Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2022 Assistant Principal Competition - Open and Interdepartmental

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Piglet85

Did anyone else receive an email confirming that they passed shortlisting but no further info regarding whether the score is high enough to be called for interview? It's for a region outside Dublin so I imagine there may only be one batch. I'm not sure if everyone who passes shortlisting gets kept in the loop regarding interviews or if you only find out you haven't made the cutoff by dint of radio silence...

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭res1

Hi for preparation I have previously advised others to go to Brian McIvor on Youtube plus you can order a brilliant free book on his website "Be Interview-Wise" brilliantly concise and very useful book for everyone getting to interview stage and also particularly those with no experience of CS interviews. (PS. I have no affiliation whatsoever with Brian McIvor other than I found his material excellent !). Best of luck if you want to pm for further advice happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bringitonn

Hi, has anyone been appointed or worked in DCEDIY? Hearing mixed reports on working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 markyp1988

For those who have been appointed so far, where have you ended up? It seems predominantly DSP or DCEDIY? Any ended up anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Tony29

I too was offered Dept of Children

the HR rep tried hard to dress it up

HR can’t or won’t guarantee you a role until you land at their door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Swilly22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Would be interested on hearing the negatives. I have only heard good things so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 OnwardsandUpwards

Thanks so much for the info. Did you know about these conditions before you accepted the offer?

I did. HR told me. I wondered would that actually be the case when I started and thankfully it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 OnwardsandUpwards

Do you mind me asking what their WFH/flexi policies are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Msrule

I was high on the initial OOM, but had applied for Cork / Limerick so heard nothing until last week when notified of success in stage 2 shortlisting, now called for stage 3 interview late March, though frustratingly after a year of radio silence, on a day I definitely cannot attend!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Piglet85

Same here, confirmation of interview yesterday. I'm in two minds whether to go ahead or not to be honest, I like my current HEO post and would have to go back to a longer commute if I were to get offered a position. Plus with all the uncertainty around differing WFH policies across departments, it feels like a risk. Having said that, I know I should really go for it and see what happens...

Get in touch with PAS if you haven't already, they will probably accommodate you. I have hear of that happening a couple of times previously. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Msrule

Thanks, I have emailed - we will see what happens. I like the (none CS) job I am currently in, so if not, sure nothing lost, we'll go again!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 littleb

Hi folks,

I got an email late last week to say I’ve passed the shortlisting didn’t meet the scoring for immediately interview but will be called forward in due course. Can I ask what is the process as in how far in advance will PAS send on an exercise to be completed before an interview? Trying to get my ducks in a row where/if possible.

Post edited by littleb on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sakura009

Did I read it correctly it was a year if radio silence? 😬

I placed first in the open HEO last December with Limerick as my preference but gave me a Dublin job in Department of Children!

I wanted to reject it considering the long wait and they cant still give me a timeline or details as to WFH policy even when I am done with garda vetting etc 🥲

• Registered Users Posts: 2 elliebeegoode

I just got an offer today for Dept of Justice - no details yet. Does anyone know what their WFH policy is like or does it vary a lot?

Re: DCEDIY, I know two people working there who say they're very happy. But a recent vacancy in my current dept had fewer than 12 applicants and more than half were from DCEDIY so that feels to me like there's a lot of people looking to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bringitonn

Was the vacancy in your current dept at AP level?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 elliebeegoode

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Wood

The amount of people trying to get out is due to the fact that a lot of staff who requested to go to the Ukraine response divisions are at the end of their 2 year positions and are probably trying to avoid being shoehorned into another position in a similar are. Also it seems like a lot of people use DCEDIY as a stepping stone for promotion due the the insane amount of internal competitions they hold.

There are a lot of happy staff in DCEDIY, the WFH policy kicks in on day one, the free gym and subsidised canteen are handy too. I'm happy here, but i'm not in that long.

• Advertisement

Anyone know where PAS are at in terms of clearance for the Dublin open panel? I believe they’ve nearly finished clearing batch 3.3 internal but no idea if they’ve started batch 3.2 or 3.3 for open.

great to hear a positive review, I’ve been in my Dept a long time so if I’m successful in an upcoming interview good to know about other positive experiences

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Onion87

Two weeks ago they were still on 3.2 in open and hadn't started 3.3, they had about 7 to go in 3.2 (I think) before starting 3.3

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Onion87

@Onion87 most units are 2 days in office and 3 days WFH.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 PBR

Thanks this is useful to know. As I’m on the fence regarding my InterD assignment

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

Just to give people some further info on timescales for interD placements:

- Interview/presentation on 25th January

- Results came on 13th February, started clearance within a day or two

- Spoke to my HR and agree to take an internal post, start on 18th March.

Best of luck to all those going through this process.

HydroTendonMan

Congrats on your success, fast turnaround for interD side of things.

Can I ask how far in advance did you get notice and preparation of the presentation before the interview. I’m through the shortlisting but told they will be in contact in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Twinstogether2015

Congratulations all who have gone through this process. Has anyone been successful who applied for Cavan or Meath?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭countyireland12345

Does anyone know if a Cork panel has been/will be formed?

Advertisement