Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ways of living you never want to go back to

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,059 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It was tolerable when a screenshot of a QR code was accepted. Now Ticketmaster want their app open with a live data connection. I can see that working out great.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Qrt

I Wonder if they’ve tried the 3Arena? You can’t even send a text in there most times.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,177 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I prefer to be able to print but you can save to Google wallet I think.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I really never want to go back to paying for a service that serves me ads.

The worst offender being cable TV. I've not had cable TV for over 20 years now and I'm so glad for it. Pretty much the only times I'm exposed to TV ads now is if I'm sitting in a bar or restaurant with a TV going in the background.

If Netflix goes to an ad supported pay model...bye!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Five days a week in the office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭saabsaab

The FF tent in the Galway Races..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,059 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Watching live TV is something I don't want to go back to (except sport - but sometimes not even then)

PVR it and skip the ads / halftime bullshit. Life is too short.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

TBH the majority of my watching is either Netflix for series and the odd movie, or YouTube for 5 to 25 min vids ranging from history, green tech, current affairs and tutorials to do up my gaff or fix my car. Oh and music on weekends when I'm making breakfast or having lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭bejeezus

Severe depression.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Lucky Dee Forbes is sick, otherwise she would make you go back and watch every single one of those ads you skipped

• Registered Users Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭pgj2015

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Long Commutes. They have been the bane of my existence at various times. Years ago in London I had one that was 2h each way, on bus, Tube and train. After 9 months of that, I came down with pneumonia and was out for two weeks.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

I'd like to add shift work to this. There is different shift patterns in fairness and some are worse than others.

I used to have 12hr shifts that were 3 days on, 3 days off, 3 nights on, 3 nights off, or something like that. Wasn't too too bad but still not ideal.

Then moved company and had 2 days on, 2 nights on 4 days off. It was brutal. You work 8 am to 8pm and you've 24 hours to switch to working again at 8pm. No way I could have done it without blackout curtains but even then it took a toll on my health. Not worth the shift premium tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Twin tub washing machines

• Registered Users Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Even though I loved it at the time , I'd never go back to snaring rabbits and cutting, turning, clamping and bagging turf. Though the ride home in the tractor was great craic.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Had to use US modern toploaders in 2014 that were about as 'good' as a twintub. One was a 110v dryer - may as well have breathed on my clothes to dry them, and I'm asthmatic. The spin in a better twin tub would probably have left them dry enough to hang off the end of the bed or something; this just made them warm and damp for hours and hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭GIMP

Growing up on a west of Ireland farm, feeding cattle smelly silage and shoveling shite from them all day Saturday because we had no slatted shed, then asking your miserable b@llox father for a tenner to go out on a Saturday night and him making a big deal out of it, w@nker! Great memories 🙄🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Living in a house overseas with no heating system apart from a tiny stove while working long hard hours. Spent many an hour lying in the bath watching a movie on the laptop on the floor of the bathroom. Sometimes would have a bottle of red wine for company and all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement