Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein and how do they form a government dilemma

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,348 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Simple as this:

FF were in power, then it was FG, then it was FF, then it was FG.

I.E. Power swapped between them. They didn't consciously do it but that is what happened. I think an arrogance was born from that.

You don't agree. Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭pureza

That's about as relevant as today is a sunny day tomorrow its cloudy,next day its sunny

You're pretending against the evidence of history that the 2 didn't fight tooth and nail for votes for 100 years and you're designing the lie such as to ignore your party of choice for all of those years were busy making themselves unelectable by cosying up to Marxist leninist's

In a Catholic country of all places at the time

Go away with the nonsense now and come back with something genuine please

The effective outcome was power swapped between them howsoever they fought. IMO (you are free to disagree) that led to an arrogance which saw two parties that had become almost indistinguishable engaging in a sham fight at elections. I posit the ease with which they coalesced to form a government as proof of that sham.

It is not a lie to say that in making the point I did:

Are you now saying that FF and FG did offer themselves for negotiation?

They didn't, that route to government was closed to 24% of the electorate because the two parties between whom power had swapped since the foundation of the state put their sham differences aside and coalesced together and refused to negotiate.

Personally I think that was a solo run or a run by a few members of FF. I suspect a good number of the party struggling around 17% in the polls regret that and we will see a shift.

So you are admitting that you are saying,against the overwhelming historical evidence that for 100 years that FF and FG fighting tooth and nail for every vote was a sham fight,some kind of collusion

The fact there was no other realistic choice due to other parties busying themselves looking unelectable had nothing to do with the situation as opposed to everything,you ignore because all you're interested in here is not facts but throwing dirt at your two hated parties is it?

Not to mention dissing the choice people did make in the absence of other electable parties

Lol

I asked for something genuine

I didn't ask for you to continue looking silly peddling this nonsense

You are seeing collusion where it was not implied. Things happened as they did, and political parties got comfortable/arrogant with it, simple as that.

As I said. You don't agree. That's fine.

• Advertisement

But you are fundamentally wrong

If 2 parties make themselves electable and others don't including your party of choice,that has nothing whatsoever to do with the 2 more successful parties and everything to do with the parties busying themselves being unelectable

Look, you object to a perfectly legitimate descriptive word.

Whatever about fighting elections, what other parties did or didn't do, what way the wind was blowing on election day, effectively power swapped between FF and FG since independence. We know no other parties as leaders in government.

It is basic English. End of discussion now. Your objection is noted.

As I said,you're stating what happened but directing the blame in the wrong direction

In doing so you're mis using language to ignore analysis for the purposes of proferring your own political persuasion instead of the facts

Expect to be called out on that everytime when you do it in a public discussion forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Off you are off on one again.

More noise from the Sinn Fein propaganda machine.

Yes Ireland had FF and FG in government, we have managed to get to a position that we are one of the best countries in the World to live in. Yes we have issues but so does every country in the World

You think this is a horrible thing, to have people that can get a great education, can get a job, buy a home for the majority, get healthcare etc. Yes we can make improvements in all of these elements but we have those available.

It is not the job of FF or FG to get Sinn Fein into government, that is up to them. They ran an incorrect campaign, had no idea it would be a revolt vote and ended up in a position that they could have got into government. They disappeared then till all of the rest of the parties got bored waiting and created a government. Then Sinn Fein came out crying "it wasn't fair"

You can spin it whatever way you like, of course we got then promised "the best effective opposition" and that likes most things with Sinn Fein has crashed and burned, let us all not forget an alternative budget they couldn't event get right and had to pull it because of mistakes. Never mind the insurance bill by Pearse which would have been a disaster for every person in Ireland paying insurance.

End of discussion is right, but I do expect the 100 posts of the same stuff you have misrepresented 100 times before.

Sinn Fein are still running that narrative

Then you ask about Northern Ireland and how are they getting on, then everyone is told to ignore Northern Ireland 🤦‍♂️

• Advertisement

Yes it’s an excuse along with the hundred other you have

I made my point, why would do you need to ask a follow on?

In terms of your prediction, you have no idea on the discussion in any party apart from Sinn Fein, you spent all day here waffling about power swap as if that’s a bad thing when Ireland is an excellent country.

It’s the same noise repeated across all media by seemingly people who just spin out what they are told to say.

Go on tell us about power swap again 🤦‍♂️😂

Or FF and FG are the same party 🤦‍♂️😂

Who do you think you are that what you say can’t be questioned or debated?

If all you have is some petulance about being challenged maybe forums are not for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Swap implies a quid pro quo, a planned exchange. Not definitively the case when parties alertnately won elections. "They swapped" versus "was swapped" are also different in implication.

