Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭obi604

Regarding a 2018 40kw leaf

Does it by default come with 6.6kw charging?

Does it by default have wireless mobile phone charging in the centre tray?

Post edited by obi604 on

• Registered Users Posts: 33,264 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have a 2019, and my answers would be yes, and no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Would anyone have recommendations for replacement front tyres for a 221 40kW leaf there are readily available around the Dublin area? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭sh81722

I bought some Goodyear EV specific tyres from tyreland.ie . They come to fit them at your home/workplace too. Not affliated with them, just a happy repeat customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,264 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Would you mind giving an idea of cost of that service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭obi604

I can't remember exactly. But the price per tyre was very similar to oponeo etc when you add the price per corner for fitting and they were very quick to quote and answer questions. The last time I used them was either very late in '22 or early '23.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

You need 255/45 R17? I have a brand new pair (2) of Goodyear Vector 4Season tyres from Oponeo that arrived a few days ago. Still in their packaging. I won't be fitting them any time soon because I also picked up a replacement set of alloys with Dunlops and with 90% of thread on the tyre.

I usually get Atlas fit tyres for around €10-15 per corner. The tyres cost me €240 delivered. You can have them for €220 if you want to collect them. I'm in the North Dub subs. PM me if you want them.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭cannco253

Has anyone had the car alarm go off randomly on their Leaf? Funny how ours just passed the NCT and now this started happening.

Could it be the 12v battery or even the battery in one of the key fobs that could be causing it? No error messages showing for either at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭jasonb

i had this issue once, it turned out to be a spider! It was inside the car and setting off the sensor. If you can see any spider webs/cobwebs near the air vents or windscreen that might be the culprit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭ltd440

Happened to me too, it was driving me nuts for about a week till one morning saw the little git.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Do Leafs not have 12 bars, its described as having "9/10"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,714 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The 40 kWh battery tends to start to have issues when past 150k if DC charged regularly and this one has 190k (115k miles). Probably exactly why it's available second hand now. Would only make sense to buy that at a low low price.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

just done our first nct from new (55K) passed no problem at all only thing done to that car was 2 new tyres on the front and some screen wash happy to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭zzap64

I just lost the first battery bar on my 30kWh 2017 LEAF 😭. Not too bad for the km driven though.

Seems to be. I guess I got a good one and try to look after it.

It will need a new battery before the end of the summer. Car is telling lies. Obviously.

Stay Free

• Advertisement

This is probably the best spot to post. I picked up a set of the cheese grater type alloys for my 2018 Leaf for a great price from a breakers. So, the wheels that came with the car are not needed. I sold one on adverts and I am keeping one as an emergency spare….I have been caught out before with an old Leaf and a blow-out, so I now keep a spare always.

I have 2 remaining, so if anyone wants a spare Leaf wheel wit a tyre and TPMS, I am selling each of them for only €75 each.

I can confirm they fit on any Leaf. The chap that took one as a spare fitted it to his sisters 2015 Leaf who got stuck in the Phoenix Park after a blow-out last Sunday. She had 16" alloys on hers. These are 17" OEMs.

For newer Leafs 2018+ with TPMS, you can reset the TPMS from the dash and this will calibrate whatever is fit on the car. It can take a few hours to calibrate by driving after the reset.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭creedp

Need a replacement passenger side headlamp and whatever that part to the rear of the lamp is called for a 2016 L30. Looking on ebay etc but just wondering where people source used parts for the Leaf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Ya, need a passenger side rear light here too and not sure where to start looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭ltd440

Have you tried partfinder.ie

EV Breakers in NI. I have found them to be pretty good. The site is a torment to use, but a quick email, or call will do the trick.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 21,714 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

My 2011 leaf passed its second NCT in my ownership today without issue. It's 13 years old now and firmly in the bangernomics category but - of course - no money needed spending on the car to pass the test. Hasn't even lost a % of SOH, let alone a bar, either, in my ownership. That being said, I baby it. It's rarely charged any faster than 2kW.

My only "gripe" is that the NCT cost is nearly half the annual motor tax cost at 55e vs 120e!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,669 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Having a few issues at the moment. Wouldn't go into gear yesterday, gave some strange error but after a power off/on she got moving, plugged in last night, she didn't charge at all. Tried this morning and my wallbox was showing 1.8kW charge speed which jumped to 8.4kW and back down to 1.8kW. It bounced between these 2 figures for about 20 minutes, changing every minute or so and settled on 6.6kW constantly for the remaining 40 minutes, after 1hr she took on 4kWh

Wallbox is charging the Tesla fine. My instinct is telling me it could be a 12V problem as it hasn't been changed in at least 3 years when I bought the car 2nd hand (182 reg 40kWh) but just want to know did anybody have a similar problem that was fixed by changing the 12V?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭_ptashek_

Ever since we got our Leaf I was interested in what real-life charging losses look like (difference what the charger uses, and what ends up in the battery). Saw numbers as high as 15%+ flying around. I did some measuring over the past few charges, taking into account battery SOH and charge difference pre-/post-charge from Leaf Spy. For the 40kWh pack, charging losses are almost exactly 10% (9.94%).

EDIT: This is based on domestic 6kW AC charge (and Hypervolt 3.0 charger)

Post edited by _ptashek_ on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Does anyone know where to get the leaf spy lite app? Or does everyone pay for the pro app now?

Advertisement