Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap computer components suppliers. PLEASE read before asking "where can I buy x"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 stuyg

Check out

http://www.gladiatorcomputers.co.uk

for PC Systems and various other components!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

I've tried www.avitos.com and now www.primus-online.de. Of the two, primus
    is slightly cheaper and delivery to Ireland is at a fixed rate of 17.49
    Euro. Theorethically (according to their help blurp), both accept credit
    card payments (always a problem with German websites) but the option was
    sadly lacking when it came to the primus checkout page. However, an email
    to their sales staff should sort that out. I ordered an Acer aspire labtop
    last year from avitos for 888 euros and it was here in about 3 or 4 days!
    However, they had a limit on credit card payments of I think 700 euros. In
    fairness, they emailed me right away and a phonecall sorted it all out. I
    think shipping was around 20 euros for the laptop.I currently have a Yakumo
    15' flat sceen on order with primus for which the website does not give a
    delivery date. Getting impatient, I emailed them and I had a reply the next
    day with their expected delivery date (still a few weeks to go, but hey the
    spec is brill for the price so I conmtinue to wait.)

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 GerryHatTrick

www.computerbits.ie

I ordered piles of stuff of these guys, including cheap DVD-Rs. Some things are a little more expensive than Komplett but delivery is quicker and cheaper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rob1927

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 zaxxon

www.complete-computer-care.co.uk
    based in northern Ireland and operated by yours truely

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I just used www.hitide.ie to buy a PSU, silent fan and some arctic silver. I wanted to pick the stuff up, so the owner let me get it from his house at 8.30pm on a Thursday evening (to suit me). I was /well/ impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Just a note - www.kustompcs.co.uk are now accepting european oprders. Delivery is quite pricey (eg, £23 for a PSU), but they have some hard to find products (like nexus PSUs - which is how I found them)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

Just recieved 2 Antec Sonata`s with 380w psu`s from http://www.pc-look.com/boutik/default.php .total cost incl shipping from France
    Euro 270. the whole transaction took 10 days including sending them a scan of my driving licence and a bill to prove my id and address. great service !!!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Take a look at [URL=http://]www.sjp.iwarp.com/computer.htm[/URL] for a list of all the suppliers in the back of PC Live with links and a short review.

I working now on adding all the ones in this forum also, send me more from the link on the site or here, and i'll add more :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Mr T

jes.de

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭MazdaMan

Found this lot on the back of Computeractive magazine

http://www.palicomp.co.uk/Systems.htm

Still checking if they ship to to Irl but their prices for most peripherals are cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

I always check geek.pricegrabber.com and then get an iternational shipper to ship it over to ireland for me as u wont get charged import tax if they are any good.

I got a brandnew x800pro months ago for about $450 this way.
    This is the best way to go for cheap parts, the only way in my opinion, also ebay is gr8 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dmc101

www.rlsupplies.co.uk
    Reasonable post and prices & good quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 tursiops

Hi!

I am searching for an AMD 64 3400+ for 179,72 € or less or course.
    Did you heard something like this?

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 beaky

http://www.pcdirect.ie

Check them out, they have a good range of products and good on delivery too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

www.geizkragen.de/preisvergleich/

check this (if you can struggle through the German interface). Searches suppliers in Germany and gives the prices. Most only work with euro bank transfer (only costs 0.75 euro at any bank) and many (but not all) deliver to Ireland for about €30. Prices are quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

*The below is merely my opinion - to which I am constitutionally entitled ;-)>

Word of warning on Elara, ordered some bits and pieces last Tues. morning, on their site it said quite clearly that availability was "1/2 days", got a mail after 4 days saying that the products ordered SHOULD be available in 3 weeks time. Rang and was told that my card had already been charged and I wouldn't get my refund until 3 or 4 working days.

That is NOT how e-business/retail should work, other companies seem to manage to supply goods without mis-leading and inconveniencing people....If I'd wanted to wait a month it would be fine, as it is I'm awaiting a refund and they've wasted a week of my time, plus I have another week to go until a competent supplier ships these goods.

Komplett have never let me down.....They've a smaller stock-base - but at least the DO stock what they say they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

I only had one experience with elara but I wouldn't go near them again, especially since they've abandoned their interaction board on boards.ie for about the last six months. Their prices seem to have gone up too - I just bought a hard drive from komplett, and even though i used DHL for shipping, the total was still cheaper than what elara were charging for the hard drive alone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Radix

Probably one of the cheapest in the country with quality new and second hand goods is nenaghcomputers.ie, owned by a lad called Michael McKibbin, he's dead sound too. I've never had a complaint and have ordered quite a lot from him.
    Radix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

nenaghcomputers.ie haven't exactly got a great stock range - one hard drive ffs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 beaky

Check out PC Direct, plenty of stock, you can either buy from there website www.pcdirect.ie or call to there outlet in Cork. There also quick and cheap on deliveries.

They also do repair work so support wise they know what there talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Radix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 zaxxon

complete computer care is based in northern ireland and offer even better prices

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

Found this while looking for a 20pin ATX to 24pin adapter.

http:\\www.endpcnoise.com. Postage is pretty reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

Ive found that

www.calibrecomputing.co.uk

have some of the best prices for blank dvd's, both dvd-r and dvd+r. They do free shipping to the UK and Ireland which is always a plus. They also seem to be very trustworthy and ive ordered from them numerous times without any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭davie_b

www.kaseking.de
    www.prosoft.de

cheap as chips need 2 know german thou!!!
    makes komplett look like a pile of puke!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Just found this site, www.provantage.com, and its seems really cheap. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Would there be any heafty import charges when order from them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Dave6195 wrote:
    Just found this site, www.provantage.com, and its seems really cheap. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Would there be any heafty import charges when order from them?

I've found if its less than €100 you won't get charged duty - order stuff off od http://www.geeks.com no problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 derf

I know they have probably been mentioned before but these are a couple of companies that I use;

www.cybertec-computers.com (free delivery if you pay by laser and decent prices)
    www.komplette.ie (good prices but takes ages if anything goes wrong)
    www.elara.ie (a bit more expensive but service ok)

and on very rare occasions and emergencies I have used pc world, most stuff is over priced but they have a few bits that are reasonable and when nowhere else is open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement