Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

There's a realisation in Tipp ovet the last 3 years wer just not very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭newhouse87

We are not near as good as limerick but being honest i dont think any county is within 5 points of them. They may be caught on an off day but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Rosita

I wasn't trying to "counter" your observation. I was agreeing with it. In fleshing out the distinctions

just didn't kiss Kilkenny's backside sufficiently for you liking. Ah well………………………

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Charlie69

I agree with this… I fancy Tipp to bounce back and beat Waterford. Limerick could do that to anyone.

Kilkenny living in that posters head (Rosita)for years and haven’t paid a shilling in rent…😁

Post edited by Charlie69 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭1373

I'm with you , I've a feeling that Waterford will suffer the tipp backlash and hopefully we'll get to see Davy give his usual side line theatrical sideshow

Agreed, I think Waterford have now lost the element of surprise if you like and Tipp will want to prove they’re not as bad as the Limerick performance. I think Tipp will win by five or six points.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Montys return

Expect a response from Tipp and they could of course win it. But I would say the win against Cork was more having 3 all stars, Michael Kiely and Iarla Daly available then "the element of surprise".

As Nicky English said about Waterford beforehand "they shouldn't be underestimated". Nor should Tipp be this weekend of course

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Based on last Sundays performance Tipperary will not beat Waterford on Saturday. Having said that they are obviously capable of hurling much much better and better start this game as if they are a point down with 5 minutes to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭High bike

Would be some turn around in 6 days if Cahill can engineer a performance out of Tipp after last Sunday especially after his interview when he threw the players under the bus.Id be amazed if its not the opposite and Waterford win by 5 or 6 pts but time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jimmythesulk

Tipp to win by double scores this weekend.

I take it you're basing that on " a feeling in me waters"!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭1373

The drink

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

…same team - new face on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Surprised with that, I'd expect a few changes before throw in.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Freneys Treasure

Has Noel McGrath ever played full forward for Tipp?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Nothing to suggest a tipp backlash incoming. That waterford team is damn good and if they get their running game going we are in for a long evening.

Including under 21, he has played everywhere except full back line and full forward. Possible short spells there during O'Shea era when Tipp forwards moved position almost every play.

Pretty sure Breen has played everywhere. https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/hard-not-feel-michael-breen-bagging-2-9-still-losing-kilkenny-152189

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭osullic

We can assume Cahill is hoping for a reaction from the team that were so disappointing last week.

Maybe Cathal and Noel will start but that’s about it I’d say.

I don’t think we will be as bad from midfield up this time and let’s face it Jake and Mark aren’t facing Finn and Morrissey with Kyle Hayes, Hannon, Byrnes, midfield and the half forward line closing them down.

On the positive side it’s Waterford we are playing the only team with a worse record (for now) in Munster round robin than us.

On the negative side it’s Waterford who have beaten us in pretty much every meaningful match since we last won the All Ireland.

I’m hoping beyond hope for a reaction this Saturday evening as there has to be more in our fellas than what we have seen so far this year.

As for Cahill he know this Waterford team inside out so hopefully himself and Bevans have a coherent game plan ready to go that allows us play to our strengths and targets Waterfords weak points.

Here’s hoping. Tipp Abú

• Advertisement

Got sorted with a ticket anyway. Going to be a long drive back to North tipp if we lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 89tipp91

Interesting perspective here, might be relevant to some of the Tipp team

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41387149.html

Good win for the 20s. Good to see management getting a tune of them. Great to get a result while missing the likes of young Connolly who is talented. I know they were championships at minor but its a young side with a good few of them around 18/19 and will have another few gos at this level. If they can get an experience of a munster final it will stand to them no matter what the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Ompala

Good win for the Under 20s tonight vs Cork 3-20 vs 0-18. Cork did hit a lot of bad wides. Good chance they could be meeting each other in the final. Senan Butler with 3-01 from corner forward got MOTM - and gave quite a memorable interview afterwards.

For tomorrow, if there is no kick out of that team early on Cahill has to make changes, but I can't see them lining up as selected. Might be keeping a move athletic half back line knowing Waterford have runners in that team. Tynan is surely better at midfield than wing forward, and Forde is never a wing forward always does his best hurling on the inside forward line. Surprised Shelly is not selected in goal too, seems to have a better puck out than Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 89tipp91

Well a draw puts the cat amongst the pigeons

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

if ye beat cork and we beat waterford , it makes the last game in thurles a straight shoot out for a munster final place , i would be critical of cahills delays in making changes today though he waited too long in my opinion , the full forward line was really struggling and needed some change , surprised sean ryan wasn't introduced

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Bobby_Bolivia

As bad a refereeing performance against us as Wexford 2019. And still managed a draw.

• Whatever f*cking nonsense Owens was at during the penalty.
    • Mark Kehoe hauled down worse than what got blown for a penalty at the other end, no penalty.
    • Third man tackle for 2nd goal, he booked the player afterwards but allowed the Waterford goal to stand?
    • Gives a free to Waterford for laying on the ball? Which they get their resulting goal from. When nobody was laying on it.

Still an awful lot to improve on but deserved the win today and would have had it if not for an absolutely disgraceful refereeing performance. That effort and intensity will keep us in with a chance come 65 minutes even if other areas of our game are lacking.

Forde would be very lucky to start next game.

Also great support today.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Montys return

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vsWin2c80Cw&pp=ygUYd2F0ZXJmb3JkIHRpcHBlcmFyeSAyMDI0

• Advertisement

Link me the incident where Cathal Barrett was shouldered to the head there like a good lad.

Advertisement