Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

Threw it away

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Supposed could of been worse and lost the game

Clare licking there lips now plus Tipp having 2 home games one in which could be against an eliminated Cork team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Jesus if ever a draw felt like a defeat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Jizique

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Some gut punch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭LetticebCivil

Conceding 28 scores to that Tipp team is not good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭decies

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭siyo

True.

We should have hit 3-27 ourselves, 5 or 6 v poor wides.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭spideyman92

Consequence of losing Prunty so early on maybe.

Few dropped frees and shots that stick in the mind though.

Lots of crying about James Owens but feel he was very poor for both sides overall. I was at the other of the North Stand but clips I've seen of the Tipp goal looked to be a square ball. Lots of questionable calls for both side imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Motivator

all the talk of progressing through Munster, things don’t look great now. A scrappy performance that somehow yielded 3-21 and yet we still couldn’t get the result.

I’m sorry to say, I think that’s us gone now. The chance was there tonight to go through and we didn’t take it. Going to Clare and Limerick needing a result isn’t favourable and even with a win on the board I think Tipperary are probably favourites over us to go through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Absolutely sick after that. Such a tough game and to be 4 up after 70 it certainly feels like a loss right now. Some very bad wides by us but so had they. With Limerick and Clare away to come, it feels like it’s out of our hands so it’s a missed opportunity to have 4 points. Great effort by both teams I suppose. A right battle.

Were any other season ticket holders completely surrounded by Tipp fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭decies

when was the last time we scored 3-21 in championship and lost ?Going to have to probably get favours from others or draw beat Clare .

In 205 there was a bit of a mix alright

On the main championship forum people suggesting Limerick will throw the game against Cork

At the start of the year we would of took '3pts out of 4' from our first 2 games. Daunting looking at our last 2 games and possibly could be spend like we were going into game 3 in 2022. Davy will want to get one over on Clare vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭914

Left it behind us alright and it's a bit disappointing but qualification is still in our hands, yes two very difficult away away games, but one win and we might be in a Munster final never mind just qualifying.

Just need to treat the next game as our most important game ever give it a lash and see what happens.

we need a result from one of our last 2 games, no 2 ways about it

Look tonight was a missed opportunity but we rode our luck a bit too and lucky to be still there with all the chances we missed
    there’s about 60 hurling clubs the county, there’s surely one who has someone that can put frees over the bar

it’s hardly us gone either though in fairness, I do think we are capable of turning one of Limerick or Clare over on a given day. It just means that given Day has to come in the next couple weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LohansRedHelmet

Tipperary point difference is like an extra point to ye at the moment. The 15 point defeat to Limerick could well haunt them

Jesus this thread is pure depression, go back a few pages and pre championship it was warrrented but people are still complaining after beating cork and drawing to tipp. Ye will still be complaining if ye beat Limerick by 10 points and saying only a 20point win is good enough. I’d say if Davy delivers silverware ye will still find a reason to complain

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Tipp need to beat Cork and/or Clare, or draw both. I wouldn't say that's a foregone conclusion by any means. Cork need to pick up at least 3 points from their last two games. I'd still prefer to be in our position than either of theirs.

Agree with the sentiment that tonight was a point dropped though.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭waterfordgirl

3 points after 2 games, its a successful year already. Thats the best Waterford have ever done in the round robin format.

They should really have won tonight, but I'm still quite happy!

• Advertisement

that’s good perspective

and it’s hard to be critical of players after a game like that. They all laid their bodies in the line. We can’t ask for anymore

Ah would you feck off. Yes we’d have taken these results a few weeks ago but we’re entitled to feel disappointed at having missed an opportunity to have almost certainly secured third spot.

Big difference to a few weeks ago! Nobody criticising Davy and tactics now.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Liam Cahill celebrating to the crowd according to RTE, does he have a right to be bitter towards Waterford ?

https://www.rte.ie/sport/hurling/2024/0504/1447353-tipp-rise-for-death-bed-to-salvage-walsh-park-draw/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

its a big result for tipperary in fairness after last week , but i hardly doubt he was trying to wind anyone up , great moment at the end of the game between fitz and liam , especially after nearly going to blows at half time

on the game its self i was very impressed with waterfords second half performance , and what has a lot of clare people sitting up this evening was just how direct ye were again today , its going to be an interesting afternoon in two weeks time by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

He acknowledged the Tipp fans at the end… what? The gaynors in particular- his wife’s family

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Mulbert

What happened to Prunty he was taken off?

Thought the full back line did well overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭celt262

Apart from so many dodgy decisions during the game for both sides that "free" to equalise at the end looked like he tried to lie into Deburca but he was to smart to fall for it and held his arms out and the player just fell to the ground.

Waterford and Ennis dont go together and as much as id love a win/draw up there its hard seeing it happening

Never know and by this time next week the Munster Championship could get another 'shock'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

the round robin dose not favor the home team remember that 😉 , its 65% in favor of the away team since being introduced , something like that anyway

while the first half was error ridden i was very impressed with that second half , it will be tit for tat as they say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭914

I don't think anyone is complaining about the style of play or tactics.

I think people are disappointed being 4 points up going into 70 minutes and ending up drawing, that's a fairly natural reaction.

I for one are happy how we are playing, and all I ever ask to see is a clear plan and everyone trying their best and that is what we have seen in the last two games.

3 points on the board is a good return, and it's still in our own hands to qualify, a win in either of those games could even land us in a Munster final.

We could also lose both and go out but if we continue to play like we have done I would be reasonably happy.

That's now us undefeated in our last 3 championship games, like that is really positive.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Advertisement