Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunsynk (DEYE) Hybrid Inverters

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 garciasa

That´s the store I talked to... and when I said Ireland, they said they couldn´t sell it because there was a distributor here ....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mattsmith

I bumped into a couple of Sunsysk guys at the SEAI energy show in the RDS. Asked about Irish support and the fact that Kellihers were no longer selling them. They told me that this was being sorted and Kellihers would stock them again. So hopefully thats the case or maybe they were just trying to get rid of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭championc

Irish Sunsynk agent is supposedly https://grian52.ie/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

This type of marketing .... just annoys me.

I wonder where they lifted it from. And Deye is the manufacturer for them, they didnt invent the hybrid inverter.

The HW diverter is a bit of a stretch, its basically a smart switch. Not a variable output like an eddi.

The Inverters are very good. Would recommend them to anyone. But damn, stop the bull.

Rexel come back to me this morning and they said, the 5kw one it will be back in stock at the end of April... so we will see..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Try the German eBay either. Currently a Deye branded 5kW version on for 999 or best offer but it is a private seller.

About 1.3k from a shop on there. Send it to mailboxde or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭oaklands

Here is the invoice from when I got a Sunsynk 5kW ECCO from GB via NI depot. (Dec 23)

Worked out at about €1,273 + drive/petrol + time. From memory the closest buying locally would have been a similar price before VAT and forget the agent as their quote for a solar install was way OTT.

I know they are the same, but I prefer sunsynk just in case the seai inspector come to visit, i dont Want to start explaining they are the same, but in other countries are deye and bla bla bla hahah, at least i know that sunsynk is valid in Ireland.

But i have to say that ui is worse in the sunsynk than in deye hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭oaklands

SEAI & ESBN should only care about the compliance cert matching the brand/model#

And SEAI only care at the point of claiming a grant

• Advertisement

If I buy a deye which the certification EN-50549 is the same, could SEAI said something? I'm applying for a grant…

Hi all

Did anyone here have their Deye / Sunsynk this time last year ? I'm wondering about the clock going forward at 1am.

https://www.rmg.co.uk/stories/topics/when-do-clocks-go-forward#:~:text=In%202024%20the%20clocks%20go%20forward%20on%2031%20March%20at%201am.

I've mine set to charge from 02:00 till 05:00. Do I just change this to 02:00 till 04:00 to be safe ?

I have Time Syncs ticked in the Basic Settings

Can anyone send me the link to buy the eastron meter SDM120CT-M(40ma)? it´s look like the Chint it´s not working properly?

is this one?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004973624482.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.58ba38daVhEtqw&mp=1

Post edited by garciasa on

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Nuphor

Thank you Nuphor… I hope is the same, it´s same seller and exactly the same model but with aliexpress you never know, so finger crossed :)

Hi again lads :),

My installer is going to install me the sunsynk (finally), but now I'm trying to understand if we need the neutral/earth bond or not. After watching a lot of videos still it's not clear to me if I would need that relay or not.

Probably my installer will know, but it's the first he is going to install it so I'm doing the homework :).

I've seen @SD_DRACULA had a similar question in another thread so, can anyone confirm this theory?

If from AC Backup the neutral and earth cables are connected to the CU to their corresponding earth and neutral bus bar, and the live to the change over switch would be enough, isn't it? my house is a relative new build and we have the earth rod in place, so I'm guessing the earth rod connection goes somewhere to my CU, so in case ESB outage, my N/E bound would be ok since we have still that earth rod to have the reference? is that correct?

In case we need that relay to make the N/E bound, can anyone give me a hit about what amperage? I've seen AC Relays but not sure if it needs to be same amperage at my main MCB (63A) or it could be lower…

Thank you..

Post edited by garciasa on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I'd skip all that bonding nonsense, connect the backup neutral and earth to the neutral/earth bus bars in the CU and then simply use the changeover switch to switch the live cable only, that's how I will it when I rewire the inverter

That's what I've understood but I can find information all over the places saying that bounding is a requirement even if bounding is done in the CU… so how the inverter reference earth when there is no grid? is the earth coming from ESB joining the earth rod in my house in the CU (I'm guessing)?

sorry for the questions but in Spain the electrical wiring differs a little bit from here and sometimes I'm confuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭allinthehead

We use Tncs systems of earthing here generally.

