Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout [Amazon]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

This was very good. Tv in general is on the decline but this lives up to the hype

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Whatched the last episode this evening. Saw some great stuff coming in the next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Very happy with the show. Some nice references for gamers but really requires no knowledge of the games to be entertained. Next season looks like being a good one, if it is renewed

Post edited by Sudden Valley on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

My only complaint about the show is that there's only 8 episodes and now we have to wait another year (at least!) for 8 more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭con747

The amount of shows I lost interest in because of that reason is unreal. This was a good one so I hope I can hold out for the next season!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,240 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Really enjoyed that. Faithful to the games, but also new material. Kept the dark humour too.

Also, confirmed by belief in case of global nuclear war, im going out in the blast, not a chance I wanna survive that lol.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

I've been collecting bottles caps for years now. I'm gonna loaded when the bombs drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,666 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

"I don't want to set the world on fire" is playing on RTE radio 1 right now.

Show really seems to be breaking out of the core audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

But of course. Sure only Nuka Cola contains those much needed health tonics and fortified vitamins.

Warning: may contain excessive amounts of caffeine and 120% of daily sugar allowance. Regular consumption may create addiction and intense Headaches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Thought this was really, really good. And I couldn't get into Fallout (4) at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Never played the games but devouring this over the past two nights. Reckon we'll finish it out tonight but absolutely loving it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭al87987

I saw that sales of the Fallout game increased 7500% since the release of the TV show.

Fallout 4 is only 5 euro on the PS4 Store which is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I got Fallout 4 again (previously tried it on XBox) on PS store. There is a free upgrade coming out soon for PS5/Xbox Series too. For a fiver it's worth a second shot.

Fallout New Vegas was considered the best game for mechanics and story, it was made Obsidian. Fallout 4 was fun but buggy due to the old engine and fallout 76 was an absolute mess at launch both made by Bethesda. They really didn’t like that Obsidian made a far superior game mechanics and story wise. The studio was hammered by bad feedback from 76 as it was a mess at launch I really wish Obsidian was given another crack at the title as they produced a far superior game and story.

I don't understand enough about games to know about game mechanics. 3, NV and 4 all felt like the same thing to me. I never understood the love for the NV story line though as the Legion was a terrible faction and so was Mr.House. Gambling as a theme was terribly overused too.

The main quest of four was very weak, NV had far better side quests though the robots quest in four was fantastic. One issue with four was the main quest and ending NV was more open and enjoyable though. Some of the expansions on both were sketchy. The one with the collar in NV was an absolute slog but old world blues was extremely fun and funny.

• Advertisement

They all had their charms and each one was a progression imho.

Settlement building was big plus for me in Fallout 4.

New Vegas was an absolute gem too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The changes made to the power armour from 4 on was a nice improvement, there were actual big suits you'd step into (like on the show) rather than just clothes you'd equip. You weren't always able to use them easily as they needed power but when you got one early in the game it made you feel really powerful. Made them look more like they were in the older games.

If the next season is set in New Vegas ( the place) it'll hopefully unruffle a few feathers, people thinking either Amazon are stupid or Bethesda are trying to remove New Vegas (the game) from cannon due to the dates and bits of history shown in the show.

Mathew Perry would have made a great spot in season 2. Could easily have worked him into backstory.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Show was excellent and very true to the games. From the drinks, foods, shops, artwork, cars, etc. Even liked how they kept the music going.

NV definitely better in terms of Quests, 3 for best main story, 4 fixed rake of issues with guns and proper armour suits.

76 runs well now with all the expansions and NPCs, very different game compared to the rest, but definitely the weakest of the lot.

Just read a random comment on Reddit there which would be funny, to be fair.

Next season our daring heroes are pinned down, looks to be the end… then we hear a few notes of music, some shots ring out, and the bad guys are dead. When the heroes look up they see, in the distance, a trench coated fedora wearing stranger walking away.

That's it then, no one comments on it or overtly acknowledges it. Just go on their way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭Cordell

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Abril9

I found the show pretty decent, love the games………however Maximus the character from the show horrendously bad pure nonsense

I know. They were saying that the mysterious stranger should just turn up, save everyone, leave, and no one even bat an eyelid or reference it.

Lets see VATS make an appearance too!

Has anyone tried the update yet?

• Advertisement

Or Preston Garvey to show up every episode to tell them a settlement is under attack 🤣

Advertisement