Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options
1939495969799»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JayK966

hi just got results from my stage 1 and expect to be called to an interview in the near future. I’m just panicking now as during my application I left out a few jobs that I had I don’t remember why I did this or if they only wanted 3-4 but I left out some while I was young will they ask about this during the interview do a check on my employment history if I was to go any further ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dyagon84

Congrats on passing! You will be questioned about the gaps in your employment history. I suggest you download your application and memorise the gaps so you can fill them in verbally when questioned in the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Depotdoc

Not really an issue - I forgot one and I mentioned it accidentally in my interview and she just made a note of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 higoramf

intankes

Post edited by higoramf on

Hi , I’m from 2023 campaign, I met the superintendent and looks the vetting is taking long, I emailed HR but had no response, which way did you contacted them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ACD98

Any whats app groups for the 8th of April intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

How long are you waiting on vetting? I’m 2023 and waiting since start of October.

You can ring Garda hr on (01) 666 2571

Hi, I’m waiting on the same time as you. Since October

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Red devil 77

Does anyone know will I pass the medical if I take a blood pressure tablet (my blood pressure is perfect from the tablet)

Aw , that’s make me feel better haha, not the only one left waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Dyagon84

Anyone who recently passed their Stage 2 competency based interview have any tips for those of us doing their interviews next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 denmiester

I didn't do it recently, was at the end of 2022, just if you have all your examples set in stone for the competencies. Have a back up for each one just incase they say "oh well we heard a few from your job so for the next one could you tell us something you did in your school or community that relates to this competency" just have maby 2 examples for each of the 5 competencies from different areas ya were involved in. I was a bit ridged with mine and had to pause and think while they watched. Look still passed even with that so I think you will be grand. Just try keep talking, they will interject when they are happy and want to move on for time, all the best

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Iphone1923

Any WhatsApp groups going around for the June intake?

If you PM ‘Grace259’ , I think they made a whatsapp group. They mentioned it on a different thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Depotdoc

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LP404

Not sure if anyone reads the commissioners report but saw something interesting there for anyone still waiting on their vetting:

”984 candidates, inclusive of the 296 who  have cleared all elements so far, remain in An Garda Siochána clearance process.”

This is taken from the April report 2024. Don’t know if it includes everyone from 2022 and 2023 so far, but seems like a huge number waiting to be cleared.

Marches report gives better detail:

“220 candidates have cleared all elements of the process and will be invited to the next intake.
    Invitations to candidates will issue 4/5 weeks prior to the next intake.

The next intake is scheduled for 8 April 2024.

1,055 candidates (inclusive of the 136 who have cleared all elements so far) are still in the An
    Garda Síochána clearance process.
    Of these, 292 are from the 2022 competition and 763 from the 2023 competition.”

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Grace259

For anyone who has received an offer for July or knows they're going in july because they deferred, pm me and I'll add you to the WhatsApp group 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mart123456789

anyone who’s deferred their place in the college how does it work what reasons did ye give or do you need to do medical/fitness again ?

Deferred April to finish my masters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 mart123456789

when did u get an offer for April ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dan90M

how long were you waiting on vetting and are you 2022 campaign ? Tia

Got the offer in Feb and regarding the vetting, passed my physical in Nov and did my last Sergeant interview the end of Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 1 juleskea20

Hello, i'm looking for a side job in the Netherlands preciesly in Groningen, I immigrated two years ago on the student visa, Then we had Uber delivery, temper, and young ones that will could easily get a job in other to take care of bills especially tuition (8k), housing, feeding and others. As years go by, the freelancing app are gradually beeing stripped off, last year it was uber and now youngones and temper. Cureently i am looking for somewhere to work if anyone has an idea of how i can get a cash on hand job here i will gladly appreciate Thanks.

Do you mind me asking, have you any foreign addresses or relatives abroad? Im on a similar timeline to but still waiting on vetting myself.

I’d say this is the wrong place to be asking. This is for Garda recruitment.

No but one of my partners relatives live in Australia so I thought that would cause a delay but it didn't in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aka55

just got email to book interview band 2.

Advertisement