Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 40- 6th/7th April 2024 'spoilers'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,046 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It's nearly worse than Lesnar beating Taker ending the streak, Rock taking Cody's spot at WM, I suppose dethroning Reigns at WM has become the new streak

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Won't happen but imaging Cody costing The Rock the match setting up a Summerslam match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Ridley

Ooh, I missed the Smackdown drama.

I was fine with the closing promo but, kayfabe-wise, it argued better for Rhodes/Reigns II and Rock/Rollins under the circumstances. The latter cause Rollins snubbed the WWE's legacy title.

Surprised WrestleMania Xtra Large isn't being promoted as such.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The PS at the end in other words we hear your complaints and we don’t care.

Tone deaf post by the Rock as usual. The only thing that man loves is himself and his brand.

#WeWantCody top trending on Twitter X for 2 days now

Wrestlemania had already sold a lot of tickets before but if they now do Cody against Roman it will be a sell out, Cody's support has gone through the roof, no one talking about Vince, all about Cody finishing his story at Wrestlemania, beating Reigns

Raw and SD next week should be interesting but how do they revert back, what will be the storyline? The Rock is scheduled for EC

Is it all a work, are they reverting back

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

WWE edited the video of the segment from smack down to where you don’t see Cody leaving the ring. I knew the rock was making a movie called black Adam but as it’s not something I pay much attention to, I didn’t know it hadn’t done well at the box office. It appears rock tried to pull a power move and it didn’t work.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You mean the part he walks away a completely dejected man dead behind the eyes?

I love how the wwe is going to edit this as a triumph and not the complete disaster it is.

Like who benefits from this main event? Reigns wins? So what he beat a 52 year old actor who hasn’t wrestled in years.

Dwayne wins and stops the longest reign in decades is even a worse outcome.

Absolute shambles of booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I was talking to my mates about this this morning.

I'm think having The Rock involved in the bloodline is such a win and had to happen but with the Cody situation it has really thrown a spanner in the works. It's about being Mania and them wanting The Rock in the main event that is the crux of it all.

I know nobody likes a swerve but I think it would be cool for a Heel Rock to align with the Bloodline he ensure Cody doesn't beat the family. Making Cody's mountain even more impressive to overcome.

• Advertisement

A Triple Threat wouldn't be the worst outcome. Cody pinning Rock instead of Roman creates a possibility of Roman vs Rock down the line

They got everyone talking about it anyway going by social media

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reigns finally losing the title cause some one else got pinned would be so typically on brand for WWE. Can’t let the babyface get his big moment. Gotta make it dirty somehow, to keep Roman strong.

Things getting very intresting now regarding Cody

Would it be typical WWE to have it be a triple threat but Roman will win

Definitely Cody finishing the story with all 'the good guys' in the ring cheering him sounds a good ending

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

And rightfully so. Still not buying him losing to Stardust.

I feel if you take this attitude with past gimmicks, 90% of the wrestling industry is screwed, cause pretty much no one sprang onto the scene with a fully formed, final main event level character 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Ah, but this is akin to Chavo becoming Kerwyn White. It’s not anywhere close to the evolution of Rocky Maivia becoming The Rock or Reigns to the Tribal Chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A simple way out of it is Roman beats the Rock on night 1 to be Head of the Table and then Cody beats Roman on night 2 to finish the story.

Roman then has the heel story line excuse that he had to wrestle two matches in two nights that's why he lost to Cody.

And yet, it works with his current character, which is to point out how undervalued he was, how he made that **** so memorable, went and proved his worth and has now returned as a genuine main event level babyface, like he always knew he could be, despite their attempts to saddle him with **** gimmicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Not simple at all. You're giving the result of the first night away off-the-bat.

I get the impression that they're all in on Rock vs Roman being the main event and Cody's story to the WWE Title might wait till next year. He can still win the WHC in that time and 'finish the story' another time.

When Roman loses the title it has to be convincing. It can't be a 'I had 2 matches in 2 nights' type job. Who knows - He may well hold till next Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Roman main eventing both nights would be unfair to others. Like weren't there already reports that Bayley mightn't even get her main event spot either night?

• Advertisement

Is Bayley the rumble winner even at the presser as not on the poster for it

Very odd terminology used to describe it

Makes Cody look a fool

Are we been worked ?

The Rock the big hero, the only one to step up to Roman

Burying Cody to make him look weak and Rock look strong, essentially giving him the Daniel Bryan treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So is this a Kayfabe presser today or will real journos be there to ask the real question about Vince, Brock & Johnny Ace and others high up in the WWE being monsters and why did they cover up the rape of Ashley on the Tribute to the Troops show because at the end of the day who really cares about Cody/Rock & Roman enteratinment when the WWE under Vince McMahon destroyed so many lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Seems to leaning more into Hollywood Rock...

Well Cody did hand the Rock a title opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

A) Cody puts his shot on the line against Rock at EC

B) Cody vs Reigns at EC

C) Triple Theat at Mania

D) Cody vs Reigns at Mania

E) Cody vs Rollins at Mania

???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,982 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

This is next-level booking, good Lord.

They're going to engineer this so Cody, a guy they have pushed to the moon (back-to-back Rumbles, wins over Brock, 3-0 against Seth), will probably be coming in as a white-hot underdog babyface.

Chapeau.

Advertisement