Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fallout [Amazon]

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

They're eating the DOGS!!!

Donald Trump 2024

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Thought this was really, really good. And I couldn't get into Fallout (4) at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Never played the games but devouring this over the past two nights. Reckon we'll finish it out tonight but absolutely loving it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭al87987

I saw that sales of the Fallout game increased 7500% since the release of the TV show.

Fallout 4 is only 5 euro on the PS4 Store which is great value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I got Fallout 4 again (previously tried it on XBox) on PS store. There is a free upgrade coming out soon for PS5/Xbox Series too. For a fiver it's worth a second shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,445 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Fallout New Vegas was considered the best game for mechanics and story, it was made Obsidian. Fallout 4 was fun but buggy due to the old engine and fallout 76 was an absolute mess at launch both made by Bethesda. They really didn’t like that Obsidian made a far superior game mechanics and story wise. The studio was hammered by bad feedback from 76 as it was a mess at launch I really wish Obsidian was given another crack at the title as they produced a far superior game and story.

I don't understand enough about games to know about game mechanics. 3, NV and 4 all felt like the same thing to me. I never understood the love for the NV story line though as the Legion was a terrible faction and so was Mr.House. Gambling as a theme was terribly overused too.

The main quest of four was very weak, NV had far better side quests though the robots quest in four was fantastic. One issue with four was the main quest and ending NV was more open and enjoyable though. Some of the expansions on both were sketchy. The one with the collar in NV was an absolute slog but old world blues was extremely fun and funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

They all had their charms and each one was a progression imho.

Settlement building was big plus for me in Fallout 4.

New Vegas was an absolute gem too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The changes made to the power armour from 4 on was a nice improvement, there were actual big suits you'd step into (like on the show) rather than just clothes you'd equip. You weren't always able to use them easily as they needed power but when you got one early in the game it made you feel really powerful. Made them look more like they were in the older games.

If the next season is set in New Vegas ( the place) it'll hopefully unruffle a few feathers, people thinking either Amazon are stupid or Bethesda are trying to remove New Vegas (the game) from cannon due to the dates and bits of history shown in the show.

Mathew Perry would have made a great spot in season 2. Could easily have worked him into backstory.

Donald Trump 2024

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,847 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Show was excellent and very true to the games. From the drinks, foods, shops, artwork, cars, etc. Even liked how they kept the music going.

NV definitely better in terms of Quests, 3 for best main story, 4 fixed rake of issues with guns and proper armour suits.

76 runs well now with all the expansions and NPCs, very different game compared to the rest, but definitely the weakest of the lot.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Just read a random comment on Reddit there which would be funny, to be fair.

Next season our daring heroes are pinned down, looks to be the end… then we hear a few notes of music, some shots ring out, and the bad guys are dead. When the heroes look up they see, in the distance, a trench coated fedora wearing stranger walking away.

That's it then, no one comments on it or overtly acknowledges it. Just go on their way

Donald Trump 2024

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭Cordell

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Abril9

I found the show pretty decent, love the games………however Maximus the character from the show horrendously bad pure nonsense

I know. They were saying that the mysterious stranger should just turn up, save everyone, leave, and no one even bat an eyelid or reference it.

Donald Trump 2024

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Lets see VATS make an appearance too!

Has anyone tried the update yet?

• Advertisement

Or Preston Garvey to show up every episode to tell them a settlement is under attack 🤣

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I liked it. Great visuals. Wasn't a fan of maximus, but we might get more on him. Some low brow humour, the waters breaking (put my hand over my mouth laughing for that one), and the presumed lack of sex ed in the brotherhood of steel. :-)

Going to be a lot of ghoul builds in fallout. Where the F is my family. :-)

Looking forward to Centarus, supper mutants and deathclaws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Just finished the 5th episode, absolutely brilliant series.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Held back on this for a bit.

Had watched first 3 episodes on release then parked it for a bit.

Thought once the Vault 31 intrigue kicked off it found it's feet, Goggins is the obvious highlight, costume design is up there with Loki. Could have done without the Brotherhood sideplot but I see why they needed it.

I only played Fallout 4 so have many questions, why didn't she give the mother some of the ghoul juice, how was she still animated ???

where did the Brotherhood suit appear from in Vault 4, thought they left it undercover back in the railway station ???

If it has been 200 years how hasn't Kyle McClaughin aged ??

Once brain Brad closed the door in Vault 31 surely her brother could have figured a way to reopen without getting into a pod ???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I enjoyed it a lot while watching, but funnily enough I have no interest at all in rewatching it, which is very rare for a series I enjoy. Like I will watch season 2 when it comes out but I don't feel any great need for it either.

I love the games and replay them regularly so maybe that's why the show felt a bit empty to me with only so few episodes

(reminds me of Starfield in a way)

• Advertisement

Prolonged exposure to fallout can turn you into a ghoul, once a ghoul the time you go feral is random (I think) but it’s thought to be inevitable. It’s why the ghouls are shunned and not usually allowed in human settlements.
    The suit could have been tracked back the way they came and Kyle could have gone into cryosleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Finished this a while back. Not a gamer, so never heard of this until this thread popped up in mad anticipation. Though I can't say I absolutely loved it, it was very enjoyable as a sci-fi/fantasy crossover. Lots of interesting world-building and characters (some less so), done with tongue-in-cheek aplomb. I'd definitely recommend it as a sci-fi/fantasy crossover, but like a previous poster stated, I don't think it would merit a re-watch. Very much looking forward to season 2 though, as its promises a lot of inventive fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

It took a couple of episodes to draw me in but I loved it by the end. Some great humour, my favourite was the fiddle music buff in the heavily guarded radio station. lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Forgot tow ever add my thoughts on this: I loved it and absolutely nailed the tone of the games while threading a really engrossing story. A bit surreal seeing as much pre-war setting as we did, but again really added to the texture of the thing. Definitely looking forward to season2 and wondering how close it'll stick with the games - especially given

The NCR seems to be extinct?

Until that it had seemed the show was sticking with the canon of the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm not quite buying their reasoning there, seems like a reductive way to build the world.

It's my one complaint of Bethesda era fallout though: nobody has built anything, even after this time. Everything's still full of shantytowns, and I guess this is gonna extend to the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

When the two guys were in quarantine before being allowed to enter vault 4, the leader said they had found Maximus' armour and were bringing it to the vault for him.

re Hank McClane not aging, the way I took it up is that all the vault leaders came from vault 31, which is were the vault tec staff had been kept frozen since the bomb was dropped. Whenever vaults 32 or 33 needed a new leader Bud Askins would thaw one out and sent them to the vault in question.

I only played Fallout 4 so have many questions, why didn't she give the mother some of the ghoul juice, how was she still animated ???

I think past a certain point you can't revert the effect or turning into a ghoul; and what good would the juice have done, her mother was gone & beyond saving. while the radiation in this universe prolongs life - Goggins' ghoul survived gunshots easily enough because of his abilities.

The developers themselves have said that it was never clear in the game. People are getting way too tied up on “cannon” that is not consistent in the game. The whole concept is ridiculous and runs with it. I’m really not sure what people complaining about that wanted.

This has got nominations for 16 Emmy Awards; nice one. Needless to say a lot are for "technical" awards relating to FX, costumes etc. but Walton Goggins got a nom. for best lead actor, while the show itself a nod for best show.

Advertisement