Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Just finished up listening to the latest The Rest is History series about Martin Luther. Tremendous stuff tbh. I was always aware of the love of describing a good bowel movement by the likes of Rabelais and the great Catholic humanists of the era, but I wasn't aware that Luther and his contemporaries took a rather more biblical view towards the act of "getting rid of the breakfast". Expunging a demon in some cases. Leaving a length of Lucifer in the pan.

Have we any Protestants here to give us a more Lutheran perspective on sending Satan to Ringsend?

Yours in meek enquiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Grouptherapy

Good points there. However the initial visual survey at the time showed trap #2 to be the cleanest. In fact, some hoof knuckle had left a Rorschach Test on the side trap #4.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I find the ‘covered wagon’ manouvre best at the piss trough.

Thumb at the side of the rod with the fingers shrouding the other side.

No leaning back with your hands behind your head and the wand spraying over three bowls.

Bad manners.

I’d say your the sort of man of advanced years who has to visit the trough every half pint and who can be found with his head against the wall as the peg pulses out a thin stream of yellow piss. Sighing and farting before heading back out to the stool to watch the 5.40 from Wincanton with Mick and Jimmy.

Well off the mark there Bobby, pecker like a ships hauser and bladder with at least 3 litres cold. or 3.5 warm capacity.

Now did see a lad as you describe entering the pissoirs in a south Dublin establishment , slightly unsteady trying to get the nobb out in transit and gushing a good quart into the strides he was wearing.

Had to be oxtered out by his mates into a taxi which was probably put off the road if he had more than 30 mins to go.

Fawn coloured stain spreading over the back of the strides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,137 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Double deuced yesterday and again today.

Not good.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭ruth...less

^^omg lol

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

^^actually hotblack whatever your name is...I thought it was cool and funny that you related your **** situation to a Bob Dylan song but seeing as youre being so judgemental towards me with your stupid American valley girl song I see I was wrong. 😊

Like totally.

• Advertisement

So… how was your last bowel movement? 👍️

Us women don't have bowel movements lol .…we just hold it in until the time comes and it comes up the other way...eventually (no joke I read about that happening to someone 😮) and we puke it out. What else can we do to avoid it and be seen as unladylike?

Post edited by ruth...less on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Had an Indian takeaway last night.

Onion Bhagis, pacoras, Naan bread, chicken bhuna, washed down with several pints of peroni.

Waiting in that experiment to explode.

Baby wipes are in a cold place.

You'll need the damp dishcloth for that lot Lewis.

Steep her in tepid water to shift the first tranche of muzzle rubble and only then reach for the Baby Wipes.

Cold items applied first thing to a hot hoop can upset the unit and make things worst.

Lad I know made that mistake after a large intake of hot curry and was in adult pampers for a fortnight after it.

Oh…. don't forget to 'decommission the dishcloth'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Left a deposit in the local tavern where I breakfast the odd time, they have the most uncomfortable pots that are suspended on the wall, they are so high off the ground that even Kareem Abdul Jabbar would have trouble pinching out a loaf. The first time I used them I thought I had mistakenly used a urinal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

They say Seamus Heaney's stinky Thoughtfox was inspired by a similar encounter.

To have a file or bard capture your seismic moment for future Literature students? Priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Christ above, how can 2 ordinary days be so different. Yesterday I had one of those “experiences” where you leave the jacks feeling both lighter and elated. Something Patrick Kavanagh might have expressed in his canal poems. I felt reborn.

Today, I was surprised by a 7:30am rumbling, don’t worry I’ve since claimed the time back. The evac was, fairly, “standard” but the clean up was a disgrace. My hole is in bits, it’s like a casserole down there.

Terrible day for it too, I’m walking far more than usual and suffering greatly for it with that “itch” that only comes with a throughly, some might say overly, cleaned arse. Having to mince about slightly to get relief when in company and then go at it however I can when not.

I know I’ve asked this before but what’s the name of that cream some of you claim is a wonder ointment for the area mentioned?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

There was this stuff I got in Australia for insect bites with lidocaine in it, fantastic stuff but not available here.

Great for “personal itching”. Pretty much instant relief. Has a very pleasant tingling experience when first applied. Comes in a 100ml tube if you are a curry and 10 pints sort of chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭You the man

Or in an emergency, make a paste with Tabasco sauce and baking soda

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Bepanthen I think - at least that helped me a couple of weeks back after a suspected blown o-ring..

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭elgicko

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Screenshot from a video the “professionals” took while cleaning up a “unit” that Brendan Brendar used.

• Advertisement

Not a chance, that lot took months to build up.

If the Brenner wanted to take a unit ‘out of commission’ would be much more subtle …..starting with a good top decking.

Soak the innards with a good discharge of arse kelp, close the lid and let her seep through.

As Pee Flynn might have said “try delving the result of a loose load from a cistern……………… it’s not easy”

Advertisement