Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcohol Bill 2008 Re: Opening Hours (merged)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

Davidius wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Why the **** are you even out at 2:30am in the first place especially if you have work in the morning? :pac:

well for me it would be cos they pay me the same wage regardless of whether i bust a lung working or spend all day lurking on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

sullivano wrote: »
    The government is closing all late night clubs from July 3rd. This means that ALL CLUBS will have to close at 2:30am Monday to Saturday, and on Sundays ALL CLUBS will have to close at 1am. No exceptions.
    You can register your protest by doing a short survey at

www.inia.ie

It may not succeed in changing anything, but it can't hurt. I'm not involved with INIA in any way but support their cause every wknd! I think these opening hours are scandalous...Do the survey!

What time are night clubs open to now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Why the **** are you even out at 2:30am in the first place especially if you have work in the morning? :pac:
    Because it's fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Why anybody would be out at 2:30 in the morning is beyond me. :pac:
    Don't most of you have to work in the morning?

Shift work.

Also, sometimes I work until 8-ish on a Friday or Saturday.
    That means I miss out on two hours drinking time.

Stupid government.

Bring back Bertie. He liked a drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

As a bouncer that mean im going to lose at least 2 hours work god damn laws.
    I joke gone to far stupid goverment:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Gardai, Nurses, Dockers, Engineers etc. etc.
    They don't work 9 - 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

there survey question ar very leading but true

2. Nightclubs in Ireland should close*:
    before 2am
    2am
    3am
    4am
    at a time dictated by consumer demand
    3. Do you think the Government should introduce sequential closing for pub/bars and nightclubs ? [ Where pubs and late bars would close at a defined time and nightclubs would close at a later defined time, staggering the number of people leaving these premises throughout the night ]*:
    Yes
    No
    4. The pending Bill imposes earlier closing times, and for the first time in over a decade, will close all late night venues [ late bars, nightclubs and theatre bars/venues ] at the same time.
    Do you think these measures will :*:
    cause a reduction in public order offences
    cause an increase in public order offences
    have no effect on public order offences
    5. The pending Bill will close every nightclub and late night venue at 1am on Sundays.
    This is :*:
    good, it helps people get up for work on monday mornings.
    not important, it doesn’t affect me.
    not reflective of the amount of people who do shift work, who don’t have to work on Mondays, and Sunday is their night off.
    6. People go to nightclubs to be entertained through music and dancing. Prior to 2003 nightclubs used to be allowed play music and entertain for 30 minutes after they stopped serving alcohol. This promotes a more gradual dispersal, and provides a positive distraction through listening to music and dancing.

Do you think that entertainment & dancing should be allowed continue in Nightclubs, after the serving of alcohol has stopped?*:
    No
    Yes

http://www.inia.ie/pages/have-your-say.php

sunday is often the best night to go clubbing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

What time are night clubs open to now?

down the country most clubs close at 2.00-2.30am

in dublin many clubs stay open till 3, 4 and in some cases later

sunday is often the best night to go clubbing
    No way.
    Thursday is.

Sunday is for day time drinking. All day.

Poll added.

• Advertisement

Terry wrote: »
    No way.
    Thursday is.

Sunday is for day time drinking. All day.
    thursday clubbing!
    what about work on friday morning (oh me head!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

OMG, This Goverment continues to manage to shock me with their gross stupidity. They want everyone to spill onto the Streets at the same time:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

We saw it the first time, you've made your feelings clear. Can you not understand some people might like to be out longer. Having the choice would be good, and you know its not compulsary to stay till the end of the night, you can leave a nightclub whatever time you want.

@ Alan Ford^
    I don't work regular hours or days.
    I work when there is work for me to do.
    Therefore I can sometimes go out on a Thursday night and not worry about the following day.

Plenty of people in Leixlip work shifts in Intel and HP (something like 6,000 employees between them) , so there is always a good crowd.

