Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Pudz2180

A good weekend for us without even pucking a ball. A win Saturday and limerick beat cork the following weekend and we will have one foot in the all Ireland series. Of course lose and we are up against it. I am very wary of this game on Saturday. I think it’s a 50/50 game. Tipp were poor yesterday but it has to be taken into consideration that they were playing limerick who can do that to most teams. The Tipp public reaction has been fairly scathing of their team. Rumours doing the rounds that team and management meeting in horse and jockey tonight for clear the air talks! Cahills neck is on the line on Saturday night and if the players are still playing for him You would have to expect a big response from this Tipp team and that coupled with our poor record over the last 2 years has me worried. It’s roles reversed from the cork game where now we are probably going in as slight favourites in the publics eye and with that brings added expectation and pressure something we don’t always deal well with.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭siyo

Always with the drama lads 😂 two weeks ago Davy was done and dusted, the players weren't playing for him etc. Last week it was corks turn, they went from 10-12 point favourites in one pundits view to beat us to being too reliant on 4 or 5 oul lads, terrible performance etc etc. Now it's Tipps turn. Wonder who it will be next week, maybe Wexford if results continue to be as poor.

I expect nothing but a battle royale in Walsh park this Saturday evening with last Sundays game standing to Tipp as possibly they were a bit undercooked against a top class Limerick side who had a game under their belt.

Two attack minded sides so should be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

two years ago following the defeat to cork in Walsh park something major happened in the ‘dressing room’ in the lead up to the Clare game…..which was one of the worst performances in recent years…..young fella in Clare jerseys pushing and bullying seasoned inter county hurlers such as bennett, bizarre positional selections and a host of other things but overall it looked like the team just didn’t want to be there of play for Cahill any longer. In the space of 3 weeks they went from being all Ireland contenders and best to challenge limerick to an utter shambles……is there any possibility something like this could transpire with the current tipp players..?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

Cahill is pure ignorant. How he could find offence in an article that was praising his team at the time is beyond me

His interview at the end of the Tipp game shows he his making the same mistakes again. Nearly all the language used was blaming the players rather than taking some responsibility himself for possibly overtraining a team of his 3 years in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Motivator

Has there been any indication on how tickets have been selling through the clubs? No announcement about any sale through Ticketmaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

100%. It’s a sign of poor leadership. The more you see of him the more you start to think he’s actually not management material at all

• Registered Users Posts: 37,964 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Footballers been draw in Group 1 of the Tailteann Cup alongside Kildare, Leitrim and Longford

Fixtures-

11th/12th May- Leitrim vs Waterford

18th/19th May- Waterford vs Kildare

1st/2nd June- Longford vs Waterford- Neutral Venue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

I don't understand what Liam Cahill is getting at referencing something Derek McGrath said few years back. McGrath said they were favourites for the All Ireland or second favourites cant remember. What was so wrong in what he said? Does Cahill feel it put extra pressure on him as Waterford manager at the time? He also says McGrath hasn't been heard of last 18 months but he's still writing columns for the Examiner and only did a hurling preview last week so he hasn't disappeared. Strange comments from Cahill.

Could easily have this as the curtain rasier Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

You expect Tipp to give up home advantage to go to Walsh Park? Or the Waterford hurlers to give up home advantage to go Kilfeacle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

I think the initial reference to what McGrath said was to highlight Waterford still being a good side & returning to form that so recently had them as favourites for the All Ireland is some people’s eyes. Not sure where he was going with it after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dilinja1

Tickets On general sale tomorrow at 11am

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭waterfordgirl

Does it seem like theyre sold out?

Saying no tickets available

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭IanVW

Only terrace

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Montys return

Single stand tickets still available

• Registered Users Posts: 14 southsider11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭dzilla

theres abut 10 inidividual seats on it atm

Loads of stand tickets on it now appearing

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭waterfordgirl

So bizarre - my ticketmaster app malfunctioned - no tickets sjow. Logged in on my colleagues account and got the ticket no problem!

City end.

Up the Déise!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

east terrace still available just now……

• Advertisement

I think he is somehow pointing to McGrath in contributing to his downfall with Waterford by hyping up the expectations in the media, he’s well wide if the mark with that as majority of people I know think McGrath is a pure waffler anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Whitenblue93

game on gaa go Saturday … what a load of b****cks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭decies

can’t go myself . Open stand tickets still available

I think he just meant that Waterford didn't go from being the 2nd best team in the country to being a team to be taken for granted in that period of time.

I think Cahill is really bad media wise so I think hes been picked up now as having a cut off Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

Nah, he was definitely having a cut at Derek because he made a remark about him going quiet which is also BS as Derek does plenty of media

Was chatting with a Tipp fan during the week and he said there isn't much grá for Cahill there after he stayed with Waterford the extra year. Win a few games and that's forgotten but when results don't go his way then he isn't going to get much goodwill from Tipp fans

He'll be a great fella if they win Saturday in Tipp fans eyes

there was such little gra they came back for him again the following year and offered him the job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

ffg

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭spideyman92

Good showing so far from the minors. Look the better team. Hopefully can see it out the last 10 mins with the extra man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭914

Very good performance from the minors, could have even had another goal or two, scoreline probably flattered Limerick a little bit.

Advertisement