Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭testtech05

Thought that was a harsh penalty against Jennings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Shehal

Jesus Christ its a clear blue day, how tf are they knocking on so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Connacht are infuriating.

Get themselves back in the game then do everything they can to hand the game back to Benneton.

THat turnover looked the same as Jennings to me

• Advertisement

Lol but that turn over is totally fine ofcourse

Adamson you are an absolute disgrace to rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Well done to Devine. Blade needs to be dropped for the next few games. Give Devine more gametime.

Connacht get a try back but sadly miss the conversion so still a 3 score lead.

When clowns such as Blade and Hanrahan are you're "experienced players" you arent going to go anywhere fast unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Referees are ruining games...not just today..just in general....so many objective calls around the breakdown, scrums etc....theres fùck all consistency and its painful to watch...

And then when the game is over...the ref just hands out mickey mouse penalties to the losing side to balance out the stats....

See Karl Dickson yesterday as a prime example....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Another 100% totally fine turnover there.

• Advertisement

Hes far from the difference between the teams with all we the times we have shot ourselves in both feet but Adamson is such a bad ref always makes a mess of games

De butlear must have been injured was he Heffernan back on

Well Adamson deserved the language, he is a c**t and Aki is just being honest.

Also Connacht handling has been atrocious today, how do you plan to score tries if you drop the ball every 2 seconds

Adamson is an awful referee. Bundee concedes a penalty for language and a Benetton backrow swore like a sailor in the first half but got not even a warning.

That said Connacht's woeful handling, weak defense at the breakdown and all in all sloppiness is 100% what cost us, not the officials. We're in for an awful few years with these coaches.

Just like I said pre match, one team is refereed by the book and the other isnt…

Jesus Christ how did he knock that ball on. The players just havent been concentrating from the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭StevenToast

This coaching ticket have big question marks over them.....

Not just wilkins....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Semi final would have been nice but a totally undeserved gloss on a shite season tbf. Couple of refereeing decisions were poor but we're way off. Handling and middle of the field defending the obvious ones but anything good in attack is entirely built off individual quality and I don't see any discernible scheme or plan. So frustrating because in all honesty the talent available isn't far off what we had in 2016, just awfully awfull coached imo.

I mean 70 points conceded against Fukking Pau and Treviso and not a lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Adamson has been a poor ref for a long time but Connacht have played enough games under his whistle to know how to manage him. Get on his bad side and he will ref you to death and we did today.

Devine and Jennings should both be in the starting 15, Devine provides noticeably quicker ball than blade and Jennings always seems to find a soft shoulder

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

Three of those Treviso tries were due to unacceptable lapses by Connacht. We need accountability, instead we will be give bromides. Close games lost at the death, capitulations, and amateur errors - this has been the story of this season. Enough of the plucky little under-resourced province attitude, somebody should lose their job.

There were positives to be had from today: Jennings and Devine. Our back line looked a lot better at the end than it did at the beginning, selections have been so poor all year.

• Advertisement

People paid nearly 500 euro to just to travel over on a chartered flight for that woeful showing. Farrell, Aki, Jennings and Devine at least gave it a go in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭ShineyShiney

I wasn't expecting to win this game based on our season so far but I was hopeful that last week's game could be a catalyst for improvement. Sadly not to be. I believe that this coaching team is no longer viable as a collective entity. I've no idea who needs to go but collectively they are bankrupt.

I'd heard comments about bundi, Bealham and Mack making a difference but to be honest you could select South Africa en masse and put them in a Connacht jersey now and they would be cack.

When good players play shite rugby consistently then look at the environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,329 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Might have been a tight enough match had Connacht not decided to gift Benetton a couple of free tries early on. Were always chasing the game after that.

Not sure this coaching ticket would survive in any of the other provinces but not sure anyone in the IRFU are overly bothered because it’s only Connacht.

Presuming they are kept on they really need to show something next season or they’ll struggle to sell season tickets in the new stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Week in and week out it's the same. Week in and week out it's the same players that disappoint. So the question is why do we select these players that disappoint week in and week out. Dave's lineout has been an issue for years. So why does he keep getting selected. Hawkshaw needed to replaced by Farrell and shouldn't even be on the team sheet. Forde should have started at 10 and I would prefer never to see Jack or JJ within our 23. Instead stupid replacements. Thankfully Devine replaced Blade. An obvious move. Other than that they haven't a clue. This management is a complete joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Rugby4568

Would like to see Farrell start at fullback next week. Played well when he came on

Is that you Wilkins? Why not? You have tried everything else. OR HAVE YOU?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Rugby4568

he came on at fullback today and played well

I wouldn't hold out much hope for IRFU guidance. Humphreys is new to the job and probably still settling in. Ulster have problems as serious as ours, although they're ahead of us in terms of installing a new management. Still, I'd imagine that the northerners have priority on his attention, in terms of contribution to irish squads they are underperforming us despite a bigger budget and player base.

Based on the season as a whole, I believe the best player to lead us as captain is Cian Prendergast. He's young but his consistency and commitment should be an example to the team as a whole.

• Advertisement

Advertisement