Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urban Dead - Online Game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

play counter strike source zombie mod then.
    valve made left4dead because of how popular zombie mod was.

From what I have seen Left for dead will be a must have.

on my way to ranson police dept now. Should be there tomorrow.

Sorry to go Off Topic but can you link me to the Zombie Mod for CS:S irishboy? Or is it a mod that depends on the maps & server? Just so i can give it a go and put it in the Zombie Modification thread. I think iv played it before though....

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

Sorry to go Off Topic but can you link me to the Zombie Mod for CS:S irishboy? Or is it a mod that depends on the maps & server? Just so i can give it a go and put it in the Zombie Modification thread. I think iv played it before though....
    If you have counter strike source go into find servers and list them by map.
    Any ZM map should be a Zombie mod server. Every server is different so look around the different ones. ( i would have written up about it myself but it changes so much between servers its like every server has its own unique mod)

Arrived in ransom, taught there would be more people there.
    Playing zombie seems more fun than a survivor. More action in the red areas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Right, I've made it to Ranson Police Dept in Buttonville. No AP left so I'll be logged out for 24 hours or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Finally got enough experience to buy a skill - I went for the free running, will be handy to get into all types of barricaded buildings. I've had a few hairy moments with low AP trying to find a building with low enough barricades to hide in ...

I'm in the Ikiff Motel in Tapton at the minute.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I have two characters, and they are both bloody zombies. How the hell are you supposed to get anywhere in this game? Every building in extremly heavily barricaded, and i end up out of AP on the street. While i like eating brains, i cant even do that well.

Kiith wrote: »
    I have two characters, and they are both bloody zombies. How the hell are you supposed to get anywhere in this game? Every building in extremly heavily barricaded, and i end up out of AP on the street. While i like eating brains, i cant even do that well.

you need to join a zombie group if you want some brains.
    I am in Extinction with my zombie. we operate up in the North west so if you want your welcome to join.
    http://extinction101.proboards100.com/index.cgi

Don't know if having two zombies is a good idea best not to have 2 in one group keep them well apart whatever you do.

I just added you irish_boy90. I'm still in the ranson cop shop if you care to add me, Deise is the name.

Roen wrote: »
    I just added you irish_boy90. I'm still in the ranson cop shop if you care to add me, Deise is the name.
    I will do it tomorrow, (hit the 160 limit already today)

we should head east to the next sub.
    No zombies where we are and well if we die we can just come back and rez so we don't have anything to loose. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Nerin is ma ingame name.
    im carrying plenty of goodies at the moment.
    but im alll alone :(

• Advertisement

Nerin wrote: »
    Nerin is ma ingame name.
    im carrying plenty of goodies at the moment.
    but im alll alone :(

where abouts are you?

Vinetown: Hartleys Boulevard Police Dept.

strongly barricaded and have a generator up and running.
    its become a bit quiet here, people are piling into this building and i checked the area earlier, no zombies around.
    had to leave osmondville, massive attack on our safehouse and when i came back it was too barricaded for me to get back in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Its gone very quiet around buttonville at the mo.

faceman wrote: »
    Its gone very quiet around buttonville at the mo.
    only one z encountered in vinetown during my exploration today.
    can you give people things?
    ive
    pistol (4 ammo loaded)
    clips 2
    fireaxe 3
    crowbar
    pipe
    fuelcan
    flak jacket 2
    flaregun
    radio
    shotgun 2 (1 with 1 shell in it)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Afraid you cant pass on items. Its a pity. They upgrade the game regularly though, it might be part of a future release.

Afraid you cant pass on items. Its a pity. They upgrade the game regularly though, it might be part of a future release.
    ah right, i was keeping some of the stuff incase people needed it. not much point having two extra axes and stuff though is there?

• Advertisement

It's a bummer, even if you drop the item and then search straight away you often won't find it.

It's a bummer, even if you drop the item and then search straight away you often won't find it.
    haha i tried experimenting with that that too :D

the ip limit is annoying. Someone else is playing from my area because i hit the limit daily.

Today they got on before me so I have to sit today out, I will get them tomorrow morning though :cool:

the ip limit is annoying. Someone else is playing from my area because i hit the limit daily.

Today they got on before me so I have to sit today out, I will get them tomorrow morning though :cool:
    i hit the ip limit too, its annoying as hell. i hit it my second day while researching/experimenting

at the moment im planning on getting to a fort.
    trying to find stuff before the trek.
    vinetown is safe enough, two police departments right beside eachother, and helpful survivors is good. mall nearby im planning on raiding soon.
    edit, feck it anyway, uber barricaded, no way in. grumble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i am in a fire station in Gulsonside. its one hell of a trek to buttonsville. my user name is martron24. i had other character but the turned. and evertime i log back in a am lying down wasting ap points to get up. so everyone hiding in plolice station there. it will take about a week to get there. ha ha this game although at first i though it was crap does have its plus sides

Started playing. My name is Tod Harking. Great name :)

If you want to bypass the IP block you can do a proxxy-blocker.