This means that the main customer earth is connected to the supply neutral at the supply meter.

Earth rod is seperate and connected to the main earthing terminal of the customer distribution board.

There can be only one bond of neutral and earth in our Tncs system.

When you have a changeover switch in the board using an alternative supply then you need to maintain the earth/neutral bond. If the phase and neutral cables are switched in the changeover then you need to provide a bond in the alternative supply.

If you don't have that bond then you shouldn't switch the neutral in the changeover.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

@allinthehead get it now… so I will ask the electrician do it that way just changing live in the changeover and the load cable coming from attic bonding N/E to their corresponding bus bar in the CU.

When it's in place I will check with the multimeter that load output bond (N/E) to check there is no floating values :), I trust you about that Tncs system haha but just in case :P

Thank you lads, appreciate it.

• Advertisement

Exactly that, and trust nobody. Test, test, test.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

Just a heads up for anyone experiencing their Deye doing crazy things. Mine had been discharging all generation AND discharging the battery when it was still set to Zero Export to Grid, and the battery not fully charged

Here's a pic

So I contacted Deye and they have pushed the following new FW, and it appears to have resolved the issue (all good today)

I wanted to set my distribution board up so the batteries would keep a few circuits running in a power cut automatically.

Already have a full board changeover switch.

Wanted the fridge, wifi, Tv (for herself), lights, burglar alarm and gas boiler all on the automatic backup.

All works very well, you wouldn't know power had gone until you try to use a heavy appliance or look at the board (installed a grid on indicator light)

I chose not to switch the neutral in the changeover switch as it's safer.

It works as intended in full changeover, however with just the essential loads running off the batteries with the ac off at the inverter or the grid, I loose my neutralising link from the grid. This creates a dangerous potential difference/voltage between the neutral supplying the essential loads and earth. I measured this at 120v. Flicking the changeover switch resolves the problem due to the fact that I wired the changeover to make a link between the grid neutral and the inverter backup neutral when switched.

The Sunsynk 5kw inverter gives a nc contact which will open when the grid is lost or an inverter fault occurs. This allows an external relay to be fitted to create an earth/neutral bond eliminating the potential difference. Unfortunately this tripped my inverter RCBO when I tried it, so back to the drawing board.

TLDR, Check your voltage between earth and neutral when your changeover is in operation. Oh and test your rcd's just because when was the last time😁.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

Nobody ever tests the RCDs! Lol

I ve a relay wired up to mine (the ATS connection) to power loads beside the inverter. They are all class2 but I'd rather have the option of class 1 devices (I think I have that the right way around)

But I'm using a NO contactor that will close on grid failure to create the E-N bond?

Does the rcbo of the inverter see the power from itself when the change over is activated?

I have a few circuits including the inverter on the grid side of the changeover so that's not the issue.

I've done what you did too, NO contactor closing on grid failure. RCBO trips I think on inverter grid relay re-energising. I was too tired today to continue so a job for another day.

I wonder how many either don't switch the neutral or use a contactor for the earth/neutral bond.

Did you fit the contactor yourself?

☀️ 10.75kwp.

Although no changeover, just a USB power brick for the ever growing esphome devices, But wanted it done right. A 3 pin socket will look the same to anyone else. No issue with it when the grid throws a wobbly (windy nights I can see it dropping off the grid)
    Ah if the inverter is grid side of the change over, then that shouldn't effect it

A E-N bond will trip a rcd for sure. I dont know why mine is working but yours isnt.

You mentioned Ats, is that a 230v output or a volt free contact?

I'll figure it out, was knackered after changing the board. Probably something stupid that I did.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

230v output, I'm almost sure mine is wired into the ATS terminals, and Signal Island mode is selected in the settings

Advertisement