Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

Disgust.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommybojangles

What is going on with this team. We all knew the head coach appointment was a joke but how have these players regressed and lost belief so badly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭testtech05

How are the closest 3 players we had to the kick there our whole front row? We are a joke so far. I thought after the perfect start we got it might help settle is seems to have had th opposite effect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

I feel terrible for the poor fans that paid to be on the same charter flight as this Duffy's Circus of a team. This is beyond embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,328 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Great attacking lineout position. Followed by a complete overthrow. Sigh.

• Advertisement

Good man Heff. Badly need to score again before HT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Shehal

"We have a good driving maul and are 5 metres out, I know what I'll do…I'll over throw the ball, genius"

No wonder they are 26-7 down.

Cant even let us have a lifeline

Ah Christ it's getting ruled out haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,328 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Just when you think it can’t get worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

That's one of the worst, most overly-officious TMO calls I've ever seen. They're not meant to be there to re-ref the **** game, the ref didn't ask for input. Honestly that's a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭bingobango12

That happens at basically every line out. Ridiculously harsh.

Oh god here comes the Glasgow Warriors refereeing, seeing absolutely every thing Connacht do but then not be as picky with Benetton.

Im not an expert on mauls but was that a harsh call for the tmo to come in with. Looked like he came in behind Heff and slipped up the side

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭tmc1963

It was the correct call.

Dumb infringement - they were going over anyway

Benneton fans booing everything despite being nearly home and hosed is poor enough form

Connacht get over anyway thankfully, need to kick quickly before Hollie digs through the rule book to find some excuse to disallow the try!

We should be right in this but for the terrible scores we have conceeded

Next score is vital. I'd be taking Blade off immediately. Devine can't be any worse than that first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Odd half, we've been very poor but the difference at half time is two freak tries from errors on kick receipt. Hard to see us winning but it's not over yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

It really was a shocking call. And if Adamson was a half decent referee he would call the TMO out for a bullshit call

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

Agreed. McDonald, also, was better. This business with Caolin as captain is also insanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Connacht are just going to be whistled off the park for the remaining 35 mins aren't they. Or at least to a point the game is dead.

Well that was always going to happen when Adamson was named the ref.

And as is common when Connacht have pressed the self destruct button the scrum has always collapsed.

Surely that was a try!?

Cmon TMO, where are you now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

That was bizarre. Don't think the confusion over who was to tap the ball was part of the plan, but Bundee ploughs through two men to score anyway.

After a brief window of hope we concede another very soft penalty in front of the posts

Oh get lost Adamson. Sorry Connacht, you simply aren't going to be allowed get close here. Absolute textbook turnover, the Connacht player is on his **** feet holding the ball.

• Advertisement

Connacht can only win if they are clearly the better side, anything else is going to require Connacht to win the majority of 50/50s which they simply wont be able to do with Adamson as the ref, prime example is that penalty there.

Advertisement