Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭sh81722

That car is only about 2 years old. How can that even qualify to a scrapping scheme? It would have covered 150k on both years.

Just to put this in perspective: Back in the day when Finland had high registration taxes which did not apply when a car was bought for professional use, a 3 year old Merc diesel with 300-400k on the clock was still worth about the same as it cost to the taxi man. So the owner driver was able to move on to a new car with a very small money. The old 200D then continued its life in private hands for the next 15 years when it was then ready to be scrapped having perhaps 600-800k on the clock.

Scrapping any car, let alone an EV, at 2 unless it has a terminal fault that would cost too much to remedy is just plain waste of resources. But in context of this thread: I believe that a 2 year old Nissan Leaf with 300k odo probably would need serious help batterywise and therefore perhaps genuinely be ready to be recycled. In case of any other EV with thermally managed battery I doubt that would be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭creedp

Agree with all that but would add that any Govt sponsored scheme intending to support the electrification of the national Fleet that requires the scrapping of a 2 year old EV is a disgrace.

Another bullet point on my list to discuss with politicians (especially Green candidates) calling to my door over the next while

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

thanks for this info Niman, its very helpful. Most of my commute is at about 80-90kph so the Leaf would do well at those speeds.

May not be able to charge every single day as the parking in my estate is not designated. So I just want to cover myself to be able to do two commutes up and down on the one charge if it is necessary. There is an EV charger at work but Im not yet sure if its available to all staff or only management, I suspect the latter and its only there at as a sop to greenwashing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,002 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Definitely enquire about the work charger. We have some too and open to everyone. Of course its a box ticking exercise for a lot of companies but no reason it should be open to some employees and not others. You could nearly call that discrimination!

Yeah Leaf at its most economical if kept under 90kmh. Afaik, once you start to hit 100km and above, that's when it's not as efficient as other evs.

But my commute would also have a section of 100kmh road too. Maybe 7 or 8km of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭circadian

What is the correct app to register the car? I'm under the impression that NissanConnect EV allows preheating the car etc. I've gotten as far asn registering the VIN but then when I get to the part where you have to turn the car on then off after a minute, it never shows up on the site, I just get the spinning wheel of doom. Car has connectivity too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭myfreespirit

Nissan Connect Services on Google Play Store is the one I use for a 2021 Leaf.

However, I can't log in to it just now, for some reason.

Does that allow for preheating the car etc? I heard one of them works for this and the other doesn't.

Incredible end user experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭myfreespirit

Yes, you can turn on climate control using that Nissan app.

Incorrect VIN, yay! Thanks for the pointer though.

Alright, can anyone help me with this app business? I swear to God it's the most convuluted, terribly documented process.

2019 Leaf, I enrolled the car successfully at https://ie.nissanconnect.eu but when confirming ownership it times out. I turn the car on, off etc, several times.

I then tried the other app, created an account and I get incorrect VIN number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Has somebody else got that VIN enrolled? Previous owner?

Maybe? It seemed to enroll for me fine on the other site, maybe I'll remove it from there and try on the other one.

Nope, just checked the website, it's for the ConnectEV app so I enrolled on the correct site, it's just not completing the ownership process.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Could well be a previous owner on the system. I've come across this before with second hand cars. Had to get them removed by the dealer. Even silly things like eFlow registration were blocked because the car was registered under another account.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭_ptashek_

Had the same with my leaf. Previous owner never deregistered. Nissan Ireland customer support sorted it out within 24h after being sent the car details from the registration screen, and proof of ownership. No issues since.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Pekarirska

customer.service@nissan.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭obi604

Hi,

Did anyone here go form a 24kw to a 40kw Leaf?

If so how did you find the experience?  especially from a range point of
    view - I guess the 40 gives you roughly twice the range 

From what I see, the 40 Leaf is just like a facelift on the outside, but most stuff on inside looks relatively the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

We have had two 24kWh Leafs with the latest one selling only a few days ago after I purchased a 40kWh Leaf. It has a state of healt at 88%.

Range wise, I can't say much, as it was only driven from Cavan to Dublin (120km) with the battery at about 80% and it made it back with maybe 10%. The Leaf is known for poor motorway range and it was driven at average of 115kmh on the motorway. I dropped it into a bodyshop soon after to get the bodywork back to new and it hasn't been used yet.

It is essentially the same car inside with some changes to the dash and infotainment. Steering wheel is a bit busier too. The e-pedal adds some nice regen you will quickly get used to coming from a 24Leaf.

The SV Premium or the SVE has the 360 camera view which is always a nice to have. The one thing I miss is the sunglasses holder from the 24 😫

corrected SOC typo

Post edited by ...Ghost... on

Stay Free

• Advertisement

thanks ghost. So 120km of motorway at 115 kph used 80% battery. Is that what you expected? Or to be a bit better.

It was actually about 80% SOC when leaving. I corrected the post.

On the motorway, I wouldn't have expected any better. In the Leaf 24, I would usually keep to around 90-95 on motorway.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Just recently switched from a L24 151 Tekna with 80,000km 11 bars to a L40 221 SVE. Night and day on range - more than double what we were getting. Personally I'm way happier with the experience:

1. Media experience transformed with Android auto and getting away from the old dodgy touchscreen
    2. Lots of other nice gadgets like adaptive cruise control, lane assist, e-pedal (big fan), video rearview mirror, way more driver info on screen, parking sensors, folding mirrors etc
    3. Defo more power than before
    4. Back to having an app again and so far this one has behaved perfectly
    5. It's a lot more normal looking! (I didn't hate the L24, but for sure it's a strange looker)

All of the above plus it still feels pretty familiar as a car to sit in.

Brilliant reply. Thank you. Is the lack of Chademo a bother point? Or do you even public charge much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

With previous Leaf I think we used Chademo maybe 4 or 5 times in the 7 years it was ours for. It's our second car but most driving for us is Dublin/Wicklow area in this car. But now with the extra range I'd go further. Boot is surprisingly decent - we were away for a week recently and got 1 big case, 2 cabin cases, 5 back packs and coats etc comfortably into it. Aren't there ads online of people developing CCS<>Chademo adaptors or is that dodgy territory?

You are correct that CHAdeMO adapters are very much on the way. I think you can already buy one for around €1500.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

for chademo, the existing network has been adequate and luckily rarely had an issue with any charge point. throughout the year i'd say i use chademo about 10 times where i need, probably handful of othertimes cause it was available … in a shop or scuttermacs etc. Just following the old rule of ABC during the days it was free. (always be charging).

Just plan journey, check plugshare to find the charge points along your route and who is the provider. Check their specific apps ensure they are working before you set off and always have a secondary option along the way with noting any AC's nearby should the worst happen.

after the early adopters test and more iterations of the adapters come on stream it will be a game changer for anyone with the chademo connection (its not just leaf's but mostly is). it is possible to covert to CSS, but bit costly considering the news of the adapter coming to market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Just following the old rule of ABC during the days it was free. (always be charging).

Glengarry Glen Ross 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Nermal

What's the oldest model left that still has some support runway left on the app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭sh81722

Very late 2015 30kWh cars with the updated Nissan Connect compatible headunit. The first non-imports were registered in early 2016 if I remember it correctly.

Advertisement