Anyway, who's available to carry the cónra? Ferris, Quinlivan, Adams and Carthy for the first lift. It would only be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,313 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You have to remember that Francie claims to have been fooled by the two biggest parties for 40 years into voting for them, and only recently converted to Sinn Fein. The self-awareness to realise that having been fooled by two parties for 40 years that he is now being fooled by another party is absent. Why? Cultist behaviour never sees beyond the cult. Indoctrination in the ways of the good republican cause means that you revert back to the themes and memes that sustain your belief. It is like engaging with a devoted Catholic on transubstantiation. Best to ignore.

Not 'fooled'.

I'm a realist, I understood even when voting for them that FG and FF were not perfect, that I didn't subscribe to all of their policy. No different when I decided to vote for SF. I don't defend them on every single issue that comes up around them or all of their policy, for instance.

You may be confused, Enda certainly did 'fool' me with his New Politics nonsense. I left the FG cult, (around 20% are still being fooled) behind after 2016 when I realised he nor FG was ever going to deliver on those promises.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,593 ✭✭✭blackwhite

So you were shilling for Sinn Féin across multiple accounts on here between 2010-2016, but voting for FG ?

Pull the other one

• Registered Users Posts: 27,313 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Despite the denials, he is on record as claiming to have been fooled for decades by the two main parties. That was the language used, and yes, that was right up until the 2020 election when he started voting for Sinn Fein for the first time. I will leave it there, it is all on record.

I never had 'multiple accounts' I misused two legal accounts (for the sum total of 3-4 posts on one thread) the mods were fully aware of. I was extremely critical of FG and FF but I still voted for them as I didn't think SF were ready, I do believe that election was a watershed of sorts in the country in general. You could sense plenty of people had had enough and that reflected in the vote in 2020. Definitively my mistake in 2016.

Here is an exchange between us in 2022 when you tried this on as well.

Blanch: Wait a minute, you have confessed to being fooled for 50 years. I haven't convicted based just on an allegation - it is your self-confessed position that politicians are clever enough to fool you for 50 years.

I see nothing that would convince me that you aren't still being fooled.

FrancieBrady: Where did I confess to being fooled for 50 years? I'm pretty sure I said the watershed moment for me was Enda's bullshit about new politics.

I got fooled again in 2016 but that was the end of it.

People still in captivity shouldn't be throwing stones.

I never said I was fooled for 50 years but freely admit to being fooled by Enda, as we all, including you, were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

I see Doherty was doing his tiresome shouting, roaring and finger pointing stuff today in the Dáil. He’s full of auld bluster and hot air for the social media team, but he’s red raw useless when he’s asked for any detail in an interview. More depth in a saucer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

When you’re explaining...again, you mean.

blanch, never showed where I had 'confessed I was fooled for 50 years'.

Spoofing now as he was then.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭acceletor

I'm curious, have you ever received any bans on this site?

Interesting another of the new accounts on boards started a thread about creating a new political party.

The entire post was about how great Sinn Fein was but poor Sinn Fein the only reason people are not voting for them is because of their history.

Needless to say the thread is crashing and burning, as Sinn Fein policies are pulled to pieces

Unfortunately for Sinn Fein as people get closer to an election it would seem they are reading the parties policies and strangely enough the incompetent ones from Sinn Fein are falling to pieces.

Nobody has yet to say they are not voting for them because of the "fear" and other waffle we get fired out on these threads.

So to answer the original thread title "Sinn Fein and how do they form a government dilemma"? well looks like they won't need to 😂

Had a read of the thread there and even though the poster clarified that he/she was not interested in voting for SF you and a few others insisted on talking about SF. When your own not much older account got found out on taxes you immediately deflected to Paddy Cosgrove who isn't in any political party nor setting up one.

🤣

Attack the poster as usual Francie, it will never change will it?

Were you, a relatively new account, not attacking a poster too? Is there anything I said not true?

No I didn't, but then again you know that and off down the same rabbit hole

The interesting part of the thread which as I posted is clear from the posters on the thread the policies of Sinn Fein have been found out.

Instead of responding about that you try to attack me. As I said, it will never change.

P.S I have no interest in 100 responses trying to bait me into saying something so you can run to the mods. As usual you attack the poster instead of the topic

• Advertisement

You certainly kept saying they were found out when the OP repeatedly was saying they were not advocating voting for SF. Then when you were found out yourself you deflected to Paddy Cosgrove. About right? I think I have described the course of that thread quite accurately.

P.S. Policies will only be 'found out' when they are implemented.

Advertisement