Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 World Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Jones not able to punish Wilson's mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,183 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Jones again leaves arena..

• Registered Users Posts: 45,361 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Are they not allowed, or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Terry Griffiths apparently has got the dementia now. Might have it a few years when he said he had made his final trip to the Crucible about 6 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Jones looked at sea on that shot on the rest

Jones playing like a club player

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

3-0 Wilson, Jones will need to dig in like he before or it will be an early finish tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Jones was 3-0 down against Bingham, should have been 4-0 down, and came back, so you never know. But the law of averages, says he can't keep coming up against players who play poorly.

Wilson has played good all tournament, so you never know but it'd be some collapse for Wilson not to stay on the front foot from here.

We haven't had a real blow out final in a long time. Ok Wilson was well beaten in 2020 and even Higgins in 2019, but I mean 18-5 or 18-3, you'd go back to Jimmy in 1993 or Parrot in 1989

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Given how Jones doesn't really have the ability to kill frames quickly it will be hard to see a way back, albeit there's a long way to go.

Wilson is exposing Jones so far for the average player he is. This could get very embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭BQQ

Could be the lowest score ever in a final
    Even a whitewash not outside the realms of possibility

Well, you'd want Jak to get a few frames on the board anyway. The lad has been honest about his matches and this is a huge pay day for his career. Probably buys his house, this weekend.

Jones had a tougher route to the final, could just be a case of luck running out.

Ah here, that was a stinking miss by Jones on the red, even by his average standards. If he had got it, he had no position on a colour. His long pot success rate remains at 0%.

He's handed this frame to Wilson now.

5-0.

Wilson is punishing his mistakes, if this against Bingham I wouldn't count him yet, but Jones hasn't shown the ability to win frames quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fran38

All over now. The only way Jones can come back is by winning 1/2 visit frames. As mentioned already, that's not going to happen.

Ronnie, Trump must be sickened. Even White must be thinking "I got to 6 finals & this Wilson guy is gonna be world champion".

Kyren is on a century break and counting. 6-0. Embarrassing stuff. Jones had a couple of attempted pots(at least), missed both of them. He hasn't potted a ball for maybe 3/4 of an hour or more.

Edit: A break of 125.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭rolling boh

This could be over with a session to spare hopefully not but looks like Jak can only make it respectable at this stage .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,459 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

In sympathy from the looks of things so far….

What an implosion. Plus Jones not going on the practice table and arguing on his phone at the interval. Sounds like he has done everything wrong to get himself set mentally.

It is worse when you think Wilson has given Jones plenty of chances.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Desperately needed that fluke, will have to take advantage of it though.

Even White must be thinking "I got to 6 finals & this Wilson guy is gonna be world champion".

That's what I was thinking. I was looking at runners-up who never won, and White is top of that list. Wilson is not a World Champion in my view, no matter what happens here.

Jones has finally potted a red. And it was a fluke, rattled the jaws of the corner pocket and went across the table into the opposite corner… and immediately fell apart. Got another chance and made a break of 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,459 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I don't know why Jones did not go for a strategic toilet break.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I don't know, did I hear Chris Henry is his coach? Whoever is in his corner should have been advising him to use the interval on the practice table.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Well its his 2nd final to be fair to him.

But yeah he'll have only beaten 1 player in the top 30 to be world champion.

Si, Trump and Bingham must watching this thinking how did he beat me.

That's not true Hazel. "But he(Jones) has just not got going in this final so far, he hasn't been allowed to. Wilson has been ruthless so far."

Jak has had chances in several of the frames, but he's taken none of them. He hasn't made a single long pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Hopefully he gets off the mark here .

• Advertisement

Jones has his first frame on the board, barring snookers. A break of 65. That's his ballpark for a big break. He played some good shots and has a avoided a whitewash for the session.

7-1. A mountain to climb still though for Jones.

Advertisement