Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunsynk (DEYE) Hybrid Inverters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jasgrif11

I had one and I couldn’t find any such setting. I have since reverted back to the CT with one leg connect to ground and I’m always exporting about 40w.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭championc

Thanks to graememk, I grounded my CT clamp and since, have a constant export of a few 100's watts all day, every day.

Obviously, it's not the Eastron route that you are on, but I thought that it was worth mentioning while on the subject

It's worth emailing their support and asking if they can offset the CT reading.

I did with my Deye, and they offered to update the firmware. But just before they did that, my export had jumped from about the 30 ish that jasgriff said, to a few hundred.

So I reckon there must be a hidden engineering mode or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Looks like it's exporting about 15 watts while there's no pv production. I only installed it yesterday so must keep an eye on it. I also have two joins and an unshielded cable running alongside mains cables.

Plan is to get some shielded 2 wire twisted pair Belden cable on Tuesday.

It would be nice to have adjustment though.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

From the meter to the inverter is a rs485 communication, If its working now, No amount of shielding will change it. (CT's are a different story)

• Advertisement

I know nothing about rs485, what about joins, I have two?

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

Just to add, the blurb in the eastron manual specifies 120 ohm belden shielded, but I suppose that may only be needed for specific applications?

☀️ 10.75kwp.

It's a digital signal, so it's a case of it either works or it doesn't (well to an extent you can get crc errors, but it's a case then of missing data.

Yeah it's a belt and braces approach. Rs485 is pretty resilient (I think it can go as far as 1km)

1 km is incredible.

So the joins are fine? I was exporting 4700 watts a while ago according to the eastron and my shelly but the Sunsynk was reading 4500 watts.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

• Advertisement

Yeah joins are fine, Its a case of you either get the reading or you dont, You dont get a eg the sunsynk gets 4500 from the meter or nothing at all. Bit like digital tv.

Great, thanks for the explanation. Saved me the bother of running another cable.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭S'

Wondering what is the max kW I can export to grid at any one time. I currently have export set at max 5800w.

Originally had a 6kW Solis installed pre May2023 when newer 5kW inverters were introduced that were limited to 25amps export.

Can I export at 28 amps (6.7kW)?

11.2kWp E/W split arra. Mayo

I'd not be drawing attention to yourself. 😉

My 6kW inverter rated to output 27 amps but it never passes 6kW. Generally my voltage is at 240 -250 so it never even passes 25 amps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭con747

Those regs are just for inverters fitted after the date the rules were changed. Once your NC6 was submitted before the deadline you can export up to the 28 amps afaik.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭S'

Thanks, there seems to be a discrepancy between what my deye thinks it’s exporting and what the grid see’s. Deye is set for 5.8kW but grid is seeing 5.5kW.

11.2kWp E/W split arra. Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

That looks about right, I'm sure if you also check the export total of the inverter it would be way off compared to your meter.

I have a shelly on my mains which does log it correctly but solar assistant logs every 2 seconds so that is very accurate as well compared to inverter logs.

It seems that the grid readings on these inverters are a weak spot. I was hoping fitting an Eastron meter would make it more accurate but it seems to be the opposite.

I was just exporting 3kw according to the Zappi, Shelly Em and the Eastron meter but my Sunsynk was showing 5kw export🤦

☀️ 10.75kwp.

Is the eastron meter matching what the sunsynk is showing?

No, Eastron shows the same as the Zappi and the shelly.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

• Advertisement

Oh.. the eastron and sunsynk should match...

Maybe you do need the fancy cable 😂.

But it shouldn't change the value..

Sunsynk, sends a certain message and the meter sends out what was requested (eg power)

It should either get there or not.

Have you the CT disconnected?

Ya Ct is removed, I think I'll run a new cable anyway. If I go back to the Ct at least it will help with that.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

Well, I replaced the cat 6 with a Belden shielded twisted pair. No difference at all.

I went back to the Ct clamp and now it's reading about -30w which is grand. Funnily enough when I connect the shield to earth the reading jumps to -70w.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 garciasa

Hi,

anybody know if this inverter can be purchased in Ireland? or it needs to be via alibaba only? in case alibaba, do you know the time to arrive to Ireland? i know it will depends on too many factors, but just a rough estimation with previous experience... If I buy this inverter, anybody know won't be an issue with NC6?, as far as I've seen from the ESB point of view if just the compliance of EN 50549-1 which i think this inverter got it...

I'm installing my solar panels soon, but I would like to talk to my installer to see if the would be opened to install this instead of a solis.

I cannot install my lovely fronius/victron tandem in Ireland if I don't apply for a NC7, so I'm looking for alternatives.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

I picked up a Loncin 3500 a series generator yesterday, is it as easy as just connecting it to the gen feed on the inverter for it to charge the batteries in a power cut ir is there anything else needs doing first.

guys, how are you buying this inverter? through alibaba they don´t want te sell me one because there is a distributor in ireland which I´m guessing is rexelenergysolutions and I rang them a couple of days ago, but they don´t even know about this inverter hahah, the guy told me he would have a look and would ring me back, but still waiting :(

Did you buy in UK and then you brought here from Northern Ireland? or there is any other I´m missing?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

I bought the sunsynk from kellihers/rexel but was told that they are now no longer selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭oaklands

I got a 5kW Sunsynk from infinite solar in UK. They sent me the wrong model# (Settings for UK not IRL). However, sunsynk just updated the firmware remotely and it all worked out for ESBN.

Delivery thru NI depot.

I checked rexel/kellihers at the time and they said they no longer stocked it.

ok, I´m going to ring them again and check it out because it´s funny the manufactures doesn't want to sell me one, because it says there is a distributor here but the distributor cannot get it hahaha

If not I will try to do that, buy it in uk and delivery in NI.

Thank you oaklands and hexosan.

Post edited by garciasa on

• Advertisement

Alibaba Lovesun store - 3rd party distributor.

Deye won't sell to Ire, UK or Spain now for some reason I believe

Advertisement