Also, it's €3 a drink in the local hole on Thursdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm all for this. I'm tired of looking at my watch and realising I've missed the last night link. Nuts to the rest of you, the government is doing it for me and my sleep. Well done "The Man", keep grinding down the hippies!

humanji wrote: »
    I'm all for this. I'm tired of looking at my watch and realising I've missed the last night link. Nuts to the rest of you, the government is doing it for me and my sleep. Well done "The Man", keep grinding down the hippies!
    Again, you can leave the club when you like. Your attitude is very selfish.

raido9 wrote: »
    Again, you can leave the club when you like. Your attitude is very selfish.
    [insert sense of humour]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Guess I'm not used to the later closing times in bigger towns, where I live the 3 places that open late are only open till 2am. I honestly think that 2 or 2.30 at the latest is totally acceptable. Thats plenty of time to get a few drinks in and have a good time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bad idea in my opinion. I also work shift, and think the Sunday thing is a terrible idea. This isnt going to stop the retards looking for fights. Its just going to force them on the streets earlier. They'll still be stupidly drunk.

Terry wrote: »
    [insert sense of humour]

Insert my dick into your mothers mouth!

Hows that for humour.

Check and indeed mate. :pac:

• Advertisement

raido9 wrote: »
    Insert my dick into your mothers mouth!

Hows that for humour.

Check and indeed mate. :pac:
    Next one gets you banned.

I've got the power (to be sung).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Close down fast food places before nightclubs finish. Most fights tend to revolve around people hanging around town for an hour getting something to eat. Then have to stand in a taxi queue when they are starting to get groggy and are more liable to be angry and lash out at someone for ridiculous reasons. I go out into town around 3 times a week most weeks to late bars/night clubs and i haven't seen a fight in God knows how long in a night club or even outside one. I see more fights outside local pubs in suburbs than i do in town.

Close down fast food places before nightclubs finish. Most fights tend to revolve around people hanging around town for an hour getting something to eat. Then have to stand in a taxi queue when they are starting to get groggy and are more liable to be angry and lash out at someone for ridiculous reasons. I go out into town around 3 times a week most weeks to late bars/night clubs and i haven't seen a fight in God knows how long in a night club or even outside one. I see more fights outside local pubs in suburbs than i do in town.
    That has been proposed many times here in Leixlip.

The thing is, people will fight if they want to fight.
    Be it in the chipper or the taxi rank or on the street or outside the nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Kiith wrote: »
    Bad idea in my opinion. I also work shift, and think the Sunday thing is a terrible idea.

You want to get rid of Sundays? But that's when I do most of my sleeping.

quote=Terry;56280953@
    Plenty of people in Leixlip work shifts in Intel and HP (something like 6,000 employees between them) , so there is always a good crowd.
    Crikey thats alot.
    I suppose its pay day on thursday for the people in Lexip helps the trade on thursdays.
    From where i live not a soul in the pubs on a thursdays but busy in the weekends.
    Also, it's €3 a drink in the local hole on Thursdays.
    Thats good,wish it is the same here,cheapest €5.10!

Firstly, most of the pubs are empty during the week.
    The only one doing good business is my local.

Secondly, it's €10 into the nightclub, so you need to be drinking quite a bit in order to make it economically viable for you.
    Thirdly, their pints taste like piss, so you have to drink bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

A good ole internet petition should sort the whole thing out to everybodys satisfaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

So everyone is going to converge and kick each others heads in, an hour earlier.

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Phier

Peared wrote: »
    A good ole internet petition should sort the whole thing out to everybodys satisfaction.

Probably not, but there may be a public protest coming up, also i'd urge any late bar/nightclub owners reading to get flyers printed up about the survey and the alcohol bill on their site & have them in their clubs come this weekend, speak to GUTN and their TDs (links on 1st page) and try to get media awareness any way they can think of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

kowloon wrote: »
    <Something to do with Hitler and Nazis>

hmm, maybe it should be <Something to do with Cowen and Liberal Democrats>

Over here there's no nanny state and we can drink when we want :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement