Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap computer components suppliers. PLEASE read before asking "where can I buy x"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

EvrosComputerCentre http://www.computercentre.ie/

01-6233388 she'll usually arrange a good deal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 max229

check this site:

www.valtecs.com

prices are very reasonable, and although they don't have a very big selection they seem to get anything you want for you. just email them and you'll get a quotation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sweeno

another good un is www.buy4now.ie/galaxy they have big selection and prices seem reasonable.but i then went to komplett.ie and i think i will stay there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,534 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Just a quick note on my dealings with Shop4Memory: When I recently tried to purchase memory from Komplett, and they failed to respond to any attempts at communication (strange - as I'd always found them prompt and reliable in the past) I decided to give shop4memory a go, to buy some very competitively priced Rambus RAM (1x 2x256MB).

I had the RAM within two days, so was very pleased with the service. So I contacted them about buying a futher 16 of the above kits. We negotiated a discount, they were extremely friendly and prompt, and I had the remaining 16 kits also within two days, at extremely good prices.

They're based in Kildare (their Irish distributor is anyway),so I heartily endorse their service, if you're looking for some RAM. Top Notch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

www.pchealth.ie , very supprised by a few items so far....... prices generally seem good.

Antec Lanboy for €95 (c/w PSU) , elara - €112 . Worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

As the euro is out of control in value against the dollar,
    another american site i'd recommend is www.memory4less.com

I bought a new cpu, m/b, RAM and Sony memory stick pro for my digital camera which worked out about 70 euro cheaper than the likes of komplett/overclockers/JES computers.
    (note: they only sell the above as of writing)

That includes their delivery charge of $45 for a single item(charge after this goes up in increments according to weight) as opposed to kompletts 8 euro and overclockers 48 euro. Total price still worked out cheaper after calculating shipping.

Payment is by paypal not credit card, they were very helpful and courteous on the phone when they would not accept international credit card.

They are based in California, delivery takes 2 days to reach ireland.

DTL.ie have a great selection and they have many options of payment so you dont have to have a credit card.

Atlantic Ink.com offer free delivery and an extra 10% off every thurday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

these guys are pretty good, delivery is flatrate £20 for everything.

http://www.savastore.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 stuyg

Check out

http://www.gladiatorcomputers.co.uk

for PC Systems and various other components!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

I've tried www.avitos.com and now www.primus-online.de. Of the two, primus
    is slightly cheaper and delivery to Ireland is at a fixed rate of 17.49
    Euro. Theorethically (according to their help blurp), both accept credit
    card payments (always a problem with German websites) but the option was
    sadly lacking when it came to the primus checkout page. However, an email
    to their sales staff should sort that out. I ordered an Acer aspire labtop
    last year from avitos for 888 euros and it was here in about 3 or 4 days!
    However, they had a limit on credit card payments of I think 700 euros. In
    fairness, they emailed me right away and a phonecall sorted it all out. I
    think shipping was around 20 euros for the laptop.I currently have a Yakumo
    15' flat sceen on order with primus for which the website does not give a
    delivery date. Getting impatient, I emailed them and I had a reply the next
    day with their expected delivery date (still a few weeks to go, but hey the
    spec is brill for the price so I conmtinue to wait.)

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 GerryHatTrick

www.computerbits.ie

I ordered piles of stuff of these guys, including cheap DVD-Rs. Some things are a little more expensive than Komplett but delivery is quicker and cheaper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rob1927

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 zaxxon

www.complete-computer-care.co.uk
    based in northern Ireland and operated by yours truely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I just used www.hitide.ie to buy a PSU, silent fan and some arctic silver. I wanted to pick the stuff up, so the owner let me get it from his house at 8.30pm on a Thursday evening (to suit me). I was /well/ impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Just a note - www.kustompcs.co.uk are now accepting european oprders. Delivery is quite pricey (eg, £23 for a PSU), but they have some hard to find products (like nexus PSUs - which is how I found them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

Just recieved 2 Antec Sonata`s with 380w psu`s from http://www.pc-look.com/boutik/default.php .total cost incl shipping from France
    Euro 270. the whole transaction took 10 days including sending them a scan of my driving licence and a bill to prove my id and address. great service !!!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Take a look at [URL=http://]www.sjp.iwarp.com/computer.htm[/URL] for a list of all the suppliers in the back of PC Live with links and a short review.

I working now on adding all the ones in this forum also, send me more from the link on the site or here, and i'll add more :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Mr T

jes.de

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭MazdaMan

Found this lot on the back of Computeractive magazine

http://www.palicomp.co.uk/Systems.htm

Still checking if they ship to to Irl but their prices for most peripherals are cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

I always check geek.pricegrabber.com and then get an iternational shipper to ship it over to ireland for me as u wont get charged import tax if they are any good.

I got a brandnew x800pro months ago for about $450 this way.
    This is the best way to go for cheap parts, the only way in my opinion, also ebay is gr8 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dmc101

www.rlsupplies.co.uk
    Reasonable post and prices & good quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 tursiops

Hi!

I am searching for an AMD 64 3400+ for 179,72 € or less or course.
    Did you heard something like this?

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 beaky

http://www.pcdirect.ie

Check them out, they have a good range of products and good on delivery too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

www.geizkragen.de/preisvergleich/

check this (if you can struggle through the German interface). Searches suppliers in Germany and gives the prices. Most only work with euro bank transfer (only costs 0.75 euro at any bank) and many (but not all) deliver to Ireland for about €30. Prices are quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

*The below is merely my opinion - to which I am constitutionally entitled ;-)>

Word of warning on Elara, ordered some bits and pieces last Tues. morning, on their site it said quite clearly that availability was "1/2 days", got a mail after 4 days saying that the products ordered SHOULD be available in 3 weeks time. Rang and was told that my card had already been charged and I wouldn't get my refund until 3 or 4 working days.

That is NOT how e-business/retail should work, other companies seem to manage to supply goods without mis-leading and inconveniencing people....If I'd wanted to wait a month it would be fine, as it is I'm awaiting a refund and they've wasted a week of my time, plus I have another week to go until a competent supplier ships these goods.

Komplett have never let me down.....They've a smaller stock-base - but at least the DO stock what they say they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

I only had one experience with elara but I wouldn't go near them again, especially since they've abandoned their interaction board on boards.ie for about the last six months. Their prices seem to have gone up too - I just bought a hard drive from komplett, and even though i used DHL for shipping, the total was still cheaper than what elara were charging for the hard drive alone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Radix

Probably one of the cheapest in the country with quality new and second hand goods is nenaghcomputers.ie, owned by a lad called Michael McKibbin, he's dead sound too. I've never had a complaint and have ordered quite a lot from him.
    Radix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

nenaghcomputers.ie haven't exactly got a great stock range - one hard drive ffs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 beaky

Check out PC Direct, plenty of stock, you can either buy from there website www.pcdirect.ie or call to there outlet in Cork. There also quick and cheap on deliveries.

They also do repair work so support wise they know what there talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Radix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 zaxxon

complete computer care is based in northern ireland and offer even better prices

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

Found this while looking for a 20pin ATX to 24pin adapter.

http:\\www.endpcnoise.com. Postage is pretty reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

Ive found that

www.calibrecomputing.co.uk

have some of the best prices for blank dvd's, both dvd-r and dvd+r. They do free shipping to the UK and Ireland which is always a plus. They also seem to be very trustworthy and ive ordered from them numerous times without any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭davie_b

www.kaseking.de
    www.prosoft.de

cheap as chips need 2 know german thou!!!
    makes komplett look like a pile of puke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Just found this site, www.provantage.com, and its seems really cheap. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Would there be any heafty import charges when order from them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Dave6195 wrote:
    Just found this site, www.provantage.com, and its seems really cheap. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Would there be any heafty import charges when order from them?

I've found if its less than €100 you won't get charged duty - order stuff off od http://www.geeks.com no problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 derf

I know they have probably been mentioned before but these are a couple of companies that I use;

www.cybertec-computers.com (free delivery if you pay by laser and decent prices)
    www.komplette.ie (good prices but takes ages if anything goes wrong)
    www.elara.ie (a bit more expensive but service ok)

and on very rare occasions and emergencies I have used pc world, most stuff is over priced but they have a few bits that are reasonable and when nowhere else is open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Was googling something a min ago and came across these two sites?

www.pcn.ie
    www.dcbgroup.com

Both irish with some ok gear

nukem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 buck247

Hi ,

Just thought you might want to know inkclub are giving away free

ink cartridges to 1st time customers.

I get my ink from them all the time anyway cos there much

cheaper than anywhere around the rip off shops.. :mad:

Here's the deal link...

http://www.protry.com/sponsor/ink/deal/freebies/freeink.htm

Hope it helps! :)
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DSLC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

Just came across www.computeruniverse.net

German company but unlike Jes all this site translates in to english. Prices seem ok too. Unfortunately they use GLS so i guess it's hit or miss when you'll actually get your stuff delivered :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 namit_coro

Just came across www.computeruniverse.net

German company but unlike Jes all this site translates in to english. Prices seem ok too. Unfortunately they use GLS so i guess it's hit or miss when you'll actually get your stuff delivered :rolleyes:

have you ever used them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pmk19

www.pc-icebox.de

knowing german could be useful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Goosey

http://www.justmedia.ie
    http://www.mediawrite.ie

I've bought from Just Media and I have no complaints. The ink for my Epson C62 real cheap.

Goosey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

any hope of going through this and creating one or two posts with all links and relivent info ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dkc

Having read through all the posts (twice) I guess it's time to do a summary of what we have so far. Note that I have not verified the web addresses and have no personal experience of any (except komplett) so this just summarises the previous 100 or so posts...

The better ones, ie. ones that were seconded by others here, seem to be:
    www.komplett.ie
    www.shop4memory.com (no postage to Ireland)
    www.overclockers.co.uk [note: there's a separate thread on serious problems with customer support at this site]
    www.overclock.co.uk
    www.ebuyer.com (high postage)
    www.pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk (have an outlet in Kildare)
    www.pc-look.com (French, need to verify your id)

Other sites that appear to be good, ie. based on at least one post each, seem to be:
    www.munstercomputers.com (big selection)
    www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk
    www.jes-computer.de (German)
    www.calibrecomputing.co.uk (no Irish postage, cheap dvd media)
    www.savastore.com (flat delivery rate)
    www.cclcomputers.com
    www.microdirect.co.uk

There are numerous other sites listed throughout the posts. Kind of hard to tell if they are genuine posts or a spot of free advertising by people who work there. I'll let ye make your own minds up or we'll wait for more posts on the topic.

Some sites that we are generally warned away from are:
    www.scan.co.uk (unreliable)
    www.dawncomputers.com (2nd rate components)
    www.elara.ie (expensive, inaccurate stock reporting)

Note again that I may have made some minor mistakes with the web addresses (if it doesn't work, try it without www.) but the main gist of it is there. Also, if there are any hungry lawyers out there, this information is based on individuals' experiences and is not a definitive statement on the quality of any one site!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭davie_b

DSLC wrote:

worked for them Mr.palmers a prick

dara is sownd!!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement