Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 40- 6th/7th April 2024 'spoilers'

Options

Comments

Ole Dwayne was legit fuming on the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,878 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I doubt Seth will be cleared in time for EC

I'd say it's frustrating for Punk seeing all that

• Registered Users Posts: 30,959 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

For whatever reason Rock's usual bit of charisma was nowhere in sight tonight. Felt like a fella half-heartedly reading his lines for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭johnnyk29

Good idea for a tag match for the Rock as he has looked very rusty and tired when he is performing in ring moves lately... definitely the right move for Wrestlemania was made after the backlash from smackdown

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Enjoyed that. No idea if they planned it all as a work but that was great to watch play out. The crowd being there made it too.

Cody Rock at EC seemed unfathomable just this evening and now we might be on the verge of seeing it. Love that it's not all resolved properly yet too as Mania is two months away so there's loads of time to play stuff out.

The tag match with Roman/Rock VS Cody/Seth would be a great call but I wonder if Seth will be cleared by then. And all reports had no Roman at EC either but that might have changed now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

He's still doing his 1999 shtick in 2024, that's the main issue. Hollywood Rock is more interesting than catchphrase Rock which is what he's been on most returns recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭Ridley

It's Bloodline Rock now, what are The People expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,344 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Roman & Rock vs. Cody & Seth Night 1

Cody vs. Roman and Seth vs. EC winner Night 2.

The women get forgotten about and pushed down the card both nights.

If it's anything like 03 Rock in his Hollywood gimmick I can't wait, that was gold.

• Advertisement

So Cody either loses on night one or he beats Rollins and goes into the match against Roman with the bridesmaid belt. And if Cody beats Rollins hasn't he finished his story?

It'd then have to be a unification match.

Cody can't lose at 'HIS' Wrestlemania and there's 0.0000% chance of a unification match.

EDIT: To be honest, I see so much wrong with this proposal that I could edit this post from here until Wrestlemania.

What's everyone's thoughts on Cody not ending the story and Roman winning again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,344 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I will say the most dominant champion in a generation or two looked like a complete wimp and the weakest of the 4 men on stage.

Roman looked small and weak and over shadowed by Seth, Cody & The Rock on stage

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No way I want Wrestlemania again with Roman's hand raised, give Cody his moment finally

Could Rock be playing Roman, ultimately helping Cody?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭Cotts72

They way they stood side by side I'm wondering if Rock v Roman is going to happen now as they appear united against Cody...if Cody beats rock then it makes rock look weak going up against reigns...

It will be interesting to see how this plays out

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If there is a tag match at EC surely Jey would tag with Cody since even if Seth is good to go (which he probably wont) they might want to save him to make sure he is at WM. Although I guess Jey vs Gunther at EC with Jimmy costing him the title.

Overall it was a bit of a meh press conference but getting a more heel Rock for once might be decent but still makes no sense how Roman/Rock were set to fight each other a week ago and now stand tall with each other, also the fact they got so pissed over Cody saying their fathers would be ashamed of them was kinda weak imo.

IF its a 3 way can see Cody getting the win (hopefully pinning Reigns), Rock raises his hand out of respect. Sets up Reigns loosing it over the following months which leads to the one on one match with Rock/Reigns at Summerslam?

I didn't get why Seth stayed on stage once Cody picked Roman

Big E mentioned Rock on the board, essentially being Cody's boss but that it's Cody's time

It felt like an old school Jerry Springer segment but it worked as Rock sold being really pissed off and angry

Punk said Cody and Seth should be slapping people 😄 I'd keep Punk as guest commentary while recovering

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don’t believe for a second this was the plan last Friday, but fair play, they pivoted quickly back to the right direction. And a Heel Rock is something we’ve not had for so long, that makes me way more excited. Throwing Seth into the mix on stage also left us with loads of combinations, stories and so on.

If you ignore the aspects of Smackdown that directly contradict this, this is a great direction to be going, story wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Bloodline Rock.

Hook. It. Into. My. Veins!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I don't ever recall WWE having this much momentum, when has a wrestling press conference ever felt this important, between this and the Netflix deal WWE feels red hot at the moment.

They place the last week so well to recover from the colossal mistake of making Cody step aside. And they still left it with more questions than answers giving people a reason to keep tuning in week in week out between now and Mania.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Put him in Roman's corner make it look impossible for Cody and let Cody overcome the odds.

Have Rock and Roman clash after the match and there's your main event for Summerslam or Mania 41 in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Heel rock will make this feud so much better. Especially if him and reigns start squabbling over leadership of the bloodline. I'd love to see Rikiski and Jacob Fatu enter the mix also to elevate it further... Really stack the odds

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

And then you can have Roman as the red-hot babyface they’ve tried so hard to create since 2014, and it’ll actually feel right this time. He’s been a legendary heel but it feels like they’ve taken that version of Reigns as far as it could ever go now.

It's heel Rock but it doesn't seem like goofy Hollywood Rock. It's just him being intimidating and aggressive so far.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Yes!

It is funny to see Rock walk in and take over Reigns spot as leader.

At least they have started to create a reason for a future Roman v Rock match, having them pal up before their realtionship breaks down actually gives them a reason to have a match that did not exist before.

Cody can also wind up Reigns now by saying he has started to take everything from him, just like he said he would, as Reigns is now behind Rock instead of head of the table.

In am odd way they have started something that makes the road to Mania interesting and started telling a bigger story even if that was not the intended story.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Big E played up the fact Rock is on the board after the moment so I’m guessing this is a new Corporate Rock.

He could become this generations Vince if he wanted. Minus the raping and pooping on heads 😂

• Advertisement

I don't think he'd become an authority figure like Vince.

For one, he's too busy and two, when Vince was an on-screen authority figure, he didn't mind being the butt of the jokes; pissing himself, having his head shoved up Big Show's hole, getting his head shaved etc. I'd say Rock cares too much about his image to be clowned on in WWE.

Also, he's still The Rock, he'd overshadow a lot of babyfaces even as a heel authority figure, but this short corporate run could be great.

Advertisement