Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout [Amazon]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks like this has already been renewed for a second season; have certainly seen a good degree of promotion of this compared with other Amazon shows of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users Posts: 24,387 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Goes live at 1am. I heard it was all 8 episodes together which I'm not a fan of.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Watched the first episode and really enjoyed it.

All episodes were dropped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Episode 1 was a blast, it packed a lot in! It looks absolutely fantastic as I was kind of expecting. Music choices also top notch. Pretty gorey in places. Will definitely be watching more this weekend!

Really enjoyed it and it was way more x-rated than I expected. Good to see they are not too worried about trying to please a general audience.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Great first episode. This show is going to be big for Amazon I think. As someone who has sunk many many hours into almost all of the fallout games (avoided the MMO cash grab) this lived up to the hype. Looks really good (power armour amazing). Every dollar is on the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Tried the games but wasn't quite for me. Loved the aesthetic though. Watched the first episode and loved it. Looked spectacular. Must have had a big budget. Nice albeit brief reunion with Boyd and Limehouse. Didn't expect it to be as gory but thats great. The setup is there and really looking forward to seeing the rest. Great first episode. Goggins never disappoints.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭jj880

Watched 2 eps. Really good. Ive never played the games but my son has and hes really into it so looking to watch more episodes asap. Goggins took Justified for me. Just has that screen presence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Only watched the first episode but so far excellent. They have really captured the essence of the Fallout games imo, the music, the visuals, etc. A bit more violence than I was expecting but when you look at the games that's only to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Watched two episodes. First one made me think, oh another tv series that uses gratuitous violence for click bait views.

But then got into it in the second episode. And it's getting a lot better.

The absence of familiar technology (i.e. it's nuclear powered, analogue tech, and Frankenstein health care) is really very refreshing. Was getting Bettlejuice vibes from The Ghoul.

Can't wait to watch the rest.

I can imagine that someone is paying big bucks right now for a Skyrim, Elder Scrolls adaptation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Watched the first two, looks great and really nailed the feel of the game world. The violence and gore suits the world and is authentic to the game. Walton Goggins fantastic as alway.

Love the wide eyed "golly gosh" take on vault dwellers.

Really reminds me of constable Benton Fraser.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Watched all 8 episodes in one sitting, loved it. They really nailed the games and the cast are great.

Halo - and most adaptations - could take notes from this and Last of Us.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Their "Rings of Power" and "Wheel of Time" crew could learn from this

Satisfy your core audience and build from there. You have a valuable IP because of that audience.

My wife knows of it only because she has seen me play the games and liked the misic she heard.

She's absolutely loving the show.

Lead character is a woman who is written just as a vault dweller would be. Outside regular basement dwellers there's no chants of "girl boss" or a studio blaming sexism on any criticisms (admittedly I'm seeing little to no actual criticism). EDIT: Hell the secondary character is black and not a single case of racism claims. Just good writing, characters, and internal IP consistency

It's so bloody refreshing to not see that vitriol everywhere I look

My only issue is I keep imagining Star Trek: Prodigy and Gwyn

Post edited by Norrie Rugger Head on

That’s because in the game you could pick your character and design them, they could be a man or a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Would love to see same production team take on a Bioshock or Dishonoured series.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Doesn't matter though.

Wheel of Time and ROP bith have existing characters which the fan base were excited to see but the showrunners pissed all over the core material.

Fallout, Last of Us, and Reacher (as a simiar example) are all respecting their base lore. Fallout is even managing to tell an original story within the universe

They are being acclaimed on all sides as opposed to the shows which have just taken an existing name and run their own fanfiction against it.

Post edited by Norrie Rugger Head on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Bioshock is done right could be phenomenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,569 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I Must say this is really good. I love the way the Title is slightly different everything time too when it comes on.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ella Purnell suits the part too, the wide eyes innocence really suits the vault dweller fish out of water role. Aaron Moetens disillusionment is suited to Brother of Steel character as well. The whole thing is right on the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I'm a few episodes into this now I'm very impressed with it so far.

With the PS5 patch coming out at the end of this month I'm really looking forward to a new playthrough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭nachouser

Okey-dokey, bring on Season 2.

Post edited by nachouser on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Genuinely disappointed that that genocide-denying twat is in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'm not a gamer, so had no clue about the games.

Watched the show based on recommendation from friend.

Was impressed. Love the humour in it, and show very good overall. Some great effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭nachouser

I've edited my comment so it doesn't go off topic:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Ah yeah, not my intention either. And to be fair to the producers he would have been cast, maybe even finished filming, long before October 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭victor8600

Finished watching the show 15 minutes ago. It's brilliant, the visuals are right, the writing is great, and quite original. I mean I wouldn't mind a straightforward replay of Fallout 1 to 3 in a cinematic form either, but I am glad they created this story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭jj880

Excellent finish with some great reveals and twists.

Cant wait for season 2.

Advertisement