Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

This time and overall, not fully at all but, I think you're not wrong in the global lines

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭ShineyShiney

I for one enjoy your posts, largely for their comedic effect, however it's a chat board you're entitled to your opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Is there a stream for the match ? Asking for a friend....

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

Pretty uncontroversial, I'd say. Helped, obviously, by the fact that we haven't actually seen Cordero, so there's no sense of what we'd miss.

You have your favourites - Tiernan and Tom Daly - but if one is going to be brutal, then it would be TOH who would be released rather than Porch, given that JP is three years younger, and contracted through to 2025. Reilly and Carty are also 2025, but yes, I wouldn't renew either of them.

Murphy does look like an unnecessary bit of recruitment, interesting that he didn't go to Ulster with his father. But he's young and quite well regarded at Leinster, so hopefully he'll prove us wrong.

Hawkshaw is being played out of position IMO. his performances at 12 were very good, but things have been cloudy there as Bundee rollercoaster has ridden high and low. I wouldn't be sure that next season will be BA's last, which means we are overstocked there, especially with Gavin's promotion. Forde is still worth looking at for 10, IMO, and they could return to playing Hawksaw there as well - something to try in pre-season friendlies perhaps?

13 looks like a problem to me, which is why I'll be disappointed if the Farrell rumours prove to be true. Neither Ralston nor Hawkshaw have impressed me there, so what, try forde or Gavin? Seems a bit random from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Shehal

Oh ffs Adamson is the ref, you know what that means.

He'll ref Connacht by the book but let Benetton away with blue murder…typical Glasgow Warriors forum refereeing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭testtech05

Great start but very poor exit again by us. Being reviewed now too....yellow for Darragh is fair enough there tbh.

Though the the Treviso player was lucky not to be checked for the clearout on Boyle that lead to our try too.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭bingobango12

Probably going to be red but anything more than a penalty is harsh. Connacht player is basically on his knees tackling there.

And there is the try. For years now we have been so terrible at restarts and exits.....

We must have crazy stats for given up scores in the couple of minutes after we score

Oh god, its early days but Connacht already look in self destruction mode, hopefully they snap out of it while the game is in the balance.

Ah Bladey..... Made a great read of the play there and completely fumbled the tackle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,329 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Expensive yellow card that was. 12 points conceded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Was it Bundee that missed a tackle there? Woeful defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommybojangles

I think I might turn it off now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭theVersatile

"Glasgow Warriors forum refereeing" is a great phrase. Might have to keep that one in the vocabulary for future use.

This is gonna be a long game I fear.....

JJ up and under far too long there gave the chaser no chance to compete and should have been another try for them but for the mistake

Why the **** would Connacht go for another scrum from the free kick in their half with this plonker of a ref….he couldn't give Benetton a penalty quick enough when given the chance…

Well and truly pressing the self destruct button.

Lucky that Benetton missed granted I'm sure Connacht will do their best to give Umaga another shot at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AccidentallyOnside

Blade at fault for 2 tries already

What is Blade doing there? Batting the ball backwards. It can go anywhere and it did.

And ofcourse within a few seconds Connacht do just that except are kind of to gift up a try never mind a penalty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Cardinal sin from Blade there, receiving team should never EVER tap the ball back because all the momentum is with the chasers. U12 stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Catch the fuxning ball

Jesus that's terrible again by blade he had no one around him just catch it..... 2 tries it's cost us now. Basically gifted them a 12 point lead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Blade is playing absolute kamikaze rugby. At fault for two trys already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Devine and Forde on at half time for Blade and Hanrahan please.

Absolute joke shop stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AccidentallyOnside

What the actual f**k

This is shameful

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Conor15th

Awful stuff

Post edited by Conor15th on

Heffernan approached that ball like it was a live hand grenade.

• Advertisement

This is pure Connacht right now

All they've done is drop the ball and fail to catch kicks.

Really pushing Ulster for who's the biggest clown of the weekend.

Advertisement