Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Pay Talks - see mod warning post 4293

Options
1227228229230231233»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Vs the cumulative pressures of the past 2 years? yeah, no

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭bren2001

9/10% over the past two years doesn't make a dent?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

21e increase before deductions in my wages this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭maneno

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

It definitely won't buy the cake to go with it though 😞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 toggie

Forsa have updated Local Government Salary Scales with effect from 1st January 2024. It is published on their website.

Got my backdated pay and increase today.

CPI since the start of this deal is +0.2% and we have received +2.25% with another 1% in June. You won't see those crying out it was for more upfront acknowledging that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Those companies aren't changing terms and conditions. They've had it in their terms and conditions that they would apply an inflationary increase. It's not really comparable.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

I didn't say they changed T&C but it's legal for them to put such a clause in, without you being able to get free of the contract.

Literally trapping people into paying more for several products with no way out, outside breakage fees.

Workers are service providers, we sell our time/effort, yet we don't get to insert meaningful clauses like this without being called greedy.

Government and companies are pulling in record takes but we were presented with a less than inflation deal, no matter the vote outcome

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Who isn't calling companies greedy for doing it?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,122 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

CPI since the start of this deal is irrelevant.

How about CPI since the start of the previous deal? Not looking so hot now is it?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Your argument is that its "not the full picture", not that its irrelevant. I struggle to see how a stat like that is "irrelevant".

An argument (largely from one very loud poster here) was that the current deal is lower than inflation when only considering the period of the deal. So far, that's very much untrue. So how exactly is my post irrelevant?

You're arguing a point I'm not making.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ashzoc

Hi all

I apologise in advance for what will probably be a very badly worded question and I hope it will make sense.

I am wondering how does this pay deal work with increments? Lets say my salary will go up 1000 when I get my next increment but will the 1% be in addition to that? Are the pay scales also going to be increasing or how does that work? Due to increments my salary was going up anyway. So is my salary going up because of the increment or will my salary go up the % increases also?? From the way I see it is the salary scale does not also go up then I will only be getting an increase that I was going to get anyway and not the additional increases newly agreed

Would appreciate opinions on this

Moving up points on the scale and the pay deal are separate.

Lets say my salary will go up 1000 when I get my next increment but will the 1% be in addition to that? 

Yes.

Example: If you're on a point 1 of the scale at €30,000 and point 2 is at €33,000. The 1% increase will be €30,300 and €33,330. The new scale applies from June. If you stay on point 1, then your salary increases by €300. If you move to point 2, then your salary increases by €3,330.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ashzoc

Thanks for the response that's good to know!

Advertisement