I had to kip in a random place yesterday, cant remember where and there was another paddy there. We spoke in irish for the day, which was strangely apocolyptic!

I had to kip in a random place yesterday, cant remember where and there was another paddy there. We spoke in irish for the day, which was strangely apocolyptic!

OK i just checked and im in Kinch Heights - Gibbes Drive Fire Station. The other paddy here is Sod Eire. Is he a boardsie?

OK i just checked and im in Kinch Heights - Gibbes Drive Fire Station. The other paddy here is Sod Eire. Is he a boardsie?

Hardly Sod'o swords is it ? Cant remember where I am this weather, i'm heading north west at the minute anyway.

I got bored after trying to punch a zombie but missing every time. My character must be drunk.

Whoo, finally made it to level 3.

Skills -
    * Hand-to-Hand Combat (+15% to melee attacks.)
    o Axe Proficiency (An extra +15% when attacking with an axe.)
    * Free Running (Can move between adjacent buildings without stepping outside.)

So my total axe hit percentage is up to 40%, sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Ah faceman, tis yourself.
    Yeah it's me.
    I ran out of actions points with the other fella outside and got raped sidways so i made a new lad.
    So where's ranson so?
    Can't find it on the map.

Ah faceman, tis yourself.
    Yeah it's me.
    I ran out of actions points with the other fella outside and got raped sidways so i made a new lad.
    So where's ranson so?
    Can't find it on the map.
    fifth suburb on the bottom going right from left.

Argh...I thought I was in the cinema :( Now I'm all dead. Oh well, I look forward to chewing passers-by.

• Advertisement

Argh...I thought I was in the cinema :( Now I'm all dead. Oh well, I look forward to chewing passers-by.

You can be revived if need be, i have a syringe or do a quick google for zombie revive points.

Depending on your locations, these guys do revives.

http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Randoms/index.php?showtopic=2

lads i got to ranson cop shop in buttonville and the place is to heavily barricaded and i cant get in!!!

i am now hiding in the fort building around the corner game name is MARTRON

not sure if this would make too much sense or not but anyone with radios can we tune them all into the same frequency?

and if this idea was though of already what is the frequency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Ok just started as a human. What now?:p

Slowly making my way towards the zoo at the moment. No idea why ...

Currently running at level 4.

do the levels correspond to what upgrades you got

I'm not sure if its every 100 EXP points or every time you buy a new skill TBH ? I think its with skill purchase but I cant be certain

but you need 100xp to but new skill. can you only buy skill within your category or could military buy medical and civilian skills

You can buy skills from any category. I'm guessing you started as a civilian if all skills cost 100 XP ?

If you had chosen another category, like military for example, then all the military skill would be 75 XP each, but others could be 125 XP each (Like Science)

The civilian is balanced well like that, (Civ here too) I've bought skills for most of the categories at this stage, and then spend my next 100 XP gathering time wishing i'd got something else.

• Advertisement

i have 3 charecters. 2 cops and a recon guy. ciops are good. but i really need free running skills. i got to the cop shop in buttonville to find it too heavily barricaded to get in. 2 charecters are in buttonville and one in pegton

Just added you martron, at least if that's you in Bonning cinema. I'll log out so you can add me too.

yeah thats me in bonning cinema. whats your user name? whats the advantage of adding contacts? and i only had 1 move left due to ip restrictions so i will have to go back tomorrow. i will be still in bonning cinema. i will add you then.

this is getting cool. especially when boards getting a bit of teritory .

cheers faceman for the first aid kit.

The name's Deise, I'm an army medic.
    Once you have contacts added you can use a mobile phone to send romantic text messages to one another.

The name's Deise, I'm an army medic.
    Once you have contacts added you can use a mobile phone to send romantic text messages to one another.

just added you. all i need is a mobile phone ;)

ok i added you to martron 24 contacts list. i will stay in bonning cinema

• Advertisement

Just sent you a text message Martron.

got that message. this game getting better. we should start getting organised and see if we could take a building over . a haven for board.ie

feck it i forgot i ran out of AP to make it to safety earlier, hope im not dead!!

Shoite im a zombie!!! Oh well i have loads of XP to spend!

if you can get revived i can come mand meet you with first aid kit to get the infection

• Advertisement
Advertisement