Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 World Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭rolling boh

The winner should be thanking Stuart Bingham for knocking Ronnie out .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Look at this break. Wilson has made 4 tons in 14 frames, not many club players will do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Wilson(the winner) should be thanking John Higgins for knocking Allen out.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Some break by Kyren, probably happy enough to pick up every second frame from here.

He hasn't got bogged down in Jones game like the others he played.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Wilson is a good player, look at some of his break building. Jones positional play is not up to it

• Advertisement

Wilson is so relaxed he can have banter with the audience, something he wouldn't normally do. He surely he knows this is in the bag already, barring a catastrophic collapse. Handiest tournament run anyone could ever ask for.

Unforgivable miss by Jones on the black. He is so lucky Kyren has run out of position on the 3 reds in the centre of the table.

It's a miracle. Jones has potted a long red. It was a good pot, even if it did wipe its feet on the way in.

The match may be already over, but if Jak had missed the red down the cushion(another good pot) it definitely would be.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Just not good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

"He's on nothing, can you believe it?" Yes John, their positional play is terrible.

EDIT: Jones is in…one visit win??

"There's only 5 in it now." - Hazel Irvine

You make it sound like it's nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jams100

The amount of empty seats 😶

Would you stop talking about something that hasn't happened(yet maybe)? Shaun talking about the deficit being only 3 going into tomorrow.

We're witnessing something very rare. Jones winning in one visit and possibly getting a century break.

Nah, no century.

That was Jones' first one visit frame win in the final and the semi-final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Jak wins next frame makes it interesting.

Good response by Jones

Needs a big drop off from Kyren

Was expecting the worst, but it hasn't been a bad final

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Three Century club seats empty beside Jak. Prawn sandwich brigade, but the money's paid a year ago.

Kyren has broken down in his break. Big frame and excellent chance for Jones to reduce the gap to 3 frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭sully123

Find shawn Murphy very difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭Xander10

Brilliant black under pressure.

Good break by Jones under the pressure. A few of the balls barely went in, hit any harder and some would have missed.

Wilson only needs 1 snooker here.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭maximus15

full of crap . On what planet is been 3 frames up after day one in world snooker final missing the boat . His phrases at times are nonsensical .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Painful commentator especially when you have Hendry wasted in the studio providing the spoofery in between frames. Reverse the roles since Murphy is more suited to bull crap. Anyway Jones is winning me over here. Think I'll cheer for him now but years of cheering on Jimmy White means he probably wouldn't want me in his corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,183 ✭✭✭✭walshb

score??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,459 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Jones making an eejit of himself. Did the same v Bingham instead of rolling the ball over the pocket when his opponent needs a snooker. He wallops the object ball. Also gives a chance of going in off with the white as well. I don't get it. Winds me up because it is so senseless.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

That was a massive swerve to try and make. Bad mistake in my opinion by Jones.

This could be a killer blow for Jones if Wilson wins this frame.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

lads giving out about Virgo: Don’t watch on BBC.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Legend for me. Kyren looking nervous. That was a wild attempt on the pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭Xander10

I hope Virgo has taken his blood pressure meds

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Agree. Long straight yellow, roll it over the pocket. No absolutely melt it at the pocket.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Thank #### John and Shaun hopefully won't be on commentary tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭sully123

What a great frame!

Advertisement