Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunsynk (DEYE) Hybrid Inverters

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Got it sorted today, I'm fairly sure I did the same as yesterday 😄

Fwiw, no Ats output on my inverter.

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 65,049 ✭✭✭✭unkel

For anyone interested, I hooked up an old grid inverter (SMA sunny boy) to the genny AC terminals of the Sunsynk. Only thing I had to do is tick the "for micro inverter input" box, in settings → aux load

working perfectly 😀

Suits me down to the ground, will end up with just one grid tie inverter and no need for any solar charge controllers in the long term. My Solis 6kW grid inverter (non-hybrid) will be sold when I'm finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Someone posted a link for a place that sells the 5.5kw sunsynk hybrid but can't find it.

Anyone can share it pls?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Was it itstechnologies? They have a Dublin warehouse now

That was it alright. Expensive though. Far more than Kelliher's charged for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Cheers, called Kelliher's earlier, they ran out and only do Huawei now🤮

• Registered Users Posts: 25 garciasa

Hi lads,

I hope some one with a sunsynk inverter can help me or it´s because I'm doing something wrong.

My installer has finished the installation today, but we are not able to configure it properly.

Can anyone confirm me that the AC Load is always 240v? i was thinking the at AC Load was 240v when we were losing the grid, but i can always getting 240v with grid or without grid…. what am I missing?

Not quite sure what you are talking about, can you share a screenshot?

we have 3 inputs, GRID, LOAD and GEN.

when it´s working tied to the grid the house is powered via GRID, then I was expecting the inverter have 0v in the LOAD side.

when we are losing GRID the relay inside the inverter should change power to the LOAD and I should see 240v in the LOAD side and 0v in the GRID side.

The problem that I have is I'm always measure 240V in the LOAD output.

it's labeled LOAD, but it´s AC Backup as far as i know..

Always 240v on the load side if battery connected, it's for essential loads.

☀️

• Advertisement

ok, I have my change over switch wired to the LOAD and GRID, so I'm guessing will be fine, since RCBO I have on the LOAD port is tripping all the time when is up, so I need to make an extra step to be off grid, move the change over to position offgrid and then arm the RCBO in the load.

Now second issue, I've a microinverter connected to 3 panels on the gen port of the sunsynk, I was thinking the production of those 3 would go to the battery or in case the battery is full, to the house or to the grid, but it's looks like it goes to the LOAD? if it goes to the LOAD port I've got a problem, because my understanding of the LOAD was like a AC Backup which is not. Is any configuration I'm missing? try to find some information on the net but no joy :(

Thank you

For the first issue, the best way for us to help is to fully understand how you have this wired. Can you show a diagram of how it's set up?

For the second issue, go in to settings/auxiliary load and tick -for micro inverter input.

☀️

I think I've sorted all of the issues, the clamp was in the wrong position, and that was doing the inverter getting crazy and doing weird things.

Thanks for the tips lads.

Advertisement