Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Urban Dead - Online Game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Vinetown: Hartleys Boulevard Police Dept.

strongly barricaded and have a generator up and running.
    its become a bit quiet here, people are piling into this building and i checked the area earlier, no zombies around.
    had to leave osmondville, massive attack on our safehouse and when i came back it was too barricaded for me to get back in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Its gone very quiet around buttonville at the mo.

faceman wrote: »
    Its gone very quiet around buttonville at the mo.
    only one z encountered in vinetown during my exploration today.
    can you give people things?
    ive
    pistol (4 ammo loaded)
    clips 2
    fireaxe 3
    crowbar
    pipe
    fuelcan
    flak jacket 2
    flaregun
    radio
    shotgun 2 (1 with 1 shell in it)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Afraid you cant pass on items. Its a pity. They upgrade the game regularly though, it might be part of a future release.

Afraid you cant pass on items. Its a pity. They upgrade the game regularly though, it might be part of a future release.
    ah right, i was keeping some of the stuff incase people needed it. not much point having two extra axes and stuff though is there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

It's a bummer, even if you drop the item and then search straight away you often won't find it.

Roen wrote: »
    It's a bummer, even if you drop the item and then search straight away you often won't find it.
    haha i tried experimenting with that that too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

the ip limit is annoying. Someone else is playing from my area because i hit the limit daily.

Today they got on before me so I have to sit today out, I will get them tomorrow morning though :cool:

the ip limit is annoying. Someone else is playing from my area because i hit the limit daily.

Today they got on before me so I have to sit today out, I will get them tomorrow morning though :cool:
    i hit the ip limit too, its annoying as hell. i hit it my second day while researching/experimenting

at the moment im planning on getting to a fort.
    trying to find stuff before the trek.
    vinetown is safe enough, two police departments right beside eachother, and helpful survivors is good. mall nearby im planning on raiding soon.
    edit, feck it anyway, uber barricaded, no way in. grumble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i am in a fire station in Gulsonside. its one hell of a trek to buttonsville. my user name is martron24. i had other character but the turned. and evertime i log back in a am lying down wasting ap points to get up. so everyone hiding in plolice station there. it will take about a week to get there. ha ha this game although at first i though it was crap does have its plus sides

• Started playing. My name is Tod Harking. Great name :)

If you want to bypass the IP block you can do a proxxy-blocker.

I had to kip in a random place yesterday, cant remember where and there was another paddy there. We spoke in irish for the day, which was strangely apocolyptic!

I had to kip in a random place yesterday, cant remember where and there was another paddy there. We spoke in irish for the day, which was strangely apocolyptic!

OK i just checked and im in Kinch Heights - Gibbes Drive Fire Station. The other paddy here is Sod Eire. Is he a boardsie?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

OK i just checked and im in Kinch Heights - Gibbes Drive Fire Station. The other paddy here is Sod Eire. Is he a boardsie?

Hardly Sod'o swords is it ? Cant remember where I am this weather, i'm heading north west at the minute anyway.

• I got bored after trying to punch a zombie but missing every time. My character must be drunk.

Whoo, finally made it to level 3.

Skills -
    * Hand-to-Hand Combat (+15% to melee attacks.)
    o Axe Proficiency (An extra +15% when attacking with an axe.)
    * Free Running (Can move between adjacent buildings without stepping outside.)

So my total axe hit percentage is up to 40%, sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Ah faceman, tis yourself.
    Yeah it's me.
    I ran out of actions points with the other fella outside and got raped sidways so i made a new lad.
    So where's ranson so?
    Can't find it on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

Ah faceman, tis yourself.
    Yeah it's me.
    I ran out of actions points with the other fella outside and got raped sidways so i made a new lad.
    So where's ranson so?
    Can't find it on the map.
    fifth suburb on the bottom going right from left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Argh...I thought I was in the cinema :( Now I'm all dead. Oh well, I look forward to chewing passers-by.

• Advertisement

Roen wrote: »
    Argh...I thought I was in the cinema :( Now I'm all dead. Oh well, I look forward to chewing passers-by.

You can be revived if need be, i have a syringe or do a quick google for zombie revive points.

Depending on your locations, these guys do revives.

http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Randoms/index.php?showtopic=2

lads i got to ranson cop shop in buttonville and the place is to heavily barricaded and i cant get in!!!

i am now hiding in the fort building around the corner game name is MARTRON

not sure if this would make too much sense or not but anyone with radios can we tune them all into the same frequency?

and if this idea was though of already what is the frequency

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Ok just started as a human. What now?:p

Slowly making my way towards the zoo at the moment. No idea why ...

Currently running at level 4.

do the levels correspond to what upgrades you got

I'm not sure if its every 100 EXP points or every time you buy a new skill TBH ? I think its with skill purchase but I cant be certain

but you need 100xp to but new skill. can you only buy skill within your category or could military buy medical and civilian skills

You can buy skills from any category. I'm guessing you started as a civilian if all skills cost 100 XP ?

If you had chosen another category, like military for example, then all the military skill would be 75 XP each, but others could be 125 XP each (Like Science)

The civilian is balanced well like that, (Civ here too) I've bought skills for most of the categories at this stage, and then spend my next 100 XP gathering time wishing i'd got something else.

• Advertisement

i have 3 charecters. 2 cops and a recon guy. ciops are good. but i really need free running skills. i got to the cop shop in buttonville to find it too heavily barricaded to get in. 2 charecters are in buttonville and one in pegton

Advertisement