Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap computer components suppliers. PLEASE read before asking "where can I buy x"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

Has anyone experience with www.pixelprice.com

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

anyone had any dealings with www.encom.ie ?

im in need of a monitor and they seem to be the only irish suppliers around selling a few variations of iiayama monitors

anybody bought anything from them..?

baz

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I have never used this bunch, i just noticed their ad on buyandsells website!

www.computerbits.ie

typical Irish Prices i think, but i have not compared with komplett or anyone. Anyone heard of or used them before

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

http://www.pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk/

Despite the name they are in Kildare, they price in Euros and they have free delivery.

Excellent service and nice special offers for customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

just came across this site

http://www.westmedia.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Wow you should definetly look at these guys great prices , good stocks and variety. They also do MP3 players , pendrives and more. Definetly worth a look..............

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Originally posted by COL_LOKI

Wow you should definetly look at these guys great prices , good stocks and variety. They also do MP3 players , pendrives and more. Definetly worth a look..............

Do I hear an echo ? - See my post a few mails up.

Seriously though he is right, and despite appearances the site is Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi All,

it is time for a small announcement :D

This thread is for recommendations, recommending your own company doesn't count, you have to pay for advertising on boards.ie. You stated you were not advertising and then proceeded to advertise! Contact any of the admins regarding advertising.

Regards, Gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

Elara

Don't know if they are good. Anybody know?

Just found the site today on google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Found this site the other day https://www.compgeeks.com/

They are one of the few american sites that ship internationally and I've just ordered a Radeon 9700 for 187 euro including shipping:D

The dollars great at the minute so well worth having a look. Their stock isn't great but they have a few bargins.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭M03

Just to echo a lot of what people have already said:

Thumbs Up:

Komplett.ie (Competitive Prices, Quick, Good Range)

shop4memory.com/pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk (Great Customer Service, extensive range of memory and great prices)

Marx Computers (Great Customer Service, Some nice bargains)

Thumbs Down:

Dawn Computers (2nd rate, 2nd hand components)

Will be ordering from elara.ie soon and from what I have seen and heard it will be going in the thumbs up section.

M03

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Big008.com

Found him through Ebay. Great prices on cases. I ordered a case, shipping cost $25, shipped on Thursday and received the following Monday. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 r1csm1th

Another good one is www.sccc.biz - if you ring them they will advise you on shipping costs to Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Harvey Norman just opened in Dublin. They are cheap enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Johnboy0512

FOR ANYONE WITH MACHINES THEY WANT TO GET RID OF, CONTACT TWI, TECHNICAL WASTE IRELAND WHO WILL COLLECT AND DESTROY ON SITE (IF POSS).
    IT'S NOW A LAW TO RECYCLE.
    THESE GUYS GIVE GOOD QUOTES AND SOMETIMES COST NOTHING DEPENDING ON QUALITY OF EQUIPMENT.
    KEEP THIS IN MIND

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

The most unusually named Pushing tin is fairly new, 'striving to be Ireland's number one online supplier of
    Laptops, Computers, Hardware, Software, Peripherals, Consumables & Gadgets.'

It is what it's.

PCN offer Computers, Label Printers, Components, Software, Network Solutions, Dara Protection etc but their site is very basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Guys,
    Try this german site - Even cheeper that komplett.ie
    Shipping is a little more expensive.
    http://www.jes-computer.de/

Rgds,
    Zep

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

EvrosComputerCentre http://www.computercentre.ie/

01-6233388 she'll usually arrange a good deal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 max229

check this site:

www.valtecs.com

prices are very reasonable, and although they don't have a very big selection they seem to get anything you want for you. just email them and you'll get a quotation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sweeno

another good un is www.buy4now.ie/galaxy they have big selection and prices seem reasonable.but i then went to komplett.ie and i think i will stay there....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Just a quick note on my dealings with Shop4Memory: When I recently tried to purchase memory from Komplett, and they failed to respond to any attempts at communication (strange - as I'd always found them prompt and reliable in the past) I decided to give shop4memory a go, to buy some very competitively priced Rambus RAM (1x 2x256MB).

I had the RAM within two days, so was very pleased with the service. So I contacted them about buying a futher 16 of the above kits. We negotiated a discount, they were extremely friendly and prompt, and I had the remaining 16 kits also within two days, at extremely good prices.

They're based in Kildare (their Irish distributor is anyway),so I heartily endorse their service, if you're looking for some RAM. Top Notch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

www.pchealth.ie , very supprised by a few items so far....... prices generally seem good.

Antec Lanboy for €95 (c/w PSU) , elara - €112 . Worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

As the euro is out of control in value against the dollar,
    another american site i'd recommend is www.memory4less.com

I bought a new cpu, m/b, RAM and Sony memory stick pro for my digital camera which worked out about 70 euro cheaper than the likes of komplett/overclockers/JES computers.
    (note: they only sell the above as of writing)

That includes their delivery charge of $45 for a single item(charge after this goes up in increments according to weight) as opposed to kompletts 8 euro and overclockers 48 euro. Total price still worked out cheaper after calculating shipping.

Payment is by paypal not credit card, they were very helpful and courteous on the phone when they would not accept international credit card.

They are based in California, delivery takes 2 days to reach ireland.

DTL.ie have a great selection and they have many options of payment so you dont have to have a credit card.

Atlantic Ink.com offer free delivery and an extra 10% off every thurday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

these guys are pretty good, delivery is flatrate £20 for everything.

http://www.savastore.com

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement