe was my least favourite Friend. I hate people who try to be different for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I'm just usually referred to as "the dirty old man in the corner." Is that random?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I am not random.

I am bitter, resentful and jaded however. I hate everything and the only thing that helps is a large amount of alcohol, which of course assists in being bitter, resentful and jaded the next day.

I personally hate happy, optimistic and settled people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

dsmythy wrote: »
    You're one of them aren't you!

from time to time I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Mr Crystal wrote: »
    Do you look like a dirty old man?

I don't know... ask some of the wimmens boardsies...

javaboy wrote: »
    "Quirky" Phoebe was my least favourite Friend. I hate people who try to be different for the sake of it.

True. 'I have no evolved personality of my own, so please enjoy my cultivated wackiness and randomness'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

baglady wrote: »

You forgot to write 'imo' at the end of your sentence, followed quickly by another full stop.

I think some people are missing the point.. I'm all for eccentricity, hell I'm as spontaneous as they come.. But I don't make a point of it, saying "Hey everybody, I just farted in his face, thats SOOOOO random" thats what bugs me, I'm not being ridiculous really, I just like to fart in peoples faces and not say a word.

well so sorry. i'll be sure to write imo the next time. imo of course.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Also, would you mind using capital letters when you start a new sentence too? That would just be super, thanks :) I'm so random.

Also, would you mind using capital letters when you start a new sentence too? That would just be super, thanks :) I'm so random.

Sure. No problem.

• Advertisement

I'm so random.

:mad: If my bandwidth was a little bigger, I'd crawl down the intertubes and gently* strangle you!

*gently because I know you're only saying it in jest.

Advertisement